lost NASA images found...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
so Nasa aparently found some lost images of the first lunar walk and have released most of it, i'm saying most because theres no proof saying its the complete record or not, so i'm better safe then sorry :)

anyway, ofc the conspiracy theorists come flocking like flies to newly produced dung claiming its aaaaall a fake.

what do you lot think? did USA actually manage to bribe Soviet to keep it a secret? because imo there would be no chance in hell that they would have kept quiet if they found out that the radio signals infact were not comming from the moon. sure USA could probably have sent a reciever/transmitter to the moon and have that recieve the signals and then bounce it back to earth, but then Soviet would have picked that up aswell, and i still dont think USA would have been able to manage to convince them them to keep quiet about it. i mean, that would have put them back into the race.

and concidering that it was around the time of the cold war i'm willing to bet my right arm that Soviet would have LOVED to prove that this was a fake landing :)

and more then likely spent enourmus ammounts of cash TRYING to prove it.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
one argument that always pops up that makes me laugh and totally dismiss any conspiracy theorists is the "look no stars in the sky" any budding photographer here will tell you how funny that one is. Stars arent registered in the photo cause for the stars to show the shutter would have to be open a very long time making everything else overexposed

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The only people who doubt the veracity of the Apollo 11 Moon landing are the terminally fucking stupid.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
one argument that always pops up that makes me laugh and totally dismiss any conspiracy theorists is the "look no stars in the sky" any budding photographer here will tell you how funny that one is. Stars arent registered in the photo cause for the stars to show the shutter would have to be open a very long time making everything else overexposed

I'd love to be on the moon and witness "night" from the dark side, the view of the stars must be amazing having no atmosphere in the way (or a very, very, very, very small atmosphere for the pedants on here).

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
SPACE.com -- Moon Orbiter to Photograph Apollo 11 Landing Site

LRO is going to photograph the Apollo 11 landing site later this month.
Don't forget that the camera on this thing has a resolution of 50cm per pixel, so the Eagle lander at Tranqillity Base is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

So despite all the photos, video, audio, moon rocks and now PHOTOGRAPHIC proof of Apollo 11 landing on the Moon.... there'll STILL be conspiracy theorists^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H twonks saying "It's fake!"

Why not just accept it for what it is. A fantastic engineering achievement that held everyone in the world's attention... even if it was only for a short time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well, we landed on the moon. Simple as that. But:

So despite all the photos, video, audio, moon rocks and now PHOTOGRAPHIC proof of Apollo 11 landing on the Moon.... there'll STILL be conspiracy theorists^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H twonks saying "It's fake!"

If you're going to debunk a conspiracy theory you can't take all your data from those who apparently conspired. You need a trusted third party - and in this case I can't think of one :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Its an interesting question - to those who doubt it could be faked well actually its at least a hundred times easier to send a recording to the moon then transmit it back than to send actual humans and have all the cameras function perfectly.

I know we all want to think it happened but it really is extremely unlikely given the low level of tech we had then - we find it hard to conceive exactly how unlikely because we were all raised to believe it.

Even now many sattelites and probes are destroyed or key components fail - the chances of everything going as well as it did on the first attempt are incredibly small - that doesnt mean it couldnt happen but if we look at it objectively a few doubts are not misplaced.

It also happened on a very tight schedule and seemed to be a large jump forward in their capabilities compared to the bunch of astronauts who fried in the test lander a few years earlier.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Oh for God's sake, how can people like this ^ even have the intelligence to breathe, let alone think?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
What makes you so sure that men did land there Tom other than the evidence presented?

(i'm not refuting the moon landings at all with that, just wonder what makes people vehemently believe that we did).

rynnor

Rockhound
Oh for God's sake, how can people like this ^ even have the intelligence to breathe, let alone think?

Believers or doubters? I try to keep an open mind on things - actually its people who are too certain of things that tend to lack intelligence - imagination and real intelligence are linked.

I dont understand why this is such am emotive thing for people - despite the hype nothing really changed after the moon landings - the russians continued to be russian, the space program was practically shelved - it was mostly a dead end? Good PR tho.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What makes you so sure that men did land there Tom other than the evidence presented?

(i'm not refuting the moon landings at all with that, just wonder what makes people vehemently believe that we did).

Because there is nothing to suggest they did not, and claims to the contrary are based entirely upon ignorance.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Believers or doubters? I try to keep an open mind on things - actually its people who are too certain of things that tend to lack intelligence - imagination and real intelligence are linked.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that just because you believe there is any doubt that Apollo 11 happened, that you're somehow 'more intelligent'.

The fact that you patently either do not understand the science behind the project, or have not bothered to look into any of the hoax myths—and they are myths—tells a very different tale.

rynnor

Rockhound
The fact that you patently either do not understand the science behind the project, or have not bothered to look into any of the hoax myths—and they are myths—tells a very different tale.

Big assumption - I have looked into the myths recently and many of them are extremely silly but none of that changes the basic fact of how difficult a manned moon landing would be with clunky 60s tech.

Lets turn it around and ask is there anything on the film that couldnt have been faked on earth and the answer is no.

I have no strong feelings either way but I dont see why people have to behave 'fanatically' about something so abstract?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Erm no, all of them are extremely silly, and yes it was difficult, and yes it should be celebrated because the USA spent what today would be about $135Bn getting there in the first place.

That's why I'm so 'fanatical' about it; it was one of the greatest achievements mankind has ever reached, and the stupid bloody people who keep these conspiracy theories going deserve nothing but contempt. And I'm not going to waste time trying to demonstrate that things couldn't be faked, because that's a typical conspiracy-theorist tactic to avoid answering the important questions.

It fucks me off. All conspiracy theorists do. They're mindless fools of the highest order.

rynnor

Rockhound
it was one of the greatest achievements mankind has ever reached

Was it? We have learned far more from unmanned probes - manned space exploration is largely vanity and a desperate attempt to get the average man on the street to relate to it so they wont think it a complete waste.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Anyone seen that fake picture of the moon landing with a magazine with Stanley Kubrick on the front cover laying on the ground? One of the lost pictures they found recently and decided to show.

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
surely it could all be put to rest by pointing a satelite/telescope thingy at the landing site? i mean if we can take pictures of distant galaxys surely it cant be too hard?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
I read they waited for everyone to fall asleep, and pulled the moon just next to our planet to make it easier to land on.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
surely it could all be put to rest by pointing a satelite/telescope thingy at the landing site? i mean if we can take pictures of distant galaxys surely it cant be too hard?

The landing sites are on the dark side. And yes, the Russians have verified it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
If you're going to debunk a conspiracy theory you can't take all your data from those who apparently conspired. You need a trusted third party - and in this case I can't think of one :)

because no matter who that third party is there will always be some stupid twat that wont trust it. usually the same persons that run around thinking the coverment have implanted stuff in his head just to spy and/or kill him, so he's gotta run around with a tinfoil hat.....

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
The landing sites are on the dark side. And yes, the Russians have verified it.
Please be sure of your facts.
ALL the Apollo landings are on the "near" side of the Moon.

landingsites_600.jpg

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
either way the russians have said it was legit. and at the time of appollo 11 they werent exactly close friends.

if Soviet would have even suspected it to be faked they would have gone to any length to prove it.

Soviet is the most waterproof evidence there is. because dont think for even a minute that they would have kept it quiet if they suspected it to be faked.

now i know that USA have tried to get away with some pretty funky shit, but this is just WAY to big to hire fucking hollywood for....

i mean, how the hell would they have done to keep THAT a secret? theres how many 10's of thousand ppl working in those studios?

its hard enough to keep a secret in USA as it is you know :) especially since half of their politics make a living selling secrets like that to the press...

theres just way way way to many risk factors involved here for it to be anything but legit. they just couldn't have been able to keep it a secret for long, let alone 40 bloody years.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I think we should put Ctuchik on the moon to confirm the veracity of the Apollo moon landings.

Suggestions for how we get him there?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
but i dont wanna go to the moon! theres no internet there!! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom