Love this game !

C

caLLous

Yay it's good! Although I think the frost giants are a little too powerful though.

T

TedTheDog

Elephants to the rescue!

Actually, the Gold Collosuseses (er...) are spoogeworthy but damned expensive in gold and favour.
Neat trick to get a whole bunch of them:

After acquiring a sizeable mound of gold, build a "whole bunch" of Temples and get ALL your villagers praying to produce favour.
Keep buying Collosuseseseses and ignore the "need more houses to continue production" bleats. once you have a shedload of the buggers queued up, kill your villagers and go and kick arse.

Same trick works for elephants which are also seriously hard bastards but dont need favour. Played multiplayer last night, me n RobJ against 2 moderate AI's on mediteranean.
In the end I had 12 Migdol strongholds each with 15 elephants queued in them. Killed villagers and took 75 fully upgraded elephants into enemy base.

Stupid sods have to be managed tho, or they chase enemy villagers into the distance.

W

Wij

Haven't mastered the Eggys yet. Doing pretty good with the Norse imo :) I guess I just like attacking...

S

Spaceman Spiff

Originally posted by TedTheDog
Actually, the Gold Collosuseses (er...) are spoogeworthy

I agree. Them Gold Colossi (;)) are great. I've only really played as the Greeks. I guess I should try out the others soon. What are other people's favourite race to use?

T

TedTheDog

I was playing Hades all the time, but I've since discovered "choice" and am trying some of the others out.
The wolfpack thing (cant remember what they're called, but they're Norse) are amazing. They're a bit weedy in the armour stakes, but they get more attack the larger the pack, and they're REALLY fast movers.
A pack of them can twat an enemies villagers and be back in the bar laughing about it before the defenders have got their boots on.

W

Wij

Who lets a game get to Mythic age ??

Classical 0wnz j00 :)

W

Wij

Originally posted by TedTheDog
Elephants to the rescue!

After acquiring a sizeable mound of gold, build a "whole bunch" of Temples and get ALL your villagers praying to produce favour.

Building more temples doesn't increase favour gen rate.

Elephants suck. Too slow to be any use unless you are already in an advantageous position.

Frost Giants suck. Fire Giants 0wn :D

Fenris Wolves are great for Raiding but unless you play as Odin Norse players will normally get 0wned in Mythic age.

Anybody play on ESO ? I try occasionally but I suffer badly from the 2,4 error and drop out of games too often to make it fun :/

W

Wij

Not really. Priests kill it quick and Son of Osiris murders it in seconds.

Greeks can kill it easy too. It's only good against other Norse.

J

Jiggs

hmm, i'm finding the loki>heimdall>njord>hel

path pretty good

got to admit the best thing norse seem to have is those fimbulwinter/fenris wolves tho

but if you get lucky and your hesir summon alot of myth units Loki can be devastating

W

Wij

Loki should never let the game get to Mythic Age. All his useful bonuses are early on. In late-game someone like Odin with his better Hill Fort units should own Loki.

Loki = the rush god.

Users who are viewing this thread