Man the sirens

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
** snip **
Source: MyDigitalLife.info:

Windows 7 Ultimate has been cracked, and can be permanently activated with OEM style instant offline activation which will pass Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation, before even any Windows 7 is officially released according to Windows 7 release schedule. All hell breaks loose when a Windows 7 Ultimate OEM DVD ISO from Lenovo been leaked and posted on Chinese forum. The ISO was quickly grabbed to retrieve boot.wim, which was then used to retrieve the OEM-SLP product key and OEM certificate for Windows 7 Ultimate.

Microsoft has updated the the SLP (system-Locked Preinstallation), a procedure that used to preactivate Windows operating system for mass distribution by major OEM (original equipment manufacturers), to version 2.1 to support Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 while provided backward-compatibility for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 activation. Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 OEM activation is provided by SLP 2.0. SLP 2.1 requires SLIC imprinted in BIOS to be updated to SLIC version 2.1 too, which contains new Windows Marker.

After extracting the OEM certificate and OEM product key, it’s confirmed that Windows 7 uses the same digitally signed OEM certificate (in .xrm-ms extension) that is been used in Windows Vista. Windows Vista OEM cert can be used in Windows 7 has been explained in Windows 7 forum. As OEM certificate is digitally signed by Microsoft with its own Private Key with OEM Public Key and OEMID (part of SLIC table in BIOS). The combination of correct Private Key, Public Key with OEMID will pass SLP validation as valid Microsoft license. Meanwhile, Windows Marker is signed by OEM itself based on OEMID and OEMTableID (both belongs to SLIC) using the private key that matches the public key. Thus, the same OEM cert can be used for many different SLICs, as long as OEMID remains the same, as in the case of SLP 2.0 and SLP 2.1, although Windows Marker has changed due to different OEMTableID.

The trick is to have BIOS modded to include the SLIC 2.1. The SLIC 2.1 can be modded into BIOS physically (hardmod or biosmod) or been emulated or simulated during Windows boots up (softmod). Various SLIC 2.1 BIN has been retrieved from various notebook computer that shipped with new SLIC 2.1 in BIOS to support the free Windows 7 Upgrade Option from Windows Vista. The information can be used to mod the BIOS. If you’re not technically know-how, it’s possible to request for BIOS mod assistant, or wait for Windows 7 Loader or WoW7.

Last but not least (which makes no activation crack works properly so far) is OEM-SLP product key for Windows 7. So far no OEM-SLP product key required to activate Windows 7 as OEM offline instant activation been leaked yet as no machine has been officially ship in Windows 7 by OEM, until now.

The extracted Windows 7 Ultimate OEM-SLP product key, xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx, can be used to activate installed Windows 7 Ultimate system, which BIOS has a valid OEM SLIC 2.1, and corresponding OEM cert, even if it’s OEM cert meant for Windows Vista. Best news
is that, the product key appears to be a master OEM-SLP product key for Windows 7 Ultimate, which able to activate many OEM brands, such as HP, Dell, MSI and Lenovo. Checkout the discussion at Windows 7 forums.

** snip **

mods, if it's not kosher to post this kind of news, please take it down, and accept my apologies.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
rofflé. everything can be cracked. it's just a question of wanting to either put the effort in, or to maintain the effort after you've done it.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Never takes folks long once they get their hands on the original code.
Shame really, those talents would be far better suited elsewhere, but each to their own.

Personally, hardly think it's worth it - the preorder prices have made it a very worthwhile option and with ever growing hardware support on top of the excellent current support list the full price won't be far off worthwhile either IMO.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Personally, hardly think it's worth it - the preorder prices have made it a very worthwhile option and with ever growing hardware support on top of the excellent current support list the full price won't be far off worthwhile either IMO.

Yup, at one point this would have been great new to me but I can afford a proper windows license now and the pre-order price is very attractive indeed.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
windows-upgrade-chart.png

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Crikey indeed. So the pre-order prices weren't much special at all - that's just what they'll end up costing, if that article is to be believed.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
is that because it's without the builtin browser? oh wait, that's Eurostate :/

Kryten

Old Cow.
If prices stay that way, and of course other suppliers match it, we will have the biggest sales figures for an OS this side of anything. I particularly believe Win7 is worth the full asking retail price - £65 is a complete steal IMO.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I think MS are trying to get a large market share before Google launch their OS. Also it seems they have realised that people will actually pay for software if it is fairly priced.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Microsoft has actually scrapped the E version (the one without IE) of Windows 7.
You'll get a "ballot" screen now with the option to disable IE and install another browser and make it the default surfing app...

Embattle

FH is my second home
I think MS are trying to get a large market share before Google launch their OS. Also it seems they have realised that people will actually pay for software if it is fairly priced.

People keep commenting on the Google OS but sorry I don't see it making a massive dent in Windows.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Wow, thats a great price. I might actually see myself buying this now :O

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Looks like they've fucked up the pricing - it's going up to what we should've expected in the first place.

Seriously though, they've gone from great pricing which would've been compelling for anyone to upgrade to, now they're just typical rip-off prices. £150 for Home Premium full version? Do they think they're selling a cure for cancer or something?!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not bothered, pre-ordered, M$'s problem.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
MSDN ftw, got my legit copy of windows 7 pro downloading atm :D

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
So it looks like I've got a day left to decide whether to pre order this now.

I'm looking to build a new PC, but probably not till gone Christmas at the rate my money's disappearing at the moment. Do I pre order this now? I don't want the upgrade version but what about the OEM, might that be a similar price to the current pre order?

Have to decide soon.

RB

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
This is the full version rubber, buy it now, it will be £150ish on release.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
rofflé. everything can be cracked. it's just a question of wanting to either put the effort in, or to maintain the effort after you've done it.

and the last part of that is whats not making it worth the time. microsoft just grabs the latest pirate copy, check what they did and then take 5 minutes to make a fix for it. then the hacker has to spend days/weeks figuring out a new hack and then microsoft does it all over again with a fast hotfix.

using pirated OS's is just not feasable anymore unless you plan to use it offline so the OS cant download these fixes.

in XP/early vista you could opt not to install it by just untagging it in the list, but now you can't. you WILL install those fixes because you cant choose not to.

but sure, windows will probably keep being hackable as long as theres a physical disc that you can install from and modify. but as far as the overall war goes the hackers are losing it, slowly but surely.

and as much as its gonna hurt my wallet i'm sure as hell gonna buy win7 when it release proper. because using a pirate copy will be more trouble then its worth.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
and the last part of that is whats not making it worth the time. microsoft just grabs the latest pirate copy, check what they did and then take 5 minutes to make a fix for it. then the hacker has to spend days/weeks figuring out a new hack and then microsoft does it all over again with a fast hotfix.

using pirated OS's is just not feasable anymore unless you plan to use it offline so the OS cant download these fixes.

in XP/early vista you could opt not to install it by just untagging it in the list, but now you can't. you WILL install those fixes because you cant choose not to.

but sure, windows will probably keep being hackable as long as theres a physical disc that you can install from and modify. but as far as the overall war goes the hackers are losing it, slowly but surely.

and as much as its gonna hurt my wallet i'm sure as hell gonna buy win7 when it release proper. because using a pirate copy will be more trouble then its worth.

I'm sorry, what?? You can update xp and vista and use them online, what exactly are you basing all your comments on? As for choosing not to install updates, you can choose to install whichever fixes and updates you want to. None of your points are valid, or true. I bet every user on this forum could name at least two people who do not use a genuine copy of windows.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have never used a legit copy of Windows. Nothing I am proud of its just the way it is :) Most of the people I know who have a self built system use a pirate copy of windows too.

Got Win 7 on pre-order though.

Tilda

I'm running Win7 now from MSDN and it really is quite nice. Not vastly different from vista, but its generally better, faster, and in the areas it does differ a lot from vista, it does it a lot better.

Currently loving it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah I have a copy but I can't really be arsed to install it now and again in a month or so. Getting a few hardware upgrades around the launch date too. Going for a full fresh install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom