Lottos

A

**Aligro**

Originally posted by Exinferis
its the one he lottoed for :puke:
having no use for it whatsoever

FFS i didn't lotto for THAT.... it was OUTLAW's RAID!!

T

Tranquil-

Shadow Whispers bow sucks, whoever ran off with it is a fool. :p

F

Falcore

Was my idea about money going to some sort of keep fund which we will need no doubt someday....but its gotta be done properly so ppl dont have doubts.

imho they should be lottoed on BW, will get best price and everyone can see whats happening...this is ofc for drops that r not wanted by any raid goers only

M

mmmpie

Ofc peeps should have the chance 2 lotto,for an item if its useable for there class,even if they aint rr5 yet,etc the lvl 44 friar who won a dragon staff.its all cool,im sure the friar who won it is more than happy about it,Yeah it even maybe create an exp rush for him/her and later he will get rr5,its not everyday u win such stuff and the staff,will also benefit him one day.... enough said !

u rr5 emain whores are just 2 naughty sometimes :( sigh

F

Fagane

whining

Realm Ranks has NOTHING to do with killing the dragon. Half the clerics of Albion never do RvR. And 70% of all players involved where NOT level 50.

And one thing is for sure, if we drop the clerics who do not RvR and drop the 70% of the players who where not level 50. The dragon would have slaughterd us.

Stop whining you rps whores and power play jerks. The dragon is killed and it was fun. The loot is devided between all who helped. I did see only 1 logical argument and that is that the loot belongs to someone who can use it (eg Theurg staff for a Theurgist). And thats the only thing I can agre on in this thread. If the winners of the respec stones want to sell it or respec for 1 skill point they got wrong. Thats they're bisness.

Fagane

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Tranquil-
They might give the time and effort, but the work is done by lvl 50's.

?? FYI a lvl 45 can bring ALOT more to the raid then some lvl 50's can.

A lvl 45 theurgist can theoretically bring best EB, 2nd best haste and 6 sec PBT. If he has 10 sec PBT he can increase the amount of opponents on the dragon with 10 (by spamming earth pets)

A lvl 45 rejuv cleric can give good heals/best rezz.

A lvl 45 minstrel can provide powersong.

A lvl 45 sorc can provide crack.

A lvl 45 necro can provide power to healers.

Just a few classes who bring ESSENTIAL things to a successfull raid without the need to be 50. Cutting them out is bullshit.

T

Tigerius

I can rezz 6 level 50 players straight of the bat, how many can a L45 player?

S

samildanachh

another thing, afaik most rr5 lvl50's etc probaly have SC armour/weapons and actually have no use for these things anyway!
a lvl44 is far less likely to have this and can therefore make more use of it than the lvl 50's rr5's!
:)

M

Motowntheta

Originally posted by old.Zoyster
I agree with Loxley.........
but with drops, I think peopel who will get most utility should get the Uba stuff..... I suspect some peopel get l33t 1t4mz to store or to PvE which is a waste IMO.

Now I have seen Sacr in emain With his Glorified pitch fork in emain, so he's ok.:D

Yes good old Sacr and his fork of chip slaying :)

J

jetsetminer

Re: whining

Originally posted by Fagane
Realm Ranks has NOTHING to do with killing the dragon. Half the clerics of Albion never do RvR. And 70% of all players involved where NOT level 50.

And one thing is for sure, if we drop the clerics who do not RvR and drop the 70% of the players who where not level 50. The dragon would have slaughterd us.

Stop whining you rps whores and power play jerks. The dragon is killed and it was fun. The loot is devided between all who helped. I did see only 1 logical argument and that is that the loot belongs to someone who can use it (eg Theurg staff for a Theurgist). And thats the only thing I can agre on in this thread. If the winners of the respec stones want to sell it or respec for 1 skill point they got wrong. Thats they're bisness.

Fagane

:clap: :clap: :clap:

A

Arnor

lottos are a bitch beyond reckognition. that said, more ppl should adopt the attitude that primairly you go to a raid for the experience in itself(you know the cool waters of searing fury at all the highlvls suddenly turned into lvl 8 noobs with shit for brains and the patience of a 6year old and as able to take orders as a 15 year old with attitude problems), if you get a drop too everything is just gravy.

ahh, think ill organize some TG raids as soon as my exams have passed me by ;)

D

DeaD GuRu

fuck your lottos

yeah, feck your lotto's ppl.

first of all, you promote elitism, wich SUCKS, secondly you still work in different alliances wich sucks even more. All you ppl do is promote the big guilds and alliances and leave the GOOD ppl, fun loving players out of the question.

All i have read in last few topic , is NAGGING about lotto's, gems, respec stones, caer sidi drops.

in an eight player group i do the following, if something drops, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, i do a /random 8
there are eight ppl in that group. Fuck usability, fuck alts .. fuck all reasons someone uses to try to obtain some kind of drop.
random 8 for a group, number is number in GL's list. Just as simple as that. Now it even gets worse... you even start using RR as a category of randomizing??? Just because someone with RR3000 is foolish enough to spend hours and hours suiciding in emain to gather some point, then release, rerush, die... , you give em advantages?

for a raid try doing it as follows:

first drop..
X = numer of attending full groups.
/random X is number of group
second drop ....
X-1 = number of groups - the group that already got one drop
/random X-1
etc.......

The organizer will only need the names of group leaders: give all leaders their number. Let these leaders do what they need to be done. Lotto will be over in 5 minutes..........
group leader gets drop. Group leader uses / random8

just as simple as that..........

stop fucking beeing selfish, I NEED ONE TOO, one of those friggin stupid respec stones. I got gimped because of this fecking game bugg.

Stop beeing selfish assholes in this fecking game FFS.

"my guild is uberguild, i will steal kill and ripp everybody off in doing so...."

When will if be that some uberasshole will start claiming two or three respec stones, just to fill up his vault?????? Just to be able to respec every morn???? Use your fecking idiotic brains, stop nagging, stop claiming , Just stop beeing yourselves in this fecking imaginairy world. Me , me , me, me ,me

btw , can you salvage those respec stones??? maybe we can farm em to use em to salvage, so nobody has em (sarcasm mode)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ironheart lvl 50 /49gimped firewiz
cleric: 48
sorc 37
paladin 40
necromancer 41.5
scout 44.5
necromancer 23

legendairy tailor
500+ spellcrafter
500+ armourcrafter
500+ alchemist

I did it all for fun, still doing it, will keep on doing it.

D

DeaD GuRu

idiotic jiggs

fuck off??

you should be in school now

T

thorwyntf

in an eight player group i do the following, if something drops, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, i do a /random 8

um... ok, so I got that lovely Friar staff. Thanks, very much. Unfortunately, I can´t use it, so I give it away to someone who can use it, preferably in my group. So why not use common sense and give it to the Friar in the first place? With your system, everbody will end up with tons of useless junk in the inventory.
Item distribution in 8 man groups should NEVER be a problem (and tbh I can´t remember a situation where people were arguing over a drop in my group).
NBG, pldthxbye.

As for the raid drops...
I`m personally with loxley. When you´re going to a raid, you should have a chance to get a drop like everybody else. And if you think that´s wrong, then don´t go to the raid. It´s as simple as that.

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by thorwyntf
um... ok, so I got that lovely Friar staff. Thanks, very much. Unfortunately, I can´t use it, so I give it away to someone who can use it, preferably in my group. So why not use common sense and give it to the Friar in the first place? With your system, everbody will end up with tons of useless junk in the inventory.
Item distribution in 8 man groups should NEVER be a problem (and tbh I can´t remember a situation where people were arguing over a drop in my group).
NBG, pldthxbye.

As for the raid drops...
I`m personally with loxley. When you´re going to a raid, you should have a chance to get a drop like everybody else. And if you think that´s wrong, then don´t go to the raid. It´s as simple as that.

i do understand what you mean as well, but, why not let a random number deceide who gets it. OK! then the person that get's it can do whatever he feels with it. Because everybody can use all drops in some way. Maybe help a friar , why not? but let the person with the drop deceide what to do with it. I would salvage the staff, so i could even use it. If i would know that i received that item in a fair way, no matter what that item may be, i would use it in some way.... That may seem selfish of me.... yeah, it may be, but i'm joining something with a certain reason... not to please some ppl, I do it just to get what i need... i would not be doing it otherwise. If i return to my homestead emptyhanded. I don't mind, just didn't get lucky i guess... shit happens. As long as i know that i had a fair chance in getting one of these things....

All is fair in love and war.......

D

dakeyras

The reason I don't like the random lottos is simple.

Let's say an Uber Longbow drops on a raid and is then distributed by one of the following methods:

1. Guild Lotto.
A Guild wins the lotto for the Longbow fair and square...but didn't have a Scout on the raid and so that Longbow is now being used by someone who couldn't be arsed turning up to the raid and went pharming in Emain instead. Meanwhile the xxx number of Scouts who went on the raid got squat. IMO unfair.

2. Free for all.
Similar problem. The drop goes to someone who can't use it and so ends up with someone who didn't put in the time.

At least with the method Aligro/Lox used the item is going to go to a player who was on the raid and who can use it. The only deviation to this is that, as I stated previously, a player who comes as a cleric/theu etc for the good of the raid should be able to inform the organisers beforehand of which char/spec they will be lottoing for.

This way, players who don't go on the long Sidi raids won't get items. Very fair IMO

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by dakeyras

1. Guild Lotto.
A Guild wins the lotto for the Longbow fair and square...but didn't have a Scout on the raid and so that Longbow is now being used by someone who couldn't be arsed turning up to the raid and went pharming in Emain instead. Meanwhile the xxx number of Scouts who went on the raid got squat. IMO unfair.

I think guild lotto are the best way to do lotto realy

Lets say an uber infi weapon drops, guild wins it, goes to the guy that brought his cleric instead of infi. hes happy and the raid got a far more usefull char there.

doing guild lottos makes sure you got the best chars for the raid availabe instead of 80 fotm.

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by Sibanac
I think guild lotto are the best way to do lotto realy

Lets say an uber infi weapon drops, guild wins it, goes to the guy that brought his cleric instead of infi. hes happy and the raid got a far more usefull char there.

doing guild lottos makes sure you got the best chars for the raid availabe instead of 80 fotm.

If an item I went on the raid to stand a chance of getting went to a Guild who gave the item to someone who couldn't be bothered putting in the work then IMO that sucks bigtime!

L

loxleyhood

Thanks for everyone contributing to this thread, tbh I wanted to start an arguement to hear everyone's opinions and ideas, which I intend to incorporate into the next Sidi lotto. Its obvious everyone is not happy, so theres room for improvement - that said I believe there should be certain things which should be gospel in lottos......

To lotto you must be lvl46+ or higher (this rule is basicly to make sure the raid appeals to many people, and lvl46 is more or less the agreed coming of age of RvR).
You may not lotto for an item which you are not specced for or cannot use. This ones obvious.
Realm Rank should not come into equation. Yes, those of higher RR undeniabley can use the weapon better, but not by much. This rule is also to make sure the raid appeals to many people.
Guild (unless its a guild invite raid) should not matter either. The item will be used by a single person not an entire guild, so it is based on the single person.

S

Sibanac

If an item I went on the raid to stand a chance of getting went to a Guild who gave the item to someone who couldn't be bothered putting in the work then IMO that sucks bigtime!

Well i would think most sensible guilds would go into the lotto for the ppl who where there or their alts/main, and not for the guy who didnt bother showing up.
so thats realy a moot point you got there

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by Sibanac
Well i would think most sensible guilds would go into the lotto for the ppl who where there or their alts/main, and not for the guy who didnt bother showing up.
so thats realy a moot point you got there

Not really.

It's happened time after time.

Often not because they wanted the item for someone who wasn't there but because, in order to make sure each Guild has an item, a Guild could well get something totally irrelavent to those members who took part.

D

DeaD GuRu

The reason I don't like the random lottos is simple.

Let's say an Uber Longbow drops on a raid and is then distributed by one of the following methods:

2. Free for all.
Similar problem. The drop goes to someone who can't use it and so ends up with someone who didn't put in the time.

you suck hard
what fecking time? Nobody asked them to organize, they just did it. OK some work has to be done, minor post on BW, alliance message about activety, a couple of times a day even...........

items should end up with ppl that can use em, i agree, but what if someone isn't able to join a raid?????????
WILL YOU GIVE THESE PPL MORE CHANCE ON A DROP WHEN THEY CAN MAKE IT?????

egoistical sun of biatch

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by Mr Ironheart
you suck hard
what fecking time? Nobody asked them to organize, they just did it. OK some work has to be done, minor post on BW, alliance message about activety, a couple of times a day even...........

items should end up with ppl that can use em, i agree, but what if someone isn't able to join a raid?????????
WILL YOU GIVE THESE PPL MORE CHANCE ON A DROP WHEN THEY CAN MAKE IT?????

egoistical sun of biatch

Grow up!

If you can't join a raid you don't get an item.

The Dragon isn't going anywhere and Caer Sidi isn't going to crumble into the sea. And yes, it is hard work! Spending hours in Sidi so some idiot who couldn't be arsed gets the item.

And use a bit of decency please. Your reply is one of a spoilt child.

A

Arnor

and with the "only roll for the class you played on raid" logic, you will end up with raids with 80% infils, which is all gravy :p

tbh that rule is just moronic and rewards not being a teamplayer/bein egoistic because ppl like pin who got both infil and earth.theurgist will be forced to bring his infil, which is of one hell of alot less help then his theurg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom