Mage groups dont work?

K

Kallio

Everyone on these boards(and ingame) is saying that mage groups dont work, tanks are the only way to go, you win with det etc. etc.

WOuld someone want to explain me why?

Yesterday in odins some albs and hibs met our group with 3 Rms.
I think they cried NErf in their groupchat. Darkcarver debuffing cold for 50% and a dark RM nuking with his level 47 spec nuke marked hits for over 1000damage critted, normal debuffed damage being near 700. When you add that the darkcarver also nukes for ~500 + the one more RM assisting... How is this gimped exactly?

A

Arnor

problem i'd guess is the times you dont get the jump.

F

froler-mid

mage group rocks vs random brehon mid/hib groups.

1 AE insta lul and your interupted for a good 10 sec....yeyeyey :m00:

its dark age of tankalot.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by froler-mid
1 AE insta lul and your interupted for a good 10 sec....yeyeyey :m00:
The good thing about amnesia is that it only stops casting, it does not interrupt. So your current spell will be wiped, but spam the key and the next one will go off.

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by Belomar
The good thing about amnesia is that it only stops casting, it does not interrupt. So your current spell will be wiped, but spam the key and the next one will go off.

i mean any insta lul, str/con debuffs. mezz, or wtever.....

T

tildson

Looks good on the paper it sure does :)

But, its so easy to interupt casters :/ And only chance u got is if u gets the jump on your opponent. But vs SoS/GP/Baod you are literally fygged.

G

Garbannoch Nox

yeah right - guess that's why every mid group i meet has 3 RMs and not 3 tanks... :rolleyes:

K

Kallio

This group might be a bit less effective, but sure as hell it was more fun than any tank group :)

L

lofff

i once had a turtle but it died and i forgot its name

K

kirennia

caster groups as mid/alb aren't very good because if you meet a hib group with an enchanter (as rare as that is ;)) and they cast BAoD, you will hit for about 50 damage per nuke for the next 30 seconds.

Ooh, 50% debuff, i guess you would still do decent damage, about the same as a tank with 23k hp's and uninterupttabel, though granted they have no range, the 1500 range difference between a tank and a caster only takes about 3 seconds to walk.

If they get the jump on you, you are dead, no 2 ways about it

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Don't forget those darling pets hibby chanters have that interrupt at range too!

A

AbPoon

Originally posted by kirennia

Ooh, 50% debuff, i guess you would still do decent damage, about the same as a tank with 23k hp's and uninterupttabel,

Thats one stlong tank

A

AbPoon

Havent you heard? the low RR zerkers say they cant even kill grey conns anymore so i r velly much not stlong

H

hercules-df

8 vp wizzies !!! :D running back and forth from atk- grannys every 15 mins to wipeout mid zerg :)

P

poppamies

ae mezz the caster grp and they cant do shit for about 60 sec, thats the real problem with caster grps.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by poppamies
ae mezz the caster grp and they cant do shit for about 60 sec, thats the real problem with caster grps.

indeed and the only reason caster grps still work for hib is... gp.

P

Puppetmistress

Caster groups works 'fine' against noobs and if you face greater numbers (if its PBAoE).

Had few runs with 3 chanters and 1 eldritch (bard, S/S hero, 2x druids), made around 18k RP in 2 hours on Prydwen.

Every time you meet a Mid-tankgroup what knows what it's doing you die. Meet total noobs and you kill them in 10 seconds.

Castergroups depend heavily on the jump and the initial CC.

And debuff and nuke for cap is hardly 'working as intended' I think but can work great against noobs. Abit better groups spam AoE interrupts on your precious clothwearers and take em down before you can do anything.

About BAOD. Well.... I think alot of enchanters will only get it at higher RR after MOC because BAOD is not that great against tank-groups. Helps also against CC but then you need to fire it before the CC = you got the jump on them etc etc.

S

StormriderX

Well played tank group will hand a well played mage group their asses anyday of the week.

T

tildson

A mage-group would work if the interupt-system was working diffirently.

K

Kallio

So basically, the conclusions:

1) Tank groups work better cause they arent dependant on CC, read they can loose CC and still win

2) caster groups are great agaisnt unskilled players but against experienced players they dont work

the msot important one:

3)When you play in a mage group you have much mroe fun than in any tank group.

what should be done to fix casters? ideas? and please spare the "GIV 5sectimer PURGE TO ALL CASTERS!" to Vnboards

discuss.

P

parzi

imo giv all casters 5sec timer purge !

hehe ^^

no ok, well first fix the freaking resist system, dimishing returns with high resistance, fix interupting things, and then give them some big focus-af-selfshield baseline spell or something that they can cast to avoid being oneshotted by assist teams (they cant cast any other spells, like focus shield for pets ;D)

well that would be enough imo at least for my casters, rm and ench, maybe some other classes need more help

A

ab_fluid

give casters perma moc, tanks get perma hit so :)

S

StormriderX

Tanks have more hp

Tanks can attack regardless of whether someone is looking 'funny' at them or not.

Tanks don't have to deal with a blade of grass blocking their view of their target and getting a "target out of view" message.

Tanks get det - getting jumped isnt as bad.

Tanks wear armor better than paper.

Tanks do damage without the need for someone to debuff.

Tanks don't have to wait every 30mins to attack for 15seconds in which they can be further stunned/mezzed/lulled ;)

Tanks don't face 50%+ resists to their damage - well not unless they are facing a savage/bof ;)

In short - casters got screwed royally by mythic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom