Rant Lost finale - SPOILERS

Chilly

Balls of steel
fuuu-.png

I think that sums up my reaction to the "finale" of lose. What a fucking dog turd of an ending.

So they are all dead? That's *almost* as bad as the "and it was alllll a dream" ending. Fucking *****, give me my six years back.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I never watched lost, can you give me a short synopsis of the whole storyline? ^^

Yaka

Part of the furniture
think the the flash side ways stuff leading up to the church happens years later after all have diead. tbh its a far better ending than i thought theyd give us.

take the end of the sopranos for example it all gets bloody chars getting killed of then it ends like the fucking waltons

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I fucking knew they had no idea where to go with this. No explanation as to what the fuck the island was, no explanation as to what the light was. Why unplugging the cork fucked things up, why putting it back made things better, why Jacob had special powers, or the lady before him, why his brother getting chucked down there made him in to the smoke. Why resurrecting people made them "change" or get "sick". Good lord what a massive pile of vague shite.

Gah, fucking shit wankers.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I said it in OT, I'll say it here. You are all deluded fools, did Sopranos, BSG etc teach you nothing? You were never going to get a full explanation. They left it to the viewers imagination, and good on them, they were never going to please everyone.

Also quite a few people are saying how shit it is that they were dead all along..... seriously, wtf? Do people pay no attention what so ever? Guess it shows how stupid so many people are that they cannot even grasp a basic storyline.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
agree with ch3ts, maybe the jacob stuff had some angle on the lost tribes of jacob stuff/jibberish

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I thought it was a lot of seriously lazy script writing. The episode with the mother pretty much determined that the ending would be crap.

It is pretty apparent that rather than plotting a story arc down to the smallest detail, thay had a vague idea of where they wanted to be in the final series, ran out of time and rushed it. Complete waste really.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
The only thing they explained was the "flash sideways" stuff. The mysteries of the island are still mysteries and all of the time I've spent watching Lost has been completely wasted.

I hope the writers never get hired for anything else ever again.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I never watched lost, can you give me a short synopsis of the whole storyline? ^^

they crashed with a plane on some dodgy island, they thought they survived.

they didnt.

the end...

Tom

I am a FH squatter

they didnt.

the end...

They did survive. The alternative flashes in the last season were to the lives of those that didn't. The ones still alive on the island joined them after they died, at some point in the future. This is why Hurley said that Ben was a "good number 2, dude".

dysfunction

FH is my second home

they didnt.

the end...

I don't think that's what happened at all but thats just me...

I think Jack died on the island after being stabbed. The pilot, Miles, Kate and Sawyer all flew the jet off the island and went home and died later on.

Hurley protected the island with Ben and died eventually.

They all died at various times and then they went to some kind of waiting room world, which was the alternate world, which had no time. Once they had resolved their issues they realized what had happened and were ready to move on. No telling how long that took.

Kate says "I've missed you" because she presumably lived without Jack for a time after leaving the island but in the alternative world she had forgotten it all like everyone else had.

Hurley tells Ben he was a great number 2 because they actually served on the island in the real world for a time.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think that's what happened at all but thats just me...

I think Jack died on the island after being stabbed. The pilot, Miles, Kate and Sawyer all flew the jet off the island and went home and died later on.

Hurley protected the island with Ben and died eventually.

They all died at various times and then they went to some kind of waiting room world, which was the alternate world, which had no time. Once they had resolved their issues they realized what had happened and were ready to move on. No telling how long that took.

Kate says "I've missed you" because she presumably lived without Jack for a time after leaving the island but in the alternative world she had forgotten it all like everyone else had.

Hurley tells Ben he was a great number 2 because they actually served on the island in the real world for a time.

That is pretty much it, yes. Not suprising that a lot of people missed those points though, as I said, it was very rushed and badly written.

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
Shame really. They delivered what they intended to do and I guess it makes sense to an extent but a lot of people got lost (boom-tish) on the way and were expecting Lost to be about the island and its sci-fi elements. Now this hasn't happened people aren't happy.

I enjoyed Lost all the way until the last moment because I liked its mystery and magical stuff. I guess I didn't read the small print and so the product I purchased with my time wasn't exactly what it said on the tin.

I don't believe in an afterlife / heaven / purgatory etc so I cant relate or delve into how it ended.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It wasn't a bad ending, but compared to 24's ending it sucked big ones.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I enjoyed the ending me and my GF always had 2 ideas as to what was happening

1. They were dead already

2. It was some kind of weird virtual reality.

We are still wondering why Daniel Faraday or whatever you spell it didn't go to heaven and why his mother asked that they wouldn't take him.

A weird but wonderful ending to a great series, definatly a series you would have to watch twice or so to get a full understanding of just what happened.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Also I think everyone should remember the writers have stated previously that is originally planned for a 3 season story arc, and that the ending was known from the start. So the clearly knew how they wanted it to end, but you can never please everyone.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Also I think everyone should remember the writers have stated previously that is originally planned for a 3 season story arc, and that the ending was known from the start.

They also claimed that everything could be explained scientifically, so they're not above talking out of their rectum.

Cyradix

FH is my second home

Which - given the fact that the island guardians don't age - could have lasted several hundred years. And as a result so did the alternate lives thingie... while still waiting for Jack to die....
Think about it :D

dysfunction

FH is my second home
They were not waiting for Jack to die. He died before Kate and Sawyer etc.

AND time has no meaning in that alternative place so it makes no difference if Hurley lived for 10,000 years it may have seemed like 5 minutes for all the rest that died long before him...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
This is one time I'm happy to read the spoilers as I have no intention of watching this series through :D

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I watched the first 4 eps once.
In the opening scene of ep1, a bloke is walking along a beach and the plane fades into view behind him.

I thought "They're all dead, the end". Seems I was right.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
So they are all dead?

*puts feet up and lights a cigar*

I worked that out after watching some of the first series, but I got bored thinking "I ain't watching this whole series to find out they're dead and in some sort of limbo". They didn't stretch this out for one but six seasons?

Glad I never wasted my time ;) :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
They weren't all dead from the start. They still lived out their lives on the retarded magical island, it's just when they died they moved to some timeless purgatory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom