lvl 49 bg fg fights!

prozze

Fledgling Freddie
anybody else then me thats intrested in this? the BG looks almost exactly as old emain :)

max lvl 49, 4L9 and ml5(?) which means:
- no banespike
- no lvl 50 lifetap
- no "uber" RAs
- no zephyr or phaseshift
- no ml9 pets

IMO this seems like the r0x, but if it gets popular it will be like a CS deathmatch with /rpoff when u ding 4L9

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
wasnt rr5 max? ;p
and dont think u have to do rpoff, u just wont get any more rp !

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
4L9 Max, loving it. Assassain will be fun in there with no remedies xD

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
- FoP shroom fields here we come!
- Sorcs will not run around in circles pressing ML9 trying to escape from 34 Brehon Zergers in SoM armor.
- When you get PA'ed by 6 SBs you know they are all 4L9.
- All BG's but Thidranki will die further.

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
in that vid with the vamp, he has rr5 ra, so i think u can be rr5? ;p
but hmm.. he fights some ppl who is higher then rr5 too though.. oh well dunno!'

might just be on testserver or something !

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
prozze said:
anybody else then me thats intrested in this? the BG looks almost exactly as old emain :)

max lvl 49, 4L9 and ml5(?) which means:
- no banespike
- no lvl 50 lifetap
- no "uber" RAs
- no zephyr or phaseshift
- no ml9 pets

IMO this seems like the r0x, but if it gets popular it will be like a CS deathmatch with /rpoff when u ding 4L9

banespike is nerfed and makes barely any difference at all?
no uber ras? in this bg u can get any ra except the rr5 ones
no fz or ps? how often do u see these in rvr now with their looong rut?
ml9 pets is a good point however

people can still have full toa templates in this bg mind

Lythande

Fledgling Freddie
Spamb0t said:
in that vid with the vamp, he has rr5 ra, so i think u can be rr5? ;p
but hmm.. he fights some ppl who is higher then rr5 too though.. oh well dunno!'

might just be on testserver or something !

You know it just might be! :)

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
prozze said:
- no lvl 50 lifetap

On the other hand some casters will get an advantage on level 49, spec casters with sub-level 50 nukes will rule the world :)

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Final goodbye to realm-spirit and aid from sub-50's :(

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
this might just be the best thing that has happened to daoc, atleast its the first time im sitting and thinking wow, what a nice idea, instead of what the fuck is the point in that :D.

though, i have a feeling that this bg will only be around and used for a month or so.. kinda like glastonbury and camlann, everyone will play their at first, and then get bored and go back to their "real" chars

kivik

Part of the furniture
Just fyi I'm ML9 with my lvl48 ranger, so yes, there will be ml9 sorcs.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
kivik said:
Just fyi I'm ML9 with my lvl48 ranger, so yes, there will be ml9 sorcs.

Then it means you wont be able to enter, cap is at ML5 so you'll get a message that you wont be able to enter etc.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Andrilyn said:
Then it means you wont be able to enter, cap is at ML5 so you'll get a message that you wont be able to enter etc.

Oh, didn't know there was a ML cap. NM what I said :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Tank groups will probably be FotM as ML1-5 BL tanks will still make casting impossible but only speedwarp is decent from ML1-5 convoker.
Also no BG so alot easier for tank trains and if people will have MoC3 it means they got near to no passive RA's to enhance their damage and should be no problem with Unmana anyway.

It'll be fun for a month tops then people will realise OF wasn't as good as they remembered (seeing as it's in the human nature to remember the good things more than the bad things) and then the only population in it will be the people that only play BGs anyway, atleast that's my prediction.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
such words of wisdom Andrilyn

I think it will just further fuck up this game ... take even more people away from main rvr... it will be ruled (read ruined) by zerging, fully buffed, fully templated people who focus on this bg and then call themselves king of it.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Pirkel said:
it will be ruled (read ruined) by zerging, fully buffed, fully templated people who focus on this bg and then call themselves king of it.

Such an oracle. But yes, it's true. That's exactly what is going to happen :)

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
i think its a nice idea tbh. alot ppl with only 1 accounts often get stuck at lvl 48-49. then why not giving them the chance for some RVR and get the spirit ? :D

Cool idea. but will die after a few months i think :>

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Andrilyn said:
It'll be fun for a month tops then people will realise OF wasn't as good as they remembered (seeing as it's in the human nature to remember the good things more than the bad things) and then the only population in it will be the people that only play BGs anyway, atleast that's my prediction.

WORD or whatever the kids say these days ... people whining for OF got boring a week after NF release. Was it honestly THAT GOOD. Hi 2 u mr Milegate--> ten times worse than any bridge because you HAD to go through it. Wish mythic would just try and fix the agramon lag instead of making this BG. We already have our "old emain style rvr place", people just dont use it.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:
I don't think the fact that it's old emain that's gonna put ppl off. I think it's cuz' that you ain't lvl 50 and you will not recieve any more realmpoints when you get to rr4l9 which you do pretty fast if there's enough action.

Old Emain ruled the world, playing with low lvl and low rr doesn't.

Everz

FH is my second home
bleh i for one love the bg.. puts to use my unfinished 50s ;D

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Achilles said:
WORD or whatever the kids say these days ... people whining for OF got boring a week after NF release. Was it honestly THAT GOOD. Hi 2 u mr Milegate--> ten times worse than any bridge because you HAD to go through it. Wish mythic would just try and fix the agramon lag instead of making this BG. We already have our "old emain style rvr place", people just dont use it.
You sir seams to have missed the point. Old Emain symbolizes a place where everyone went to RvR. It's not cuz' the milegates were great or the landscape were excepsional, it was cuz' it was a small place everyone went to and you were promised action. If NF was as small as OF and ppl didn't have to run around and take boats for 30 min without seeing a soul I strongly doubt we would have the same whine about OF.

Nosufer

Fledgling Freddie
The new emain BG is quite nice and is very similar to old emain, if i get chance today ill fraps running round it on my vamp and upload it if i have space.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
this bg would have been so nice if the population in daoc was like.. double the size it is now. :(

Nosufer

Fledgling Freddie
Its not to bad in the states, Kilibury cluster still pulls in 2500 people a night, so this BG won't affect Rvr too much. There will be alot of people who want to play this for nostalgic reasons and the fact that there won't be any ML9 pets and Lv50 baseline lifetaps. Either way the population of the English speaking servers really doesn't need to be divided anymore, its already wafer thin.

illu

Part of the furniture
I think it's good simply because you can get your toon that is 45-49 that was in a RvR wilderness (because go out in Real RvR being 45-49 and you die instantly) and go out and have a little RvR fun.
I have a little Warlock that I levelled up for fun to 45, and used a few times in keep raids, but he stayed at 45 simply because in Real RvR, he would get destroyed. At least you can have a bit of fun now, learn to play the class/tactics before the "Real Deal".
Saying that, Warlocks aren't too difficult to play :> But I also have a little SM project I'm working on and possibly a Warrior and Valk........

Oli - Illu

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
arent those rose tinted glasses getting a bit old and rusty now?

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I for one look forward to this. Now i just wish i had some alts below 50 in Alb. :( They should implement a feature with which you could strip one level or something. :p

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
If it's Old Emain then I will make a bm for sure to try it out, loved that place and it was extremly fun to play bard there. Loved the hills and the possiblity to jump groups from side etc.

However the game will never be as it was at that time hib used pb groups mids(savage grps) and alb(merc grps).

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
I'll get my menta ready for that bg at least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom