Major connectivity problems for all players

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by censi
1) do I work with computers?? Yes, I am in system implemenations and support. I work for a large global Financial Market Information provider (no names but Its a large company everyone knows)

Hehe - bet its the big fat Reuters company - about to announce losses for the first half and a share price which has dribbled it's way south from 11 quid at the start of 2001 to about 3 quid now... you may be a contributing factor, I'd say :m00:

(edit: http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?T=quote/marketsquote99_news.ht&s=APT04axUoUmV1dGVy )

[I know my way around most operating systems (UNIX, VMS, TANDEM, Windows etc etc) I program. And I know enough about networking to get by.

Im pretty confident I know a damn sight more them than you do, but thats not important...

You know enough to 'get by' and that implies that you know a 'damn sight more' than someone else? Arsehead.

I know a 'reasonable amount' about networking too, and I also know how to run pingplotter during every session. From this I can see where my ISP is changing routes as opposed to a problem at Wanadoo (... and I know which is more frequent at the moment) ... why don't you go and read up a bit and start doing the same, then come back here and say its all GOA's fault then?

I dont expect the world, but the bare minimum would be nice....
(and everyone I speak to in game seems to share this opinion)

That doesn't amaze me, tbh, as if I was in your realm and server I'd probably have you on an ignore list too.....

O

old.MacKewl

I ain't no tech head but at least i would have like a little better explaniation as 2 the nature of the fault and wot they R doing 2 prevent it from reoccuring again. :D

It is getting a little tiring and can be anoying... but all part of the joys of Multiplayer games.. :p

C

censi

Low blow, one point deducted from Jupitus.....

I rarely play the game now... so i dont really care anymore...

I think DAOC will only really hold the average gamer for a few months anyway... there just isnt enough to do. Pity my few months was ridden with Lag and waiting for patches but who cares.

L

lamus

I dont give a flying fuck if its ISP related.
What I do give a feck about is GOA's complete lack of communcating that there is a major problem with the game.

They should be running around like lunatics and on the phone to their ISP or switching over to a backup ISP or whatever it takes to get the service back to its customer base. But instead you can gureentee their night shift guy is fast a sleep or wanking in the broom closet again.

The point is the game is fucked for over 10,000 players and there is nothing to keep us informed of the status of the problem.

I think they are all on some pretty hardcore drugs over there.

They must have known about the status of their ISP, we have had this problem for days now.

If I see anyone french tommorrow I am gonna twat them I swear.

Im absolutly shocked at their attitude to their customers. All I can say what a bunch of lazy fucking amateurs. I am so close to cancelling.. or going to a US server, I know they dont have to put up with this shit. (and wouldnt put up with it to)

Censi, your quight funny.... argh........ Respect!

:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread