Loyalty

O

old.Tyraette

Originally posted by Addlcove
I´ll prevent it! I LOVED IT!

however if you even THINK of adding a certain barmaid to listes conquests I am gonna fucking kill you!

he´s cutem, but not _THAT_ cute :p

:D

Up until I realised that the post was getting a little long, I was going to have an extra bit where Shaeffer and Liste go down the stairs to pay for the room <i hadnt mentioned whether it was quarters, or rented at the stone or what>

Liste was going to try his charms, which would fail miserably. Shaeff then turns round, winks at Troryn, flexes <mightily> at her, and she swoons into his arms OTT.

I'm still working on getting a mighty flex in there somewhere...i dont care how and dont care why :p

Perhaps that mini bit will make the Special Edition 4DVD set ;)

A

Adelle

Brilliant, Schaef! :D

You're right that Liste is going to kill you - truth hurts ;)

H

Heffer

Excellent!

Just....Excellent!
well you couldnt have described Liste any better, hes a big tart worse than me :p

<tries to take listes focus away from shaeff so he can continue writing!>

L

liste

Liste was going to try his charms, which would fail miserably.

in your dreams writerboi. Its all about style. you have none, i have it abundantly. Theres a reason Szcaffer is commited to Treeloe. He had to settle for one <sound of crackling leather off a mighty flex>

Kill you? of course not. Your blood would dim the light from my fabulously trendy swords /twirl

O

old.Tyraette

The morning sun greeted them half-heartedly from behind a cloud strewn sky as they stepped out into the streets. The pair moved briskly, eager to escape the confines of the city. Several times Liste paused thoughtfully, staring at some pretty girl as she walked past, before recognition and memory dawned on where he had seen them before. Depressingly, to Shaeffers mind, almost all of them appeared in Listes recollections at the same place, though names appeared to give him more difficulty.

Coming at last to the city gates, they passed through the two sets of portcullis’. As he did everytime he entered and left Camelot, Shaeffer spared a glance for the two statues engraved into the walls beside them. As tall as the walls, perhaps the
height of four men, the two statues represented both Arthur and Constantine and showed them gazing down on those who passed them by. The eternal watchers, they never failed to impress him, and he could almost feel their eyes on his back as they moved through.

It was only a short walk from the gates to Cotswald Village and Shaeffer enjoyed the open space more, feeling his spirits lift. No more than about a hundred called Cotswald home, but laying so near to the city it had prospered, and many had grown rich from suppling Camelot with its fruit and vegetables. Many travellers also passed through it, bringing news from the realm and the frontiers, keeping the local Inn rich with custom and gossip.

News had spread of the Prince of the Shadowed Nights return to the city, and several of the villages inhabitants gave more than a cursory glance at the man walking through beside Liste. Ignoring their curious looks, the pair entered the Inn, and at once a voice called called out from a corner, shattering all doubt as to the identity of Listes companion.

‘Rar! There he is, over here Shaeff. Thought you’d never show!’

<only a little one for today, preparing for fortnights holiday so might be a little lacking for a little while. Got 10hrs flight to write more though ;)>

O

old.Tyraette

Cant think what led me to think that...oh wait, yes i can

Schaeffer
Shaffer
Sheepfur
Schazer
Schizophrenia

the liste goes on <pun intended>

O

old.SadonTheGrey

btw lee, my postcount > ur by +2 ... well, + 3 now

O

old.Tyraette

maybe, but i got a custom title. so...nyer, really

anyway stfu trying to write here ;)

L

liste

Schaeffer
Shaffer
Sheepfur
Schazer
Schizophrenia

oh c'mon. give me some credit. my imagination FAR exceeds shaffer :(

Bastid Szkiphpher

H

Heffer

Originally posted by liste
oh c'mon. give me some credit. my imagination FAR exceeds shaffer :(

Bastid Szkiphpher

hehe + bump!

gifv next section Lee

O

old.Tyraette

I'm on Holiday :)

Only checking emails and shit when I can. Not every day. Writing some new stuff on the flights <10hrs each way :p>

I'm doing some relaxin' and stuff. Grand Canyon next week <loves the place>

S

Serbitar

stop writing limericks and useless 'creative flame' threads and write more of this. gimp :p

O

old.Tyraette

Grinning, Shaeffer shook his head wryly , and clapped Vinci on the back. 'Its good to see you again, all of you' he said, feeling the weight of the last few days lift as he saw familiar faces. 'Vincible' Murculamis, Maxgirth, Cirwan...memories of good times and years gone by flooded through him as he surveyed the Utopians. Almost all the faces of the 15 to 20 men and women before him he recognized, though a brief sadness tinged him as realization dawned that a few faces he hoped to see were not present. Putting the thought of friends lost to one side, he focused his attention on those who were here.

‘By the Light, you’re all looking well. Fate it seems rolled well with you. Even my favourite minstrel managed to find his way here without getting lost!’ Chuckling at the look on Cirwans face, Shaeffer was surprised as a harsher voice cut through. ‘Cirwan might be a little…confused, at times. But he is MY minstrel, and I’ll hear no words against him.’

Eyeing up the lithe Saracen woman in front of him, Shaeffer maintained his smile. Despite being clad in chainmail, with the Utopia flag on her back, she managed to cut a graceful figure. Her dark eyes flashed angrily at him, but before either of them could say another word, Cirwan swiftly stepped in between the two and shook their hands hurriedly. ‘Hmm. Perhaps this wasn’t the ideal introduction, but Shasha, this is Shaeffer. Shaeffer, this is Shasha. As you probably guessed Shaeff, this is my Lady,’ he added, his face turning to a deep crimson.

Delight diffused the tension that had been building and Shaeffer clapped the minstrel on the back. ‘You kept this quiet you ol’dog!’ he grinned, before turning once more to Shasha. ‘My apologies, Lady, but myself and Cirwan go back a very long way. Back to the days when we were fools who thought we could conquer the world,’ he said, eyes twinkling. Before he could stop himself, the thought flashed across his mind. Before the Prince.
Somewhat reluctantly, Shasha curtsied. ‘My apologies to you also, Prince. I..was perhaps a little hasty,’ she said, stiffly. To the relief of both of them, the barmaid arrived bearing more drink, allowing them the chance to move and speak with others without further discomfort.

Shaeffer felt himself relax, and enjoyed the company. Not normally one for crowds, it had been a long time since he had been with such a large number of friends. He’d tried explaining why to Ehlias once, but he had not really understood. He could never grasp the loneliness he felt amongst people who thought they knew him, rather than people who did.

His thoughts were interrupted after a few minutes when a petite magess, Kaitlyn, chose that moment then to rise, her glass in hand. Standing proud, she seemed somehow out of place amongst the others. Dignified and ladylike as were most of her Avalonian kind, she bore the same laughter lines that typified the Guild of Utopia. Raising the glass smoothly, she waited patiently whilst the eager chatter amongst them died.
‘We all know where we’re going. Whilst our destination is the same, our paths are always different. Some of them may lead back home, some of them may remain in the Falls. But wherever it is that our paths take us, we go together as friends. Some friends have come back to us..’ she tilted her glass at Shaeffer and winked, ‘..whilst some may leave us. Some of you are religious men and believe that the Light will guide and protect us. That is all very well for the believers, but I would like to offer a toast to something else that will guide and protect us. Raise your glasses…..to each other.’

Nodding in approval, they completed the toast, before Liste gestured that they should begin moving. ‘The journey to Horgath’s Tower will take several days. The sooner we get there the sooner we can leave. There’ll be plenty of time for drink and talk on the road,’ he shouted out. ‘Be thankful, the drink and the talk and things like that you care about we can take with us. Regretfully, I cannot take my sources of pleasure with me,’ he added with a wink.

Moving out back to the stables, Shaeffer found that his own black gelding, Acietha, had already been prepared. Satisfied, he saddled up and gently guided her with the others to the road. Glancing around, he saw that several villagers had drifted around, curious to find something to gossip about around an ale later on in the evening. Trotting Acietha round, he moved towards the front of the column and settled next to Liste.

A few moments passed with the column holding still, before Shaeffer caught a nod from Liste. Feeling the villagers eyes on him, the Prince of the Shadowed Night reared Acietha up and drew one of his longdirks, holding it up high before bringing both it and the horse down. As one, the column began to rumble out of Cotswald, and on the long road to Horgaths Tower.

C

Coim-

Ye gods. That was some reading. Read the whole thing... very good. Keep going!!! :p

O

old.Tyraette

hehe, glad you like

I admit, it is becoming a bit of a long haul reading wise now. Would it be worth me making a separate post..Loyalty Unabridged, where I keep it locked with just the updates put in by me?

Perhaps Damini or someone would have some advice. Alternatively, the flaming crap at the start can be purged :)

C

Coim-

Sounds like a good idea...

Originally posted by faderullan
Do anyone have the energy to read through something like that?
You've really got to pity people like that. :eek:

S

stafford

just remember when it comes to me
you died well in my story :p

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by old.Tyraette
hehe, glad you like

I admit, it is becoming a bit of a long haul reading wise now. Would it be worth me making a separate post..Loyalty Unabridged, where I keep it locked with just the updates put in by me?

Perhaps Damini or someone would have some advice. Alternatively, the flaming crap at the start can be purged :)
Just use the lock option down, and unlock when you paste in more text. :)

O

old.Tyraette

aye, but id rather do that for another rendition.

the thing that makes the writing the story so worthwhile, is the comments people make about it. it means more than you can know and is THE main reason i post it here.

F

Fafnir

*Fafnir has been out hunting horses for his new bbq*

J

Jupitus

As the wind blew flurries of snow around the tiny wooden hut, Jupitus DarkShadow sat huddled by the fire, the cold in his bones numbed by the near empty pitcher of ale he held in his wrinkled hand. His mind was wandering on the edges of reality, his one-eyed vision of his ramshackle dwelling blurred beyond recognition.

A sharp, urgent knocking brought his mind suddenley into focus once more, and his hand instantly placed the ale silently on the floor beside him and reached deftly for his blade. He rose to his feet and made his way in silence to the door, which he pulled open sharply revealing a slight messenger, even shorter than himself, shivering in the wind. He ushered the lad inside without word, sheathed his blade, and took a scroll of parchment from him with obvious impatience.

Nodding to a small wooden chair he asked the young messenger to sit, before standing by the fire and reading thoughtfully. Much time had passed since his last meeting with Shaeffer, and he had grown ever more curious for news of his young charge's welfare. Reading swiftly through events, he smiled inwardly at the youngster's obvious coming of age. He bent forward, and spoke quietly to the messenger:

"There will be no note, this time, for it is clear the young man knows his way. My work is now done here, you must simply tell him one thing for me.... he is right about Liste"

With a gentle chuckle Jupitus held the door and sent the lad on his way, stealthed, and this time closed the door from the outside before heading further into the snow-capped mountains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom