TV Luther BBC1

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Anyone watching this? Just watched episode 4 and like many of the programmes I enjoy I really should not have seen it just before bedtime :(

I do recommend it though....

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I've been watching each episode of this on BBC HD as it airs.
Considering it's only 6 eps long, I'm rivetted. I keep asking myself "Can this get any worse for him?" and then it does.
As for Alice (Ruth Wilson), I can't make up my mind if she's attractive or if her mouth is too wide.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
last nights epis was great. couple of moments when I was stunned by what happened tbh...

next weeks going to be a belter.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Watching it on iPlayer catch up and only 2 episodes done, but loving it so far :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
ep 5 was fucking epic. cant wait for the next part. story is reeeaaallly good. plus it's set all over london so you feel special cos they filmed part of it in your st or the park down the road etc.

Yoni

Ive not seen episode 5 yet so no details.. not sure I should watch it till the weekend as 4 was shocking enough...

Damini

Part of the furniture
Luther is amazing. Really hacked off I have to wait till next week to find out what happens.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Got them saved up on Sky+ watched the first 3. Very good so far. Hopefully the BBC will start making some decent drama again. Been dross in recent years, with the exception of ashes to ashes.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Luther is amazing. Really hacked off I have to wait till next week to find out what happens.

You have to admit, Luther's setup was perfect. Royally shafted. Luther is blatantly going to murder whatshisface...or have ginger do it?

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
You have to admit, Luther's setup was perfect. Royally shafted. Luther is blatantly going to murder whatshisface...or have ginger do it?
He's going to ask Alice to help plan it so that they come out clean

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Might give this a go since so many people are saying good things about, surprising considering it's a BBC drama.

Yoni

Jesus Christ... just finished the 5th episode.....

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Alice is nothing like my type but i find myself really attracted to her.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm up to date too now - fucking awesome drama, great show, hats off to the beeb for this one :worthy:

JingleBells

FH is my second home
The Guardian's reviewer is now hooked on Luther after initially dismissing it.

I'm yet to watch ep 5 (just iplayer downloading it now), but it's been quite an interesting series, despite some of the terrible flaws (such as the yawn in ep1).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Not watched the last one yet but just wanted a little comment. It IS very well made and acted but the plot is still a bit silly. Depends how much you're willing to suspend disbelief :)

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
The first thing I saw Idris Elba in was "Ultraviolet" back in the late 90's. It was a british series about vampire hunters and I personally thought it didn't get the recognition it deserved. Much like Luther actually.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Not watched the last one yet but just wanted a little comment. It IS very well made and acted but the plot is still a bit silly. Depends how much you're willing to suspend disbelief :)

I like silly sometimes. I like well acted. I will deffo try this now.

The first thing I saw Idris Elba in was "Ultraviolet" back in the late 90's. It was a british series about vampire hunters and I personally thought it didn't get the recognition it deserved. Much like Luther actually.

Ultraviolet was great. Only saw it once and was about 14, so don't remember any of it. Should try and find it and check it out again.

Chilly

Balls of steel
dissapointed tbh. Lots of things were done badly. Why didnt they track luther's phone, especially when cuntface managed it on zoe's bf fine. The ending pissed me off. I was expecting a messy end, but this is a bit daft. Now luther is obviously going to frame himself, cliam self defense and present the recording as evidence, and tell the other two fuck off-ski.

just not quite as awsome as the first half.

taB

Part of the furniture
Not reading this thread, only half way through the series. It's great though.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Nice way to end the series.
Deliberately leave it open-ended to allow for another series, but it stands up as a final episode if it doesn't get another series.

Yoni

I liked the ending and although the second half was not as shocking as the first
there was certainly no fairytale ending it was all a bit fucked for poor Luther. I do also agree with Chillys conclusion re Luther manning up to it

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Overall I loved it... compelling drama from the BBC with good acting and dispelling the 'cop gone bad' genre as boring these days. Gets a solid 9/10 from me :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Watched all of this now, it's a bit of a mixed bag.

Positives:
Idriss Elba is bloody excellent.
Some good support cast (Sean Pertwee etc.)
The last two episodes.
Theme music (Massive Attack - Paradise Circus)
Good production values, generally good editing, direction, cinematography etc.

Negatives:
The whole thing is a massive cliché.
The 'individual' cases as shown in 2/3/4 are wrapped up too easily and don't fit in with the rest of the show.
There wasn't enough importance placed on the better story arc untilt the end of the series.
The woman who plays Alice (I think her name is) was fucking TERRIBLE. She couldn't have played the role in a more obvious, predictable and hackneyed way. She didn't even do it well.
Some of the other supporting cast where terrible and had totally pointless characters that purely served to move things along rather than be an interesting character (police cheif woman, his partner that was in Hollyoaks etc)

That said, it was one of the best dramas I've seen come out of terrestrial television in some years. Still, nowhere near as good as it could and should have been.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy

I've got that on DVD, really loved it when I first saw it.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
ooooo first episode of series 2 just as good as series 1

:worthy:

ileks

Part of the furniture
How could he have been in the back of the car all along? There were three people in the car to begin with :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom