Politics Margaret Hodge

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't literally hate you, except that I am in the same boat other than I am not my own boss and pay 33-52% tax on my earnings. (first tier 33, second tier 40 iirc and third tier 52)

I know ;)

It sucks balls man. In all sorts of ways. :(

Turamber

Part of the furniture
tax avoiding foreign corporation

It hasn't been proven that any of those corporations are doing anything wrong, an MP making a pronouncement does not make something factual. Tax avoidance is quite legal and proper, tax evasion is illegal. As usual you are spouting utter bollocks, just like the latest moronic thread you started. Really can be bothered less and less to post here, the few people with reasonable opinions are few and far between, whilst the trolls and idiots abound.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Really can be bothered less and less to post here, the few people with reasonable opinions are few and far between, whilst the trolls and idiots abound.

I agree - tax avoidance is very much legal. Moral is another debate, but legal, definitely.

But as for the rest of your post, Turamber - the problem isn't the other people - it's your intolerance of views that don't match yours.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It hasn't been proven that any of those corporations are doing anything wrong, an MP making a pronouncement does not make something factual. Tax avoidance is quite legal and proper, tax evasion is illegal. As usual you are spouting utter bollocks, just like the latest moronic thread you started. Really can be bothered less and less to post here, the few people with reasonable opinions are few and far between, whilst the trolls and idiots abound.

Learn the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion, then come back. You will notice I said the former.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I think the intention is that the law should be changed to make such schemes illegal.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Or we could just lower corporation tax in this country, removing the incentive to operate from elsewhere.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Aaaa ha ha ha ha....Hah, hahaha, ehee ha haa...and i thought my jokes were bad.

I'm not throwing my toys out the pram and whining "I'm thinking of leaving because I don't like the arguments", am I?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Or we could just lower corporation tax in this country, removing the incentive to operate from elsewhere.

Flat rate tax. Money earned in this country gets taxed in this country regardless of base.

Job done.

Oh, what's that? The rich won't stand for it?

Fuck 'em. They can either pay up or leave. I suspect they'll pay. If not it'd give other people a chance to fill the gaps.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Tom said:

Like Ireland? But ooh look, American companies still move money out of Ireland to Holland and then Bermuda or the Caymans to avoid paying Ireland's paltry 12% rate. Lowering corporate tax isn't the answer so long as there's a mechanism for the fuckers to avoid paying any tax at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom