Books Malazan: The Crippled God - final book, potential spoilers!

taB

Part of the furniture
Fuckadoodle, missed that. Ordered now. Cheers Ch3t.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I am incredibly dissapoint that you all did not have this on pre-order for the last year. :( :(

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i have moved house 4 times in 2 countries in the last year have not pre-ordered anything in ages :(

might run to bookshop today after work to see if they have it, doubt it though they are usually a few weeks behind with English Language fiction here in Finland! :)

taB

Part of the furniture
I am incredibly dissapoint that you all did not have this on pre-order for the last year. :( :(

Well, due to a certain Mr Martin I feel it is better to try and not anticipate these things too much and it be a pleasant surprise when it crops up :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
*GEEKGASM*

It's here!!!!

\o/

\o/

\o/

Attachments

• malazanfinal.jpg
    malazanfinal.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 6

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Chetan, if by any chance i happen to read even a single word from the book before i get it, Im gonna hunt you down no matter where you hide!! :twak::twak::twak::twak:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You have't read the first ten pages link I posted from the Tor website?

Bad Vasc, bad!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh and, I recommend everyone reads a summary of the last 9 books before starting this one. I've already had to check bits out, and I'm only on the 2nd chapter.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I hope everyone has read Return of the Crimson Guard before reading this :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I hope everyone has read Return of the Crimson Guard before reading this :D

So so true, the events in the Crimson Guard relate directly to this book. While you could read this without it, you'd gain far more insight if you read it first.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Will you fuckers please hurry up? I'm trying to read slow so that I finish around the same time and can actually talk about it.

taB

Part of the furniture
On page 7. Haven't read Crimson Guard though - may need to back track!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes do; the previous Easlemont books answered a lot of questions about the past, and the invasions only mentioned in passing in the books of the fallen. This one come's bang up to date and involves characters from Erikksons books, it's time-line -without giving too much away; runs parallel to events in books 9 and 10 of the fallen.

taB

Part of the furniture
Yes do; the previous Easlemont books answered a lot of questions about the past, and the invasions only mentioned in passing in the books of the fallen. This one come's bang up to date and involves characters from Erikksons books, it's time-line -without giving too much away; runs parallel to events in books 9 and 10 of the fallen.

Hmm haven't read any of Esslemont yet. Will order all three then. The first Amazon review of Stonewielder recommends reading that prior to Crippled God as well.

Bugger :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh damn - I've just confused return of the crimson guard with stonewielder!

Damn! Yes, read them all. They all tie in, good stories too. Stonewielder is the one that parallels the events in books 9 and 10. my bad.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Oh damn - I've just confused return of the crimson guard with stonewielder!

Damn! Yes, read them all. They all tie in, good stories too. Stonewielder is the one that parallels the events in books 9 and 10. my bad.

Stoneweilder narrates the events after Whiskeyjack fall and his role in the pantheon of gods??

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No.... Stoneweilder tells the story of the events on Korel and the Empire's involvement. It's to do with Greymane and the god that rules over Korel.

It's really hard to go into it without ruining things.

It's the events after the fall of the Empress and the rise of that Jhistal wanker to Emperor....

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Finished it a few days ago, and I forgot about this thread.

I want more malazan books! Solid ending to the series, I have a few questions though when others are done...

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
It got here this morning, waiting for me to finish "Return of the crimson guard" first.

My precious.

PS: ch3t I kill you if you spoil me any bit!!! :twak:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You'll have to read "stonewielder" before you start it too.

taB

Part of the furniture
I've sacked off Crippled God for now.

Since my last post have got 90% through Gardens of the Moon.

Only a few more words to go...

Uara

Part of the furniture
currently re-reading the series...on Toll the hounds atm. will need to read that and Dust of Dreams and Stonewielder (thinking of re-reading Crimson Guard) before I do The Crippled God.

Uara

Part of the furniture
I've just started Crippled God (and by just started im 235 pages in :p) i kind of finished book number 9 and didn't want to lose my train by reading stonewielder...going to read it after 10 and then potentially read number 10 again if i feel i'll have more insight after that! So far so good....
I didn't see Tavore's plan for the bonehunters coming->sacrificing them to allow the other armies to free TCG....unless thats a ruse as well but shhh. Also im hoping more of Quick Ben soon after that very short section involving him

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom