Majestic Will

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
Can someone copy and paste? cant view Cam herald at work due to firewalls :(

Aussie

Banned
Majestic Will
Posted By: Sanya Thomas 2004-02-24 18:29:55

As you know, the documentation for the Majestic Will realm ability says that it gives the user a bonus to hit – 5% per level, and up to three levels. So, technically, at its best, Majestic Will should have been granting a bonus of 15%.

Players who have been blowing away epic monsters, however, know that the actual granted bonus is much higher. We’ve always tracked how often the epic monsters and dragons die, and the rate is fast increasing. So, we need to make Majestic Will reflect its listed documentation immediately. We’re about to start running a hot fix to do so – so keep that in mind as you head out for raids tonight. Also, since we have some idea as to the impact of this, we decided to also run a hot fix to change the ability’s timer – the corrected Majestic Will has had its timer reduced from 30 minutes to ten minutes.

Now, just FYI – this is not the last you’re going to hear on this topic. Later this week, we are planning to do the following:

- The Aug Acuity III pre-requisite for Majestic Will will be removed.
- Majestic Will will be changed to have 5 levels instead of 3.
- Cost per level will be: Level I – 1 point, Level II – 3 points, Level III – 6 points, Level IV – 10 points, Level V – 14 points.
- All costs and bonuses are cumulative; meaning that Majestic Will V will cost 34 realm ability points and give a 25% bonus against spell resists.

We will also be refunding the cost of Majestic Will at the same time as the other changes. The changes we’re putting up tonight will stay in place. Finally, please note that we’re still discussing our plans for later in the week, and your feedback to the class balance folder is welcome.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aussie said:
surprise? lol

same liek they did with DF Worm. EU got hotfix 3hours after US.

Worm was bug abuse, Mythic have know all about MW for months and only acted now that epic mobs are being mass farmed by small groups. You can't tell me that it is bugged and no one noticed for almost 18 months :) It is working as intended, just Mythic are so sloppy that they never realised the implications.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Its really annoying, the US have it for months. Europe catch up on this little number, and before you know we are looking down the face of a timer.

Aussie

Banned
as expected, its nerfed.

no refund of points
no 5 lvls
no lower cost of the RA

owned by goa.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Has Europe been using it for months though? As Sanya said, the past week it saw a rapid increase in epic farming. This could lead to the destruction of the economy.

edit: but of course you should be given the points back and it should be turned into a 5 step RA.

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
Truth is, we've always been fast to catch on here to stuff like this. You could already see the way things would have been going if they hadn't hot fixed it here pretty fast. Good job on that side of things, but hope they refund the points quickly too.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
i wish my minstrel had mw3, i could control level 100 pets then with ease

QQ
; ;
; ;

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Morchaoron said:
i wish my minstrel had mw3, i could control level 100 pets then with ease

QQ
; ;
; ;

Well MW never had any effect on pulsing charm, tho' who knows after they 'fix' it.

The unlike other epic mobs the Glacier Giant is flagged charmable for some strange reason, so this is easy enough to test :).

Also, I wish Mythic would give a definition of what MW does that makes some sense, instead of all this 15-25% bonus against spell resists bullshit. It clearly does nothing of the sort, but somehow modifies ur lvl versus the mobs lvl for BOTH chance of resists AND damage.

Mael, 50th ment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom