Loyalty

O

old.Tyraette

Chapter 4

The journey began pleasantly, and the column made good progress as they followed the main road heading south from Camelot. It was not uncommon for companies such as this to take to the road and travel through the lands, although most tended to head the other way, towards the northern Fortress of Sauvage, which tended to be the main staging point for Albions forces in defence of the homeland. As with the villagers in Cotswald, their initial presence through the villages and hamlets near the road caused a stir, though as such things do, the memory faded into forgetfulness but a few days later.

They were not due to replace the garrison in Darkness Falls for almost a week yet, and so Liste did not push the Utopians or their mares particularly hard, content to enjoy the time above ground whilst they could. Their orders were to garrison the Falls for a month, before they themselves would be replaced. A few amongst them had served there before, but for many it was to be a first experience, and not one that any of them were particularly looking forward to. Now and then Shaeffer overheard low voices, enquiring after what the Falls were like, but these were not many, most instead trying to put it far from their minds. Shaeffer enjoyed the time, and regularly hung back to talk and catch up on events he had missed in the last few years.

They paused in the afternoon for lunch, and to allow their horses to water at a nearby stream. Engrossed in grooming Acietha down, he didn’t notice Shasha appear behind him. She watched him for a few moments, and noted with surprise the care he took over her. Minutes passed, before Shaeffer glanced over and saw her looking at him with a frown on her face.

‘Have I done something else to offend, Lady?’ He enquired, before returning to his work. The frown melting, she smiled, and Shaeffer was struck by the change in her appearance. The harsh tomboyish woman he’d seen before was replaced by a look of dark beauty. ‘Not at all, Prince,’ she replied. ‘It is rare to see such care for a horse. To most they’re tools. From you I was..’

‘Expecting something different?’ he interrupted. ‘Most people do with me. I grow used to it, though I admit it does get a little lonesome at times.’
‘Then it is me who has done something to offend. Cirwan speaks often of you, though his stories are different to the ones that one generally hears. I wonder which of them have more truth.’

Smiling as he worked, Shaeffer patted Acietha on the neck, and turned to face her. ‘Most of the stories of me are true, in the events they describe. However, it does not do for a heroic story to have a hero filled with doubt, or misplaced beliefs, does it. I am the man who did the things that are spoken of, if that is what you mean. But I am not the man they make me out to be.’
‘Then you have done many things. Is it true about you going to Midgard that time to rescue your own Lady?’

Pausing, Shaeffer studied Acietha for a few moments, before starting to mutter in a low voice.
‘Ja, jeg drog til Midgård. Men da var hun ikke min kvinde, og historien er ikke den romance hun fortjente. Jeg foragtede at skulle rejse. Om end jeg skammer mig er hele historien en løgn’

Avoiding her eyes, he started to move away. ‘I misjudged you, Prince,' She called to his retreating figure. 'I’d dismissed them for rumours and fancy words. Cirwan has always spoken highly of you, though I shall take you as I find you I think. If I might ask though, what did that mean?’

‘It meant that the story is wrong,’ he said, smiling ruefully. ‘But thank you for ignoring them nonetheless.’ With that, he trudged away towards his pack, looking for some food.

H

Heffer

did it really mean that if so what language? :p

EDIT : btw its sounding sexeh keep it up

O

old.Tyraette

Originally posted by Heffer
did it really mean that if so what language? :p

EDIT : btw its sounding sexeh keep it up

danish, and youll have to ask a danish person :)

cmon, im allowed an easter egg or two

G

Garnet

Crikey this thread still going ;o

Keep going Shaeffer, Master of the PFFT ;)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by Shike
More more more! :)

What he said.

I shall force you to drink tequila til your liver quivers and out of fear you start writing again :D

M

Milkshake

What the hell? It's stopped!

Oi! Shaeffer! Don't make me come over there!

T

Tilda

Bump, I like this very much :D

please transfer it to freddyshouse, it would be such a shame for it to be lost when BW closes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom