Football Lovely end to a sunny afternoon

rynnor

Rockhound
So basically we are all agreeing that Berbatov was far too expensive is far too much a fairy and is far too shit. Do we all agree on that?

I think you couldnt be more wrong - thats the first penalty I've ever seen him take that wasnt pure class and tbh I think he was trying to slot in a slow one to embarass the keeper.

He is one of the most skillful players in the Premiership but many people misunderstand him and see him as lazy rather than the supremely controlled pro that he is.

I think 30 mill was a fair price for one of the premierships leading scorers last season.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Oh yeah, absolutely, he was very good at Spurs (not 30 million good though), until Fergie sapped his talent and turned him into a normal player with a Utd sized chip on his shoulder.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
lols, i love manure fans. I'm a bigger fan than you....no way man, i'm a bigger fan. blah blah blah xD

i was defending me being called a "fickle fan" - i'm not trying to say im a bigger or better supporter than anyone. jesus chris do you write for the sun newspaper by any chance? your ability to turn one thing into another completely unrelated pile of bullshit is staggering.

trem, i would agree to a point. remember rooney when he first came to united? the goals he was banging in? the hat trick on his debut, those long range volleys....he just doesnt do it like he used to with the goal scoring, although he is priceless to the team for other aspects of his game.

but then look at the people who werent cutting it until they came to united and i think that list is pretty impressive....

raven, my grand dad was from manchester and was a big supporter, he moved to northern ireland when he got married. its been passed down from him to my dad, to my brothers and i and now to my nephews (and will definately be to my kids). that im not from manchester myself is irrelevant (atleast to me). i'd support my local team (linfield) also but the quality of football is terrible and its just an excuse for sectarianism here.

Trem

trem, i would agree to a point. remember rooney when he first came to united? the goals he was banging in? the hat trick on his debut, those long range volleys....he just doesnt do it like he used to with the goal scoring, although he is priceless to the team for other aspects of his game.

I honestly can't think of anyone who got better when they joined Utd. Ferdinand was great at West Ham and Leeds, Van Der Sar was always a very good keeper, Vidic is excellent and so is Evra but I can't say I know what they were like before joining Utd. The only thing I can say is that if they are Man Utd born and bred then they seem to get worse when they leave, such as Beckham, Butt etc, still both very good players though.

Rooney was awesome when he first left Everton, awesome for a little while until he was turned into an attacking midfielder by Fergie.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
If you don't want Berbatov perhaps you'd consider selling him back to us for a few mil ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fuck off jingle :) If you want profit, sell some more players to the scousers.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I honestly can't think of anyone who got better when they joined Utd. Ferdinand was great at West Ham and Leeds, Van Der Sar was always a very good keeper, Vidic is excellent and so is Evra but I can't say I know what they were like before joining Utd. The only thing I can say is that if they are Man Utd born and bred then they seem to get worse when they leave, such as Beckham, Butt etc, still both very good players though.

Rooney was awesome when he first left Everton, awesome for a little while until he was turned into an attacking midfielder by Fergie.

Er, Van Der Sar has just set an English clean sheet record, Ferdinand is a FAR better centre-back now that at any time in his career (look at the silly mistakes he used to make - now he's considered top 5 in the world). Vidic is better, Evra is better, Ronaldo is World Player of The Year better. Bottom line is that results speak for themselves and United have been the best team around for nearly three years now, so The Empurpled One is clearly doing something right.

Trem

I said those names you mentioned were very good before joining Rudolph.

Ronaldo had 1 good season but hes still a total fucking mard arse and Messi is soooooooooooo much better and clearly deserved the award.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think 30 mill was a fair price for one of the premierships leading scorers last season.

Yep. 30 mill was a bargain m8. He's definately 1.5 times better than Torres :lol:

rynnor

Rockhound
Yep. 30 mill was a bargain m8. He's definately 1.5 times better than Torres :lol:

Your point? Torres sold himself cheaply to the scousers because they dont have any money and he wanted to go there - he could have gotten a lot more if he'd gone to Chelsea etc.

Berbatov went for a lot of cash because Man U really wanted him and Spurs held out to the last moment.

DaGaffer

I said those names you mentioned were very good before joining Rudolph.

Ronaldo had 1 good season but hes still a total fucking mard arse and Messi is soooooooooooo much better and clearly deserved the award.

And better since (which was the point of the comment I think). Or did Ronnie get a Ballon D'Or at Sporting? Or did Van der Sar set a goalkeeping record at Fulham?

Ronaldo had a better season than Messi last year, "mard arse" or not. Do I think Ronaldo is a better player than Messi? No, he's not, and Kaka is better as well, but last season Ronaldo was the most effective player in the world; 48 goals from a nominal midfielder in the one the three best leagues in the world just doesn't happen if you're shit.

Trem

And better since (which was the point of the comment I think). Or did Ronnie get a Ballon D'Or at Sporting? Or did Van der Sar set a goalkeeping record at Fulham?

Ronaldo had a better season than Messi last year, "mard arse" or not. Do I think Ronaldo is a better player than Messi? No, he's not, and Kaka is better as well, but last season Ronaldo was the most effective player in the world; 48 goals from a nominal midfielder in the one the three best leagues in the world just doesn't happen if you're shit.

Kaka is special and Ronaldo is a slimy fucktard :D

My reply to your post is this DaGaffer - you smell of wee.

;)

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Van der Sar was woeful when he left Juventus to join Fulham, he had a complete loss of confidence, he's definitely improved since then

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Did you watch the match? He did both fuck and all apart from happen to be where our guys made *schoolboy errors galore* :eek:

Fantastic finishes from him though. Totally top drawer. Completely against the run of play tho... :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Your point? Torres sold himself cheaply to the scousers because they dont have any money and he wanted to go there - he could have gotten a lot more if he'd gone to Chelsea etc.

Berbatov went for a lot of cash because Man U really wanted him and Spurs held out to the last moment.

Torrest sold himself cheaply because he wanted to go to Liverpool?

CooL! :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Berba was a symptom of asking prices at the time, everyone knows Torres was a bargain. It did not help that Man shitty where throwing stupid money around, we wouldn't have got Berba for less, spurs held us to ransom.

I am more concerned with Tevez's comments, would hate to see him go, but I do not see us splashing out another £30mill (+ whatever that **** Joorbachian decides he wants on top) for a striker that will not play everygame. He is passionate and gives his all, but I cannot see Fergie picking him over Rooney and Berba. If we changed system and played Rooney left or right wing more consistently and Ronaldo on the other, then maybe. But I doubt that will happen.

DaGaffer

Did you watch the match? He did both fuck and all apart from happen to be where our guys made *schoolboy errors galore* :eek:

Fantastic finishes from him though. Totally top drawer. Completely against the run of play tho... :)

4 goals is 4 goals. And Pepe Reina is no mug. I for one am very glad Arshavin is cup-tied next week.

DaGaffer

Berba was a symptom of asking prices at the time, everyone knows Torres was a bargain. It did not help that Man shitty where throwing stupid money around, we wouldn't have got Berba for less, spurs held us to ransom.

I am more concerned with Tevez's comments, would hate to see him go, but I do not see us splashing out another £30mill (+ whatever that **** Joorbachian decides he wants on top) for a striker that will not play everygame. He is passionate and gives his all, but I cannot see Fergie picking him over Rooney and Berba. If we changed system and played Rooney left or right wing more consistently and Ronaldo on the other, then maybe. But I doubt that will happen.

I think Tevez' fate depends on what's going on with Ronaldo. If he really is going, then Fergie will have to change the shape of things and that may create a more permanent role for Tevez, (although Tosic is supposed to be the Ronaldo follow-on) but even then 30m is a lot in the current climate when you also have a couple of very promising youngsters in Welbeck and Macheda. To be honest I'm more worried about the fact that we seem to be getting through right-backs like they're on special offer. What the hell is it about that position? We've had multiple injury problems there for about three years now.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Say what?! We don't want glory hunting Man United fans who live anywhere but Manchester, kindly feck off and find another team.

Turamber you may be the exception, but all I ever see online, on tv phone in's and at matches where your team (and wolves) are doing badly, is moaning, booing and more moaning. Fickleness.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Turamber you may be the exception, but all I ever see online, on tv phone in's and at matches where your team (and wolves) are doing badly, is moaning, booing and more moaning. Fickleness.

Yes, but they at least live in the midlands, that was his point ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hell, no, I know villa fans that live in London, and they have no connection at all to Brum.

Meh, I'm quite happy being an armchair supporter :)

DaGaffer

I was talking to an Irish Villa fan just today. There are lots of them, just as there were lots of Irish Sunderland fans until quite recently...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home

Exactly my point. A man can do nothing and still be that good he can put 4 past you. Anyone seen his post-match interview? He's a god. He still claims he hasn't even settled yet and isn't at full fitness. Next season he's going to destroy everyone.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
all I ever see online, on tv phone in's and at matches where your team (and wolves) are doing badly, is moaning, booing and more moaning. Fickleness.

Thing is -- fans of the "top four" live in an unreal place. They have had a level of success for ten years or so that other fans can only dream of.

Real football fans like to have a real moan. "Plastic" fans, the kind that have only ever watched their team on television and 'follow' the winning-everything-in-sight teams have no idea what real football and being a real fan is like.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I was talking to an Irish Villa fan just today. There are lots of them

We had a number of Irish players in the early 90's - Staunton, Houghton and McGrath to name the most important three. We were also a very good team back then ... these days most of the plastic Irish fans gravitate to the 'top four'.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Exactly my point. A man can do nothing and still be that good he can put 4 past you. Anyone seen his post-match interview? He's a god. He still claims he hasn't even settled yet and isn't at full fitness. Next season he's going to destroy everyone.

The bastketball comments where funny, he has quite a good grasp of english and humour it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom