Mario Xcom

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So Nintendo asked Ubisoft to make a Mario game... Ubisoft then proceeded to literally rip off XCOM... (uses almost just a copy&paste battle system of XCOM)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So it has a cover system and is therefore a complete ripoff of XCOM's entire battle system?

ooooooooookeeey.......

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So it has a cover system and is therefore a complete ripoff of XCOM's entire battle system?

ooooooooookeeey.......

Cover system, same sort of ability system (Overwatch system, when an enemy moves you automatically attack them) it's literally a rip off - even down to you flanking them and doing more damage/higher accuracy.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

I'm totally serious - don't get me wrong, the game is pretty visually, but if you watch a gameplay trailer of it (that explains how combat works) the first thing you'll think is "That looks just like XCOM" then you'll start picking it apart and go "Hang on.. this is XCOM"

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I don't really see what the problem is, turn based combat existed before xcom, yeah it looks pretty cloney but if it gets more people into buying turn based games I'm all for it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't really see what the problem is, turn based combat existed before xcom, yeah it looks pretty cloney but if it gets more people into buying turn based games I'm all for it.

Oh I'm not disputing turn based combat was around before XCOM, this is more or less just a copy+paste, though of the more recent XCOM games.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Looks shit but might attract the kids to the genre...the more the merrier!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Oh I'm not disputing turn based combat was around before XCOM, this is more or less just a copy+paste, though of the more recent XCOM games.

It's not a copy&paste of xcom. It's a copy&paste of basically every turn based tactical squad RPGs ever since what, Dragon and Princess?

xcom is basically this genres version of early WoW, it does nothing other games haven't done before.

This is just another tactical squad RPG in a long LONG list of tactical squad RPG's before it..

In fact i don't think we can justify the use of "ripoffs" or "copy&paste" when it comes to games any more because no matter how hard you try you can't NOT copy or rip off at least a few hundred other games...

This game is similar to xcom simply because they are both turn based tactical squad RPG's.. If it wasn't it wouldn't fit in this genre...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom