market explorer

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
There must be something wrong in the way i use the market explorer of 1.64/1.65.

Whatever "keyword" i use i am able to see only weapons or nothing.

Weird, only MP weapons even if I set the quality range correctly.

Anyone can plz help me with the correct keywords.
No "scale" or "boots" or "arcanite" gave me back any results.

TY

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds stupid but did you set the right slot - i.e. feet for boots?

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Sounds stupid but did you set the right slot

yes, tried both the right slot and the any slot option..... nothing :mad:

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
REALLY noob question, but how do you use the market explorer?

Vae

Resident Freddy
The market explorer is effectively a search engine. It will narrow your search by each criteria you set e.g. I searched for "exceptional arcanium longsword" and set the minimum quality to 99% so it returned me all the exceptional arcanium longswords of 99% and 100% in the order that they are on the houses. Just make sure that you only set the criteria you want to narrow the search by.

Note that although you can select the slot e.g. weapon you can't tell it to search for a slash weapon (although you can tell it to search for a weapon with +slash).

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
OK, it wasn't quite that n00b a question - what I meant was what do you use to bring the market explorer up? Is it a slash command or what?

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Market Explorer is an NPC in the main market zone of each housing zone.

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Is working correctly today.... so probably just a bug or something

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Tholus said:
Market Explorer is an NPC in the main market zone of each housing zone.

Tere's also one just inside the entrance to the housing zones.

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
Actually when I first used the market explorer I was only getting weapons back.... the reason was because at the bottom of the window is an option that says summat like 'visual effects' I had selected this not realising what it was. This is in fact (obviously) only to show glowies (items with visual graphic effects), which mostly means weapons.

So make sure that it is de-selected unless you are looking for a glowie of course. ;)

AnimeOtaku

Fledgling Freddie
Can i ask how frequently its updated? - i put new equipment onto my consig merchant in the morning but hasnt even appeared on the market search thing in the evening:(

Boogyman

Fledgling Freddie
AnimeOtaku said:
Can i ask how frequently its updated? - i put new equipment onto my consig merchant in the morning but hasnt even appeared on the market search thing in the evening:(

Did you /listmerchant at your CM ?

Chilly

Balls of steel
its SUPPOSED to be realtime (well, probably a few s for the change to propagate to the XML or whatever is used), so u put usmmat on ur CM and itl appear on the merchant within a second or two i suspect.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
its SUPPOSED to be realtime (well, probably a few s for the change to propagate to the XML or whatever is used), so u put usmmat on ur CM and itl appear on the merchant within a second or two i suspect.

Tested this with one char at CM and another at Explorer at the same time and it certianly worked in real time for us. But don't forget the /listmerchant command or you stuff won't appear at all.

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
ive used this twice and when i went looking for the iteam in never found them :'(

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
you need to "enter" the text before searching - ie (think I've got the colours right - if not, reverse 'em) the yellow text needs to turn white - then tell it to search...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom