LulzSecurity

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
:( they have just taken minecraft.net and Eve Online down..

Does anyone see an end to all this crap? :p

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I know this is all bad and stuff... but I see this as a new beginning of technology to come...

I just hope the hackers have good intentions and not bad ones just to show people how bad the security is...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not any time soon unfortunately.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Daoc was vulnerable to the same attack and did suffer it in like 2008 .... eve shouldn't be that lacking.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Don't worry Everz, I get you :)

It's clear that this group is either a) funded by a country or b) have found a new exploit that no one else has. It's not clear that all the hacks have happened recently though, it's just being released now.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Or c) are funded by many countries just to allow them all to tighten up the laws regarding the internet....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
On a serious note I believe that lulzsecurity are not without some form of Government funding. It just seems all too easy for them for me. I guarantee that new laws will be introduced across the globe which will affect our internet usage, leading in years to come to total lockdown :(

megadave

I am a FH squatter
On twitter they say they're preparing for a big attack on someone, hopefully WoW.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hmm, my last entry mentions Escapist Magazine...

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Scratch that, fucking FF, it's updated.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
wtf is league of legends? why do they waste time on such shit?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
They're going to round them all up and throw the book at them, it won't be pretty.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
As long as they don't fucking take down pokemon global link :(

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
They do seem to be rather active at the moment dont they. Number of high and low profile targets hit.

All it will lead to is draconian internet laws and more restrictions on its usage :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
They're just a bunch of spotty teenage fat nerds, personally I hope the police catch them and lock a couple up for years.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
they're getting very cocky and we all know what happens to cocky people, they slip up and get caught. in their case they'll be shitting bricks because they'd be looking at literally hundreds of years jail time.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I'll get my Mel Gibson signed conspiracy theory hat out hehe.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
They're just a bunch of spotty teenage fat nerds, personally I hope the police catch them and lock a couple up for years.
Rather unlikely it's spotty teenagers, the whole LulSecurity thing is just a cover up. I'd says its some serious professionals from the security industry being funded heavily by someone for some reason. The motive? Who knows but it's something big and I'd say they are using a zero day MYSQL remote buffer overflow exploit or an injection. Not much can be done until thy find out how they are getting in (serious debugging, monitoring and traffic sniffing) and the software devs get it fixed.

The gaming company's are not at fault, not much they can do, the exploit is not known and they have to use the software. If it was me, I'd be hiring some serious professionals like HD Moore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to keep an eye on my network.

DDoS are not much to worry about though, that probably just means they can't get in. Even Daoc was vulnerable to a very simple syn spam attack a few years due to a poorly configured and maintained network.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
get the fucking rope lads gimmly works for lulzsec, string the bastard up! xD

soze

I am a FH squatter
It's m$ they have not been taken down yet i bet they paid the hackers to take the mighty Sony down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom