MacHEADS

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Anyone else watched it? documentary basically following people who bum macs, I found it a very depressing yet amusing watch.

Example of the docu: there is a girl who swears by macs, she has basically based her relationships on macs and even her sexual encounters, she will not sleep with windows users knowingly

At this point I just thought to myself "Oh you sad bastards, seek help" as I actually laughed a little in real life.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There are one or two FH users like that...but with other brands.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
LOL docu just got to this fat bloke wearing a kilt with a t-shirt that has a picture of Steve Jobs printed onto it and he has one of those belts where you can program a message into it with "Steve Jobs" basically whizzing across his belt over and over.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Normal "mac lovers" are fucking moronic anyway - but there's worse? I'm glad I missed it, I'd have been shouting obscenities at the screen constantly, before trotting off to the nearest gunsmith to find something to blow the stupid fuckers away with.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Bet its that TdC he's meant to be a proper weird one! :p

lies, although I used to be a fairly rabid Linux user 0o

PC components, MAC components, what have you, are all cobbled together from the cheapest standard bits of things that can be had from the big manufacturies. There is no difference between them; there is no "better" one. OSwise I'd say the same (these days) : both Apple and Microsoft have gone and attempted to hide what's really happening from the user. User has no administrator any more because reasons. Is this good? Maybe. I've never had a problem with the OS on my VAIO other than "uninstall" functions being a joke but that's prolly more due to programs not tidying up after themselves properly (and NOT TRUSTING THE USER, thus leaving things on disk/in registry to clog things up), but I do have issues with the hardware. Lookswise there is also no comparison these days: Mac's used to look splendid, fact, and there was no equivelent to be had anywhere else because their competitors all made laptops that looked like big black bricks. These days only Lenovo still travels the BBB route lol.

Kryten

Old Cow.
The less said about Apple's hardware and build quality, the better. It says it all when Zoostorm sell higher quality hardware....
The biggest difference is software based, and all systems have their uses. The big annoyance for me are the fucking idiots that swear by certain products blindly for whatever reason they see fit and then give every excuse under the sun why their product is superior to anything else on the planet.
The last bit of Apple hardware that wasn't built specifically to the task of failing was in the late 90s, although the only blight of the last PPC Macs was down to faulty components. But then again, that's Apple's fault for cheapskating on those very components. iAnythings aren't built to work in any sort of heat, nor to last, yet fuckmuppets are happy to chuck their wallets at any Apple store to raise their street cred*.

*Of course there's plenty of folks who quite rightly like the UI's and OS, as those are very personal tastes and they are particularly well laid out. Well, until "IOS"7 anyway. (IOS to me is still a Cisco name)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
First comment on that youtube made me laugh "Brilliant, a show about people too dumb to use a PC"

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Example of the docu: there is a girl who swears by macs, she has basically based her relationships on macs and even her sexual encounters, she will not sleep with windows users knowingly

At this point I just thought to myself "Oh you sad bastards, seek help" as I actually laughed a little in real life.

There's not much a find less attractive than someone being a blind mac fan boy like.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, we all have our passions. Just because it's a mac doesn't make them less worthy. Maybe they never just had a real PC, or were told that actual computers exist.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Im sure its very nice..but compatability and relearning issues mean Ill never buy a single thing Apple...though windoze8 did test me to the edge.
Think Ill wait for Nintendo to make an OS.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Lol :p my windows players music when mario dies when I shut it down... plays the coin box tune when I login.

leggy

Probably Scottish
The less said about Apple's hardware and build quality, the better. It says it all when Zoostorm sell higher quality hardware....
The biggest difference is software based, and all systems have their uses. The big annoyance for me are the fucking idiots that swear by certain products blindly for whatever reason they see fit and then give every excuse under the sun why their product is superior to anything else on the planet.
The last bit of Apple hardware that wasn't built specifically to the task of failing was in the late 90s, although the only blight of the last PPC Macs was down to faulty components. But then again, that's Apple's fault for cheapskating on those very components. iAnythings aren't built to work in any sort of heat, nor to last, yet fuckmuppets are happy to chuck their wallets at any Apple store to raise their street cred*.

*Of course there's plenty of folks who quite rightly like the UI's and OS, as those are very personal tastes and they are particularly well laid out. Well, until "IOS"7 anyway. (IOS to me is still a Cisco name)

You do realise that this stance is just as bad as theirs, right? It's basically the same as Christian Fundamentalists Vs Islamic Fundamentalists.

Hatred of the opposite point of view serves no purpose other than that of raising your blood pressure.

Take it easy Kryts :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
I fucking love my mac book pro 15" retina running windows 7. Works a fucking charm, got tonnes of grunt and I can do my big montecarlo sims and all the programming for my gambling/stats software :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Doesn't it give you an urge to shop at charity shops to be ironic or some shit?

Kryten

Old Cow.
You do realise that this stance is just as bad as theirs, right? It's basically the same as Christian Fundamentalists Vs Islamic Fundamentalists.

How so? My viewpoint is based on fact from a hardware point of view, and there's no need to explain my dislike of Apple's marketing techniques, a level of bullshit above and beyond the usual amount of bullshit legally allowable. I use Apple hardware daily, and I own an iPad3.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I think it's fair to say without Mac, Windoze would be fucking unbearable, you'd probably have to buy a driver to plug in a thumb drive and have it Microshite verified on license for 6 months

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I fucking love my mac book pro 15" retina running windows 7. Works a fucking charm, got tonnes of grunt and I can do my big montecarlo sims and all the programming for my gambling/stats software :D

I hope it turns into a transformer and bums you while your asleep :( bloody MacHEAD.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I bought it because there are no other laptops on the market (at the time) with a spec as high. I needed a fat cpu, a ton of ram and a big SSD and I didnt want to carry around a 6kg cunt. I'm not a machead, I'm a high end systems developer who has particular needs in a pc/laptop which very few manufacturers cater for. I have to build my own PCs because no one makes workstations decent enough for my work without charging thousands.

Kryten

Old Cow.
I shall also hasten to add (sorry Chilly for using you as an example) that I helped Chilly with that very decision. It's about what's available for requirements at that particular time. People like those in this documentary, people who run around after everything Apple just because of the name etc are all daft morons with an intelligence level lower than a worm's bollocks and a wallet fat enough to feed a small country (or borrowing the money to act like it, see point about intelligence)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's the same for other brands though, some spastics obsess over Sony or BMW too (for example!) You could put the brand name on a wet turd and they would grab it.

Some people just can't help falling for marketing. It's also pretty funny when they get an arse on if people criticise the product or brand, as if you had shit in their bed.

Last edited:

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
AvODadMCEAAOHJf.jpg

leggy

Probably Scottish

Kryten

Old Cow.
Put simply, I have a problem with people willing to be sheep (inability to think for themselves, inability to use reason and intelligence to judge their own requirements) and companies who take advantage of that.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Watched part of it, makes me ashamed of my past as a company fanboy for the likes of Microsoft or Creative etc, glad i'm not like that now. Tend to go with whoever I can get the most out of for my budget. My mate once said you are pretty much free advertising for them and they will not reward that, so what's the point in having loyalty to one company, because the more companies means better competition and better prices/services for the customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom