Books Malazan: The Crippled God - final book, potential spoilers!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
no no no, silly Uara. Stonewielder is a MUST first.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
so its the first 9, then Stonewielder then The Crippled God?

Any other back story scattered around anywhere else?

Uara

Part of the furniture
There's Night of Knives and Return of the Crimson Guard which should be read as they flesh out some of the stuff that is only mentioned briefly in the main malazan books.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yep all three Easlemont books are a must. They build some backstory around the events in Stonewielder, and that of events in the greater Empire.

I'm ashamed of the lot of you for not having read them already. SHAME!

Uara

Part of the furniture
Right Stonewielder finished....enjoyable stuff although did leave some questions after it was finished!! Time to crack on with TCG!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
questions will be answered, it will all make sense after the crippled god :D

Uara

Part of the furniture
Just completed it. It is suitably epic although he's done the annoying thing of making me want more. He's left enough unanswered questions to make me wonder if he's going to do more books in the universe.... or possibly work further with esslemont on some.
i.e. Karsa (now that he killed Fener), Cotillion/Shadowthrone v Mallick Rel, heck I'd want some stories on the adventure of that jaghut army, did Stormy and Gesler ascend on death etc
Oh and I assume the eleint that have been bound to Ruin's sword are the ones that Cotillion released to join Tulas and Ruin in their storm

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Shouldnt be reading this thread, been keepin my eyes closed...

Im on book 4 of the Malazan empire... when should I read the return of the grimson guard and other eslemont books?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
i.e. Karsa (now that he killed Fener), Cotillion/Shadowthrone v Mallick Rel, heck I'd want some stories on the adventure of that jaghut army, did Stormy and Gesler ascend on death etc
Oh and I assume the eleint that have been bound to Ruin's sword are the ones that Cotillion released to join Tulas and Ruin in their storm

Yes, those are the same dragons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom