Low Profile / Half height

Laddey

FH is my second home
Graphics cards.

I bought a slimline HP computer like, last wednesday. And ive got a bit of cash to upgrade my graphics, i want the best half height graphics card if there are actually any?

If you need more information just ask, i can provide. Any ideas?

Laddey

FH is my second home
Interface TypePCI Express x16

Will that matter if mines x8?

soze

I am a FH squatter
not sure sorry i know you can use 1 in 8 16 ect. But i think 16 have more pins so the card will prolly not work. Might be best to look for a PCI card instead. Some one may be abel to say 100% either way.

Kryten

Old Cow.
If it has the full length pci-e x16 slot even though it only works at x8 (which is very common in those type of machines) yeah it'll work fine. If it's the half length slot then no, afraid not :/

Laddey

FH is my second home
If it has the full length pci-e x16 slot even though it only works at x8 (which is very common in those type of machines) yeah it'll work fine. If it's the half length slot then no, afraid not :/
I've got a....

HP Slimline S3431 - Kryt, i was hoping you was gonna post in this. Could you reccomend any graphics cards that will work in this machine?

Currently has a HD3450 - Will it run WAR? It runs WoW/DAoC like a dream.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Really couldn't say specifically as it's not a game I play, but was going to mention that ATI always keep a decent range of low profile cards but it's normally just for media/server/just putting a picture on a screen usage. The 8600 is about the limit for high performance with low profile cards. 3450 is the best ATI card still on the market for low profile kit. I would expect ATI to release low profile versions of the new range of kit - i.e. the 4600 range at some point soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom