Massive amount of Crashes to desktop in Mid Frontiers

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Seems independent of client tbh, had multiple crashes on all 3 clients tonight. Just avoid blend area if you're having the problem

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Not going to Mid anymore until this is fixed. Spent a very frustrating hour with mass lds from our group happening once every few mins.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
yesterday in blend tower, crit error 5 time (cat client) in ~1 hour.
bott account and main both usually same time (different pc:s)
wednesday bott ld in uppland, moved to odin and 0 ld in ~1 hour, same whit main.

look like problems are in jamtland and svasud?

have mythic/goa rised bainshees cae range/area suddenly wiping entire zone?
not anymore only towers/keeps :)

hmm and so far only got 1 message goa is looking this problem, ingame via one player who asked dev directly, nothing in goa mainpage, nothing here.

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
My guess would be either corrupt data on the server or a bug in the new game.dll leading to a NULL pointer or something.

At least all of us that were affected crashed simultaniously. But not all of us were affected so my first guess would be that there is a corruption in the prydwen files as it didn't happen on the German servers so far.

Tuppe said:
have mythic/goa rised bainshees cae range/area suddenly wiping entire zone?
not anymore only towers/keeps :)

They didn't. I crashed the same time as you did. ;)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Maeloch said:
Seems independent of client tbh, had multiple crashes on all 3 clients tonight. Just avoid blend area if you're having the problem

looks like a sneaky way to defend ones relics...... ;)

pip

Banned
Any 1 no why this is happening had a lot of thunder and lightening latley :( Wonder if that as caused it due to damage :eek6:

belxavier

Fledgling Freddie
hate this crap happened to me in toa even yest going to ml7 dung, also many times in different frontiers on bot and main pc together and seperately..also CTD mid fight etc isnt amuseing and need fix it asap :E

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
have somehow feeling goa wish next patch fix these problems?
personally dont waite any changes before patch day, sad thou because wanna time by time try if get few rp:s, not random crit errors :D

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
have somehow feeling goa wish next patch fix these problems?
personally dont waite any changes before patch day, sad thou because wanna time by time try if get few rp:s, not random crit errors :D
ouch i read that 5 times and still can't understand it :(

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Penlid said:
"I have feeling that GOA hopes next patch will fix these problems or? Personally I dont expect any changes before the patch which sucks because I would like to RvR instead of wathing random crit errors"

I think Oo

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
This almost certainly isnt going to work, but have people tried doing a complete file check?

Also as its a problem that specific users suffer from, then its almost certainly machine specific. (Though its hard to be certain as all we have is anecdotal evidence).

Perhaps if the people who crashed posted up the pc and OS details then that would held find some commanality.

Ive not experienced this crash myself, even though multiple people in my group have dropped. Does it crash to desktop with no information or what?

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Cromcruaich said:
This almost certainly isnt going to work, but have people tried doing a complete file check?

Also as its a problem that specific users suffer from, then its almost certainly machine specific. (Though its hard to be certain as all we have is anecdotal evidence).

Perhaps if the people who crashed posted up the pc and OS details then that would held find some commanality.

Ive not experienced this crash myself, even though multiple people in my group have dropped. Does it crash to desktop with no information or what?

mine came up with a send error report because DAoC ToA is not responding etc

belxavier

Fledgling Freddie
Cromcruaich said:

yes it comes up with an error game.dll fatal/critical error program closed if problem persists blah blah send error report / dont send ....

this is what you usually get when this occurs also complete filecheck makes no difference for me neway

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
PC: Athlon 64 X2 4800+, 4 gig ddr400 crucial ram, dual PCI gigabyte 7800 GT 256mb cards in SLi, Asus A8N-Deluxe board. Fresh install of Win2k Pro SP4 on Monday: crashes in SI, TOA, Catacombs

Server: Athlon 64 3000+, 2gig ddr400 OCZ ram, ATI Radeon 9800 256mb, Abit Av8+3rd Eye board: crashes in SI, TOA, Catacombs

Laptop: Toshiba Satelite P20 laptop, 3.2GHz P4, 512mb ddr ram, nVidia FX Go5700 card. Fresh install of WinXP Pro SP2 on Tuesday: crashes in SI, TOA, Catacombs.

Funny thing is I tried running 3 accounts last night at Blendrake. Culian on the laptop running SI, Tickled on the server running Catacombs and Usp on the PC running TOA, all 3 clients crash at the exact same time when they were in or near the keep. So it is very unlikely that the issue is with the PCs or a corrupt file on my installs as I have 3 seperate brand new installs (fully downloaded from patcher) on all 3 machines.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
VidX said:
PC: Athlon 64 X2 4800+, 4 gig ddr400 crucial ram, dual PCI gigabyte 7800 GT 256mb cards in SLi, Asus A8N-Deluxe board. Fresh install of Win2k Pro SP4 on Monday

Looks like someone spent a few pennies on that one :)

Gamah

Banned
crashing only started after the server maintence for cluster :|

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Dakkath said:
Looks like someone spent a few pennies on that one :)

£3487.19 to be exact, including the case and a nice 19" crt capable of letting me see what FarCry looks like at 2048 :D

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Cromcruaich said:

It is NOT machine specific. It occurs on different machines at exactly the same time.

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
Adianna said:
It is NOT machine specific. It occurs on different machines at exactly the same time.

Very true, I got a 2 grand computer and a botched buffbot machine and they both crash out at different times. Now and again they crash together.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Seems to be spreading over to Alb now, had 2 crashes on ToA client within ~5 minutes of each other.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
just had this happen to me for the first time too
and me, bluesky, his bots, and someone else all went at exactly the same time, then tyrani just after

leviathane

Part of the furniture
gettin beyond the joke now tbh, fckin fix it goa. Any gm's response yet btw?

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
apparently it'll be fixed in the next patch, so theres no point bothering with it now

Arakasi01

Fledgling Freddie
Dont know if someone mentioned this already since this is a long ass thread, but the crashes involve something with warlocks and their spells. Many people go LD as soon as any warlock comes close and starts casting ^^.
Expect a relic raid with 100 warlocks soon ^^

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
alb frontiers crash too?

crashed 2 times :m00: today in alb frontiers :puke:

Littles

Loyal Freddie
My PC isn't that great my con is okish and it's never happened to me once. I hardly get any lag either.

The only thing i can think of is that there has to be a collection of character data on a server somewhere, maybe this is spread over multiple servers and the one is shagged(technical jargon term).

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Repeated crashes tonight added to the lack of anything under a fg out amounted to /quit for me within 30 mins of logging back in :(

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Penlid said:

k.
i am sure goa wish next weeks patch fix these crit error problems in frontiers.
this is probably reason why goa havent so far react these crit error problems.
but over 2 week same crap, game unplayable most situations in frontiers, is this acceptable?

just my personal opinion offcourse.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Bluesky said:
Has anyone (any realm) been experiencing LD's/Crash to desktop today (saturday) in mid frontiers ?

It's been happening to me all day (over 20 times now) from as soon as I logged on but only in the frontiers. All my accounts and a LOT of ppl in groups or bg's were crashing out to the desktop with no apparent reason and a lot of the time we were crashing out all within about 5-10 seconds of each other. Relog and then it seemed to randomly happen again within 2-15 minutes. Everything seemed fine last night.

We went on a darkspire raid tonight and that was fine - np at all in any of the mid non-frontier zones but straight after that I went to the frontier and it started again. It seems like a server problem for so many clients from all round europe all having the EXACT same problem :(

Someone suggested runnign the ToA client instead of the Catacombs client and this seemed to lessen the crashes a lot.

Anybody else noticed this or have any ideas?

had the same in all frontier zones but in mid it happened alot more

btw was only NF for me as soon as i entered some other area everything was fine, no crashes at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom