Mage group

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
What would you Albs say is the most opted alb mage setup for RvR atm?

I played Hib/Pryd (long time ago now) and Camlann but were a gang of old game friends that plan on maybe starting a Alb group and any input on the "best" mage setup would be appreciated.

As i see it
2 clerics
1 pally (ML8)
1 merc (ML8)
1 mind sorc

is fixed. rest is 3 mages and that is where the discussion in our group starts. :)
Can see many combinations with their + and - when it comes to 2ndary cc and interrupting and pure damage and neeeeed input from Alb players.

Sincerely
Nedo

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
2x Cleric
2x Sorcs(Mind and Body)
2x Cabalist
1x Paladin
1x Minstrel

imo

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
2x Cleric
2x Sorcs(Mind and Body)
2x Cabalist
1x Paladin
1x Minstrel

imo

yep.. this is nice... also you could concider having another caba instead of the mini... as you now got 2 sorcs for doing the mezz/demezz things also there's nothing else than the speed the minstrel gives...
ofc with this it be best if all chars have very high ML lines and if poss all the way to 10 as ML's now affect RvR very much...

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Friar 47 enhnace
Pally 50 Shield
Cleric 40 Enhance rst rejuve
Cleric Rejuve Cleric
Soc Mind/Body
Soc Body/Mind
Cabby Spirit/Body
Cabby Spirit/Body or Matter/Body (Spirit for second Debuf Matter for Nearsight and Aoe Dot)

Set up gives you 4 Damage Dealers, fully buffed (Friar bases Cleric Spec), Good resist buffs and 2 BG's

Bleam

Fledgling Freddie
Pala signing up if you are concidering the other grp setup

Scunner

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
Friar 47 enhnace
Pally 50 Shield
Cleric 40 Enhance rst rejuve
Cleric Rejuve Cleric
Soc Mind/Body
Soc Body/Mind
Cabby Spirit/Body
Cabby Spirit/Body or Matter/Body (Spirit for second Debuf Matter for Nearsight and Aoe Dot)

Set up gives you 4 Damage Dealers, fully buffed (Friar bases Cleric Spec), Good resist buffs and 2 BG's

cabbies are nice but with no pbae in a mage group you have very little defense should it go wrong.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Want 1 bg with det at least thats main reason I consider 5 spots fixed.

2 theurgs (air/earth air/ice) + 1 spirit cabby is not an option? Downside with that is no good 2ndary cc....

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
BG isn't that important really, since only randoms are running tank groups atm.. all opted groups are caster now..

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
K all opinions valuable, we prolly not playing on english servers cause no one wants to delete or make new accs but guess same setups all over euro servers atm.

So even all savage + healer groups have dissapeared and mids run mage setups only atm?

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
been considering if a banelord merc would be good tho, for dmg+interrupt

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
k but opted magewise?

1 mind sorc
3(4) damage dealers including debuffs.

What setup would you choose considering 2nd cc, interrupting, damage and overall util?

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Nedo said:
k but opted magewise?

1 mind sorc
3(4) damage dealers including debuffs.

What setup would you choose considering 2nd cc, interrupting, damage and overall util?

For fighting mids we found that 2 clerics, 1 mincer, 2 spirit cabbies, 1 body sorc, 1 mind sorc, 1 fire wizz worked perfectly fine against all we fought. For versus good hib groups we have yet to find something which I would expect to win more than 10% of the time..

We also ran as 2 clerics, 1 mincer, 1 spirit cabby, 1 body sorc, 1 mind sorc, 1 paladin (BM), 1 merc (BL) for a short while, and it proved pretty effective vs mids also, didn't get to try that out vs a good hib group tho.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
No matter what you run good hib caster fgs will give you a hard time, mids will be slightly fairer advantage, to be honest any mixture of casters in alb can do well if your mind sorc is good and the clerics.You assist well or target/debuff well you kill anything easily.

Just go with what you find most fun, only problem with you group you mentioned is the amount of pets will be a pain if a mentalist uses his/her special ra on you can't remember name of it.My wizard does pretty good damage and can be very nice with a good body sorc, bolts instant kill ressed casters which is nice sometimes vs hibs.

Nedo, are you nedowiz(or something like that) that used to be a champ if i remember? :p anyway have fun whatever you wish to use.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
For fighting mids we found that 2 clerics, 1 mincer, 2 spirit cabbies, 1 body sorc, 1 mind sorc, 1 fire wizz worked perfectly fine against all we fought. For versus good hib groups we have yet to find something which I would expect to win more than 10% of the time..

We also ran as 2 clerics, 1 mincer, 1 spirit cabby, 1 body sorc, 1 mind sorc, 1 paladin (BM), 1 merc (BL) for a short while, and it proved pretty effective vs mids also, didn't get to try that out vs a good hib group tho.

Why take Bane Lord Merc ?

If you want interupts why not take Battlemaster Reaver ?

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
Why take Bane Lord Merc ?

If you want interupts why not take Battlemaster Reaver ?

You obviously don't play a caster or haven't felt the effects of zone of unmana (banelord casting speed reduce), it slows casters attacks to a great enough extent that clerics can actually keep you alive if you get targetted.. reaver only interupts a small radius around him, but a banelord hits a very large radius with casting speed debuff and even if they then move away their casting speeds are still reduced, also merc has determination..

Finally: sycho only has a merc not a reaver and we didn't want to wait a few weeks for him to lvl a reaver to 50 do all the MLs, get toaed.. just to rvr :p

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
ML6 Banelord>>>>>>>>>>>>all master lvs for interupts.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
been considering if a banelord merc would be good tho, for dmg+interrupt
Worked very well when me, malev, grobo ran togeather in a random fl/pe/outcast group.

cabby dex/qui debuff along with zone of unmana from banelord totaly screws cast times over. often meaning 4+ second cast times on spells.

That and banelord is full of interupts to use vs casters means its gonna be hard work beating a group with a banelord tank if played well.

ohh and this is also a minor hint if you need a merc ;p you know where to look ;p

emma

Loyal Freddie
willowywicca said:
You obviously don't play a caster or haven't felt the effects of zone of unmana (banelord casting speed reduce), it slows casters attacks to a great enough extent that clerics can actually keep you alive if you get targetted.. reaver only interupts a small radius around him, but a banelord hits a very large radius with casting speed debuff and even if they then move away their casting speeds are still reduced, also merc has determination..

Finally: sycho only has a merc not a reaver and we didn't want to wait a few weeks for him to lvl a reaver to 50 do all the MLs, get toaed.. just to rvr :p
Zone of Unmana (along with all banelord ae spells) have a radius of 1000 units.

Zone of Unmana doesnt break mezz`s, it debuffs cast speed by 30-40%, that along with dex/qui debuffs from a cabby can mean pbae spells take around 4 seconds per cast.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Nedo, are you nedowiz(or something like that) that used to be a champ if i remember? :p anyway have fun whatever you wish to use.

That would be me yes. Not played that char since....erm......18 months?

Fun will be included for sure as group is mainly peeps I started Daoc with and some go back to D2 clan time :)

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:

I have played 50 Reaver and 50 Banelord Merc :p

Reaver Does the job far better....

2 insta ranged interupts (insta dot and life tap)

Pulse goes every 6 seconds abs debuff also does not break mez ;)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Garok said:
I have played 50 Reaver and 50 Banelord Merc :p

Reaver Does the job far better....

2 insta ranged interupts (insta dot and life tap)

Pulse goes every 6 seconds abs debuff also does not break mez ;)

Doubt it will if you had det 5...

They are good interupters though.

Like i said, any caster/tank fg mixed can be good...just going to be hard when facing good hib fgs due to GP which is removed in frontiers thank god xD

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
Doubt it will if you had det 5...

They are good interupters though.

Like i said, any caster/tank fg mixed can be good...just going to be hard when facing good hib fgs due to GP which is removed in frontiers thank god xD

Aye .. be interestng to see whats best in NF .. with Det nerf no GP etc ..

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for all input *scratches head and goes back to internal forum to keep spammin*

I want spirit cabby + 2 theurgs...guess im stoopid hehe.

flink

Fledgling Freddie
Post 1.69 I'd go ->

rej cleric
rej cleric
cleric buffshearer
cabby spirit/body
cabby spirit/body
sorc mind/body
sorc body/mind
sorc body/mind

Gives u 2 MA's + nice interupts. Only caster speed, but wouldnt worry too much about that.

/F

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
flink said:
Post 1.69 I'd go ->

rej cleric
rej cleric
cleric buffshearer
cabby spirit/body
cabby spirit/body
sorc mind/body
sorc body/mind
sorc body/mind

Gives u 2 MA's + nice interupts. Only caster speed, but wouldnt worry too much about that.

/F

Imo patches will change balance of game back and forth, to opt a pure heal + mage group is a bit dangerous if you want to keep it for several patches. So we going for pally + tank atm.

Plan atm is
2 clerics
1 pally
1 tank (merc/arsman/reaver)
1 mind sorc
1 spirit cabby
2 sorcs or 2 theurgs (not decided yet)

Gifv more input on pros and cons plz :)

We gonna do this on German server so help us kick some german Mids/Hibs ;)

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
After yesterdays rvr I must say I like hybrid groups more than caster groups. We ran in something like this:

Merc, banelord ml 10
Paladin, Battlemaster ml 2 or something ( Would have worked better with bg ofc but this worked fine )
Cabalist
Cabalist
Body Sorc
Mind Sorc
Cleric
Cleric

One cabalist is MA and the body sorc and the second caba assists. Merc runs solo playing with his banelord toys. If yo uget a friar he can run with the merc or just go on support / casters power draining, which is evul as you would know if you've played support / caster and met a warden. ;o

The only thing this groups lacks is a friar, replacing a cabalist with a friar might be a good idea, or the pally. A ml 9 battlemaster friar is very nice to have in the group, if you face a pure tank group with 2 bg'ers you can just bg 2 casters while they own the whole group. ;p I haven't seen a pure tank group for ages though :x

Haven't thought of any post 1.69 groups yet, but would go down to 1 caba + 1 body sorc assisting then I guess. So something like this:

Merc
Friar
Body sorc
Mind sorc
Cabalist
Cleric
Cleric
Cleric

The merc would have to bring end regen pots and only 2 casters who focus on nuking. Otherwise I'd say it's a rather nice group. :fluffle:

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
i think

1. body sorc
2. cleric
3. cleric
4. fire wiz
5. fire wiz
6. fire wiz
7. fire wiz
8. fire wiz

has the potential for alot of fun Bit pants if anyone decides to use a tank group but would be alot of fun for a few nites :flame:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom