Rant Lost finale - SPOILERS

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
They were ALIVE while on the island. Fuck sake people, get with it! :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
*puts feet up and lights a cigar*

I worked that out after watching some of the first series, but I got bored thinking "I ain't watching this whole series to find out they're dead and in some sort of limbo". They didn't stretch this out for one but six seasons?

Glad I never wasted my time ;) :p

Sigh.

How many times?

THEY WERE NOT DEAD ALL ALONG. They died as they died, not from the initial crash.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Whether they died or not doesn't really matter to me if it's correct or not, it seems that's what a lot of people have construed from it and I'm glad I was at least close ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Whether they died or not doesn't really matter to me if it's correct or not, it seems that's what a lot of people have construed from it and I'm glad I was at least close ;)

You weren't, the people that have construed that have the IQ of a retard who has been beaten half to death and left in a vegetative state.

You were not close, you were not right. They were not dead all along.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You weren't, the people that have construed that have the IQ of a retard who has been beaten half to death and left in a vegetative state.

You were not close, you were not right. They were not dead all along.

Someone buy Chet an Ipad, he is showing his fanboyism....

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Not really Deebs, I don't think it was a fantastic series from start to finish, and I think they could have ended it better.

I am just taking a stand against retards.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So did they died?

Nope, 8 of them lived after the events on the island, they then reunite after their natural deaths at some point in the future.

Your assertion that the island was some kind of limbo is incorrect.

old.user4556

So I was half right that they all died?

I'm just fucking with you Chet ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I saw your last post coming, and was hoping for the lack of the disclaimer at the end. My evil plan to show you changing argument and out you as an alt of Toht lies in tatters :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I saw your last post coming, and was hoping for the lack of the disclaimer at the end. My evil plan to show you changing argument and out you as an alt of Toht lies in tatters :(

Don't mention Toht ffs. You ****.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Don't mention Toht ffs. You ****.

I've heard that if you say his name 3 times into a mirror that he will come and kill you via means of a never ending contradictory argument.

old.user4556

No no, a Toht argument would be:

"given that life is merely an illusion of electrical signals, how do you actually know they were alive? because your brain was telling you so? you can never be sure, therefore there is a possibility that the characters and indeed the actors were never alive in the first place".

Or something.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Fuck me. Two "actually, we're dead" story endings in a week.

Didn't mind the ending inasmuch as that was just the ending for the flash-sideways 'verse, but it still didn't explain anything about what exactly the fucking island is in the first place and why it needed looking after. I'm particularly annoyed as J.J.Abrams did say at the start that everything would be explained.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Surely the island is some kind of purgatory? How could they survive a crash like that?!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Surely the island is some kind of purgatory? How could they survive a crash like that?!

Unless you can get to purgatory by submarine (and leave it again), no, the island isn't purgatory.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
They did fuck it up with the alternate universe thingy on last season, thus had to explain the whole 6 seasons of the series around it.

To be honest, I think they didnt have a fukin clue about how to end the serie and came up with the "heaven" idea in season 6.

Would have been a billion times better to just stick with the island and explain its misteries than make a U turn and create a whole new serie just with season finale.

Any1 else thinks that you can pretty much see pilot episode and then straight to season 6 and get the whole serie?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Did the numbers story line get explained or was it only S6 with the numbers on the cave wall next to the names of the candidates?
Cause it got a bit "lost" (get it :D) after the numbers on the hatch door and the lottery numbers etc etc...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Did the numbers story line get explained or was it only S6 with the numbers on the cave wall next to the names of the candidates?
Cause it got a bit "lost" (get it :D) after the numbers on the hatch door and the lottery numbers etc etc...

The numbers appear everywhere in Lost in some form or another.
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Numbers

The Numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 are the core values of the Valenzetti Equation, a mathematical formula designed to predict the end of humanity. The numbers in actuality are said to represent human and environmental factors in the equation, though their precise meaning is uncertain

The numbers of Lost
Oceanic Flight 815 Passengers 72 Initial survivors (71 humans and Vincent the dog) 50 Island deaths 7 Known survivors 16 Status unknown 4 8 15 16 23 42 The Magic Numbers 4 Years of John Locke's paralysis 15 Gate number of Ajira Airlines flight 16 Age of Jack's first solo surgery patient 23 Survivors from 815's midsection 42 Kate's number 108 Sum of Magic Numbers 108 Hatch countdown clock 2342 Hurley's Sydney hotel room number 2342 The auction block number for the Black Rock diary 4 8 15 16 23 42 Desmond's computer code

But no they never really explained them

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Stolen from another forum

wtzBE.gif

sayward

Resident Freddy
For various reasons have only just watched this. Managed to avoid all the FH posts too. Having now read them I can only surmise that the same writers wrote Lost and Ashes to Ashes?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Stolen from another forum

wtzBE.gif

Is it bad to watch that over and over?

I thought the ending was a bit meh really, its as if they just thought, right, that's enough of that. Too many questions unanswered which really could have been in the last series. which felt stretched out at times.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
It has ceased to be about the island sometime ago really, it was more about the characters. Probably because the characters made sense and the island ... well, none really.

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
Personally loved the ending, but nvm that I'm posting because this pic made me fall of my chair!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom