LWRP Record Broken By Zee French!

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Thats on the stupid CoOp server... Not the same :p

My max I think has been 250k on 1 char... Its BS about the adding part though, I dont see DH add on a lot of fights, neither do I see NP/JH add on a lot of fights, yet they still managed to get 500+ per week almost average...

But they must play more :rolleyes:

Taglim

One of Freddy's beloved
Eleasias said:
ZZZzzzzzZZzz its from Gaheris, the PvE server where you get RP from killing mobs or some shit.

ahh didnt know that :p nm me then :m00:

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
gwal said:
http://www.duskwave.com/daoc/characterrank.php?server=Excalibur&realm=&order=lastweek

wanna continue ur retarded whine?
listen more to eleasias - its not that often u get to farm ur way through fg after fg of epic wearing mids, or grps without healers, with 3 thanes, no speed, or hibs without a bard, or 2 mentalists a bm and a VW.

I see Gwalmar there with 315k rp. Nice job.
Care to comment on the rest of the top 20 players? 2 Albs in the top 20.
And just last week, or the week before that, or the weeks before that, it would maybe sometimes show Alpha when he played.
Regards, Glottis

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Glottis said:
I see Gwalmar there with 315k rp. Nice job.
Care to comment on the rest of the top 20 players? 2 Albs in the top 20.
And just last week, or the week before that, or the weeks before that, it would maybe sometimes show Alpha when he played.
Regards, Glottis
But out of the top100 there is 35%ish of Albs. The reason why there are less in the top20 is the lack of set alb groups running, with the excact same people every day.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
But out of the top100 there is 35%ish of Albs. The reason why there are less in the top20 is the lack of set alb groups running, with the excact same people every day.

Why do you assume that - worldwide - Albs don't run regular groups? I think it's a more likely explanation that the classes themselves are the issue than that all the people, worldwide, who ever roll Alb somehow have their "make set groups" ability removed. There's, what, 200,000 DAoC subscribers worldwide? With about 40% in Albion, that's 80,000 who mysteriously can't make regular groups on *any* server? That doesn't add up to me.

Yes, you can argue that because there's more people in Alb, there isn't the pressure to get into and maintain a regular group - and that was certainly true in the old days. But with DAoC now a fairly mature game, and most people having played it for quite a while, you're far more likely to play with friends in at least semi-regular groups than play with a bunch of randoms. More people playing over a long period makes it more likely they'll group with the same people (usually a core of guildies) than anything else.

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
It comes down to group setup as well, even random mid groups can do well if they have a few healers/savages and a shaman.
Albs need more classes to make a good group and if those classes aren't available (talking random groups) they move out anyway. Chances are mids/hibs might do the same if they lacked a warden or a aug healer, but its not gonna create a huge impact on how they perform.
Other main reason is more albs, less mids/hibs, some nights you can roam for 5 mins+ and only meet other alb fg's.
Finally the reason I never get much more than 100k a week is I just don't play enough, even when I was unemployed FC guild groups just didn't form until early evening giving only ~5 hours of rvr time per day.

Anyway its the fun factor that counts and not the rp, few albs in the top 20 lwrp does tell us something but there ain't much we can do about it, except farm more maybe :p

Aeicaan

One of Freddy's beloved
Hotrats said:
It comes down to group setup as well, even random mid groups can do well if they have a few healers/savages and a shaman.
Albs need more classes to make a good group and if those classes aren't available (talking random groups) they move out anyway.

who stick on the nearest fg, who stuck on their nearest fg who did the same, and there u go, a perfect alb zerg

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Aeicaan said:
who stick on the nearest fg, who stuck on their nearest fg who did the same, and there u go, a perfect alb zerg

Go strafe some more tbh :m00:

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Aeicaan said:
The fact that the majority of players zerg doesnt matter for the last week scores as the majority of the players arent in the top 100... The top 100 does contain gank groups in one way or another... The fact the higher ranks of this list are filled with more mids and hibs then albs means that the gank groups that albs do form (as albs do form them too, AD, FC, NO, etc) have a harder time to get the large amount of rps in a week...

The fact that alb excal has 7% more players (server wide) doesnt mean this is true for all servers (there are actually US servers where albs are the underdog)... So you cant use the Excal 'situation' as the way it is 'everywhere'...

With this in mind, and the large population base that these numbers came from (and number of servers), its clear that something makes albs earn less rps per week (group wise, not realm wise) then mids/hibs... This indeed as hotrats says doesnt translate into fun, I've been having fun the last few weeks in daoc even though I'm not very high in the top 100... But it does mean 'something' isnt totally balanced...

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:
The fact that the majority of players zerg doesnt matter for the last week scores as the majority of the players arent in the top 100... The top 100 does contain gank groups in one way or another... The fact the higher ranks of this list are filled with more mids and hibs then albs means that the gank groups that albs do form (as albs do form them too, AD, FC, NO, etc) have a harder time to get the large amount of rps in a week...

The fact that alb excal has 7% more players (server wide) doesnt mean this is true for all servers (there are actually US servers where albs are the underdog)... So you cant use the Excal 'situation' as the way it is 'everywhere'...

With this in mind, and the large population base that these numbers came from (and number of servers), its clear that something makes albs earn less rps per week (group wise, not realm wise) then mids/hibs... This indeed as hotrats says doesnt translate into fun, I've been having fun the last few weeks in daoc even though I'm not very high in the top 100... But it does mean 'something' isnt totally balanced...
there is nothing that stops alb from farming 500k/week except strong lack of epic thane fgs.

we actually met 2fg vaktens with thanes etc in odins yesterday, 4k rp in <1min. that has happened like 2-3 times since we started playing ;o

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:
(there are actually US servers where albs are the underdog)

are there any?
never seen /level 30 on alb for the whole history of that command

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
old.anubis said:
are there any?
never seen /level 30 on alb for the whole history of that command
alb/bors had /30 for a while

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
katt! said:
there is nothing that stops alb from farming 500k/week except strong lack of epic thane fgs.
Well according to the last week rps, there is most definitly something that stops albs from achieving so much per week... Perhaps the lack of epic wearing fg's... Even though we meet our share of 'those' in odin (mostly hibs then btw, mids dont seem to come so much to odin wearing epic)...

This however would suggest that the RPS (e.g. the 250-300k more then albs) are gotten purely from epic wearing albs... Thats a lot of rps to get from epic wearing albs though... On ALL servers that have players that regurlarly hit +500k per week...

Hey I'm no expert at this, I know I can only 'dream' of getting so much in 1 week, our average for 4-5 hours RvR is around 30k, which results 200-210k per week that I'm on atm... Sure we have our good nights with 60-80k on a day, but those are rare... And I guess for us it actually is lack of 'low rr enemies' (most fights are either 50-60 brehons or fg's of rr7+)...

And for alb standards thats pretty high (seeing most of the group are in the top 20 albs on duskwave)..

bult

Loyal Freddie
i dont think its impossible really. We usually play from around 18-19:00 to 23ish except on fridays when we usually play more 16-17:00 to 4ish and on these fridays we usually get around 70-80k or have gotten the last few fridays we have played. So IF we didnt have work etc i think it would be very possible. Altho the biggest reason albgrps get less RPs is probably the lack of gimp groups around for us to kill. Sure there is plenty of easy rps for us too but nothing like what mids/hibs can find. All the time when we run around we spot groups with no speed group with 0-1 cleric etc etc. These groups give really good rps :p since you can kill 3 at the same time without much hassle.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
and with ruune buffing, we lose ~20min each death ;o

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
I think it basically boils down to the fact that althought its totally stereotypical, alb got the majority of the "for arthur in my shiny epic clan" who aren't serious gamers and can't put the time into farming for SC/Perf grps etc. These grps are basically rp's on legs if 1-2fg, simple mezz, s/c debuff, and pbaoe routine, 4k rp's in <1min. Then these albs join the zerg, we go amg, we get zerged. We come back, we go to room/pbaoe albs at amg, get 5k+ rp's rinse, repeat a few times. RP's add up very fast like that, its boring, the zerg wajn is huge but its velly good rp's. Albs just simply don't have as many epic wearing enemies to fight and this leads to them getting less easy rp's :)

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
I think it basically boils down to the fact that althought its totally stereotypical, alb got the majority of the "for arthur in my shiny epic clan" who aren't serious gamers and can't put the time into farming for SC/Perf grps etc.

There's two problems with that view. The first is that, as you say, it's stereotypical, and therefore probably not true. :)

But the second is that these are the top 100 rp earners worldwide, which means these are the best Alb players around - which suggests that they're unlikely to be running around with less than optimal group set ups. These are epic wearing noobs, they're serious gamers. So you really need another explanations :)

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Heh, didnt he just say the explanation is that they dont have as many epic wearing noobs to farm on GRRR cant you read? X_X_X_X

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
Heh, didnt he just say the explanation is that they dont have as many epic wearing noobs to farm on GRRR cant you read? X_X_X_X

I try not to :p

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
ad could easily do 400k a week if they put some time in it etc :p and less downtime on buffing ;D

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Gordonax said:
There's two problems with that view. The first is that, as you say, it's stereotypical, and therefore probably not true. :)

But the second is that these are the top 100 rp earners worldwide, which means these are the best Alb players around - which suggests that they're unlikely to be running around with less than optimal group set ups. These are epic wearing noobs, they're serious gamers. So you really need another explanations :)

read what i wrote tbh

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Sheesh, Glottis takes some of the best screenies on this server FYI, just 'cos he's an idiot doesn't mean you should pick on him.

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
Glottis said:
LOL.
Like Belomar stated...
Bit like the AD guild Mids/Hibs like praising so much. They can only hit 200k rp a week while a noob Mid rvr guild will get around 500k rp a week.
And even funnier that Mythic is taking away SoS and BoF (well, giving it to each realm is the same). Hopefully something in ToA will benefit Albs more than any other realm :(
Regards, Glottis

the reason we dont get much is because extremely high downtime.
We often start too late and finish too early. and bufftime in ad is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.
such slowcrew *looks at morsan*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom