mad lagg !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Eeben said:
can only agree :( You whould really not think a company running a mmorpg for so many years can be this incompetent. Sometimes you should really think goa was run by 12 year old kids :wanker:
I agree 100% If they cannot handle running a word wide operation like a mmo mythic should find somebody who can. Imho ask blizzard ^^

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Not getting much by way of lag today, but lots of LDs in the CO5 BG I'm in, myself included.

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
About the alleged problems with ATI cards in DAoC/Camelot city:

My main PC has 3.6 GHz Intel Pentium 4, 2 GB DDR RAM and an ATI Radeon X600 Pro. Had no problems with DR yet.

Second PC has AMD Athlon 3000+, 1 GB DDR RAM and an ATI Radeon 9600XT. No problems there either.

I might be just lucky though. :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
Oysterboy said:
My main PC has 3.6 GHz Intel Pentium 4, 2 GB DDR RAM and an ATI Radeon X600 Pro. Had no problems with DR yet.

I have the same spec but only 1gb or ram and i crash to desktop and have even had my pc restart a few times, Also my laptop with a ati gfx card is really having trouble in camelot.

T

Thotor

MaCaBr3 said:
I just have to ask this, if GOA knows for a fact that the problem isn't at their servers, why don't you switch ISP then? There seems to be allot of either maintenance or routing problems with OT. Wouldn't it be better to just start looking for a provider which guarantees a more reliable network infrastructure?
like i said. OT belong to FT and GoA belong to FT too. They don't have the choice.
If they changed, it would cost a lot more and the subscription fee would increase. I don't think everyone is ready to pay more and it doesn't affect everyone

E

Efour

It is evident that no person can do a thing about the situation.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
For ati related FPS lag issues, there is a thread in the tech help section ;)

Dorimor1

Banned
I had bad lag for a couple of minutes then it was ok, but I was getting spikes of up to 10 seconds.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
iirc we were given free playtime because of the lag last time (despite it not being anything directly under the control of GOA but because it was affecting almost everyone)

perhaps the bumpage of the old thread was because we have the same issue now? everyone suffering from mad lagg recently(not 24/7 but often, sometimes it starts in the middle of rvr, or a raid etc), and even if its not goa's fault(well, they are the support crew so every problem IS their fault in my oppinion), we should get the same compensation now as well.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Righthandof said:
perhaps the bumpage of the old thread was because we have the same issue now? everyone suffering from mad lagg recently(not 24/7 but often, sometimes it starts in the middle of rvr, or a raid etc), and even if its not goa's fault(well, they are the support crew so every problem IS their fault in my oppinion), we should get the same compensation now as well.

the lag at the moment is nothing like the lag we had before.
It might be for people in denmark who get all 3 of the lag-inducing problems affecting them I suppose, but you can't really expect GOA to give out compensation for danish ISPs being as dodgy as opentransit ;)

My dishwasher broke down btw, I want compensation from GOA :p

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
the lag at the moment is nothing like the lag we had before.
It might be for people in denmark who get all 3 of the lag-inducing problems affecting them I suppose, but you can't really expect GOA to give out compensation for danish ISPs being as dodgy as opentransit ;)

i have bad laggs recently too from Hungary, and so do my irl friends who play daoc.

Flimgoblin said:

you dont pay 12(?) euros to goa every month just to keep your dishwasher fixed and working tho, do you?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

try rightnow and see what they say, you never know you might get credit for it :)

:m00:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Righthandof said:
you dont pay 12(?) euros to goa every month just to keep your dishwasher fixed and working tho, do you?

I don't pay 12 euros to goa every month to run the european backbone either. They run daoc servers - not the network infrastructure of western europe.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I don't pay 12 euros to goa every month to run the european backbone either. They run daoc servers - not the network infrastructure of western europe.

Sooooo pwned

But it's no use Flim give it up... I know I have long ago... people have chosen to be ignorant and all the reasoning in the world isn't going to change their minds.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Same again tonight it seems, everyone in grp ld'd, probably everyone in game. Not logging back in cba ;) Will do my bit and send pingplots to GoA but this is very old now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom