TV LOST - Season finale

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
so have they explained everything or is there just basically magic?

They left it fairly ambiguous, you can make your own mind up. Best way to be honest. I hate it when everything is explained. It's a happy ending though.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
It was a bit too sentimental for me, and I'm not impressed we still don't know what the heck the island was.

Good to see old cast members though.

Did particularly like Jack lying down to die and the smile on his face when the dog came to lie next to him.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It was a bit too sentimental for me, and I'm not impressed we still don't know what the heck the island was.

I'm still surprised people thought they would get any answers. I think fiction like Lost works better when it lets the viewer think for themselves and have to decide what to take from the ending.

Aballith

Loyal Freddie
I Thought the last 3 espisodes were brilliant tbh. It was all building up to a really good ending that I thought was sure to not explain everything but give you just enough.

It hadn't even finished yet and I'm already praising Lost in my mind as the greatest tv show ever made. It had won television as far as I was concerned, and then... "We were dead all along".

What. The. Fuck.

It just kinda proved to me that they were just making it up as they went along without a clue where they'd end up. All the complex plots and stories of the past 6 seasons were just nonsense that didn't really matter.

Ah well. What else is on?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Umm, no, they weren't dead "all along". Have seen a couple of people post that but it isn't the case.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
what happened then? i'd laugh if they were in some sort of purgatory as that was what everyone was guessing at in season 1

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It hadn't even finished yet and I'm already praising Lost in my mind as the greatest tv show ever made. It had won television as far as I was concerned, and then... "We were dead all along".

What. The. Fuck.

Excuse me? Did you watch it or pay any attention?

The whole alternate universe thing was set in the future years after they died. The writers led us to believe it was the cause of them blowing the nuclear bomb to change time. It was basically the afterlife, years later, a place they could all meet once they had all died.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
what happened then? i'd laugh if they were in some sort of purgatory as that was what everyone was guessing at in season 1

nope, everything was real. 5 people escaped the island, 3 were left alive on it as it finished. Smoke monster got killed.

They all re-unite in the future, in a reality that they collectively created, after death.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
just read a professional reviewers explanation of it and it's different to the way you tell it, ch3t

either way i'm glad i stopped watching when i realised the mysterious crap that kept me watching would never be explained because it never was

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
That is a basic synopsis, read the general forum thread if you want a more indepth one. But no review should be different, as that is what happened.

Link me to this review please.

Also most of the mysterious stuff was explained. Some things were left to the viewers imagination, which is appears was a mistake as people seem to not posses them any more.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
fuck all of the mysterious stuff was explained, pretty much nothing about the island was explained

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I think that the picture sequence of locke getting pwned belongs in here.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
How smokey came to be was explained, the fact Jacob bought them all to the island, the fact that the energy of the island was life (and death) itself. If you expected more than that then I have to laugh.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Did they explain why Hurley was still 40 clem?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He eats dead people* ( as well as seeing them)

*may be lies.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
How smokey came to be was explained, the fact Jacob bought them all to the island, the fact that the energy of the island was life (and death) itself. If you expected more than that then I have to laugh.
if you call that an explanation i have to laugh. what a pathetic and lazy explanation.

still loads of other bullshit thats forgotten about

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I didn't watch lost after episode three, however I agree with ch3t, shows like this are best left for the viewer to imagine and discuss. There will always be questions that can't be answered!!!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i would agree in some cases, for example i liked the open ending of the Sopranos.

However when one of the biggest selling points of your show is all the mysterious stuff that happens, it's bullshit that after 6 seasons of pilling up loads of strange mysterious things they just explain one aspect of the show and it's over.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
i would agree in some cases, for example i liked the open ending of the Sopranos.

However when one of the biggest selling points of your show is all the mysterious stuff that happens, it's bullshit that after 6 seasons of pilling up loads of strange mysterious things they just explain one aspect of the show and it's over.

I agree that they veered wildly away from the original concept, but it was still good TV, and the ending wasn't awful. The problem is that people were expecting every little answer on a plate, and they are now disappointed.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
smokie monster ?
ardbeg-supernova-1.jpg

what an odd choice for a tv monster

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
megadave; where is the link to this professional review of what happened?

Aballith

Loyal Freddie
Well after two days pondering and listening to peoples opinions I'm actually kinda liking it now. I shouldn't of switched off when i realised Jack was dead!

Only thing bugging me now is that the story hasn't actually ended, only most of them died... For all we know Hurley & Ben stay there for another 500 years or 5 years later Kate & Sawyer go back looking for them or whatever.

It leaves it well open for a sequal or some sort of JJ Abrams movie with reference to it.

Has anyone seen the trailer for "Super 8"? Whats the betting theres a smoke monster trapped in that train?

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Well after two days pondering and listening to peoples opinions I'm actually kinda liking it now. I shouldn't of switched off when i realised Jack was dead!

Only thing bugging me now is that the story hasn't actually ended, only most of them died... For all we know Hurley & Ben stay there for another 500 years or 5 years later Kate & Sawyer go back looking for them or whatever.

It leaves it well open for a sequal or some sort of JJ Abrams movie with reference to it.

Has anyone seen the trailer for "Super 8"? Whats the betting theres a smoke monster trapped in that train?

I aggree that the "open" ending can lead to a movie, that would maybe gave some infos on the story. That would be a normal comercial trick from the producers, but how i see it, there is no need. I was ok with this end :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Explanation from one of the writers.

I thought that was an excellent article ... until I actually thought about the cast of the final episodes. The writer claims that the stuck to the season one cast for the 'moving on' part of the show as it had been written from the very beginning.

But was Juliet in the first series? How about Desmond? Penny? Hmmm.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I thought that was an excellent article ... until I actually thought about the cast of the final episodes. The writer claims that the stuck to the season one cast for the 'moving on' part of the show as it had been written from the very beginning.

But was Juliet in the first series? How about Desmond? Penny? Hmmm.

And where was Michael??!!!!!

And what a bout his son, "the special one".....

So many fucked up things left in the air i get more pised with JJ Abrahams the more i think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom