Lord of the rings online...

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
We are constantly updating and testing the load on the server, new code... new limits :)

Keep trying ;)

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
I was going to try the stress but the client download was too large and slow for me so I didn't.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
We are constantly updating and testing the load on the server, new code... new limits :)

Keep trying ;)

Think i'l pass. i wont get to keep the character i level up anyway so why bother :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Chuttik just likes to whine, ignore him

Gonna give it a spin again on 2nd nov

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I know why, but i have 9 sub 30 characters already, i can't be arsed to level up one more only to have it being deleted :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
They are taking their bloody time to open the rest of the servers...

4 of them have been open for well over an hour now.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Thing:
massively.com said:
massively.com said:
by Justin Olivetti on Jun 6th 2012 11:45AMFantasy, Lord of the Rings Online, Free-to-play, Promotions0

Is it one digital distribution service to rule them all? Starting today, Lord of the Rings Online is now available to download from Steam. To add incentive for using the service, Steam is offering a special starter pack for players looking to step foot into the game for the first time -- or free-to-play vets eager for a good deal.

The LotRO Steam starter pack will outfit an adventurer with an exclusive mount, an XP-boost token that delivers 25% extra XP on monster kills up until level 65, and 1,000 Turbine Points to spend in the game's store. The deal also includes three zone quest packs -- North Downs, Evendim, and Misty Mountains -- which covers levels 21-50.

Currently the starter pack is 50% off at $14.99, which makes the combined offerings a good deal if you lack the quest packs and want to shore up your leveling experience.

[Thanks to Brian for the tip!]

Tags: deal, f2p, fantasy, free-to-play, lord-of-the-rings, lord-of-the-rings-online, lotro, promotion, starter-pack, steam, steam-starter-pack, turbine, turbine-entertainment, turbine-points

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
svartalf, do you work for massively? or do you just like spreading information about games? :)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I've always liked LOTRO, nice pve. just a shame the pvp was always a bolt on after thought..

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Expansion beta
massively.com said:
LotRO: Riders of Rohan beta invites ride forth from Turbine
by Justin Olivetti on Jul 13th 2012 9:00PMBetas, Fantasy, Lord of the Rings Online, Expansions, Free-to-play0

According to reports from our readers, beta invites for Lord of the Rings Online's upcoming expansion are zipping across the electronic highways and into players' inboxes. The invite email that was forwarded to Massively mentioned testing dates of July 18th and July 20th:From 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, July 18, 2012, help us push the limits of LotRO! Get your first look at Rohan! Cross the Great River from Parth Celebrant and follow the road south through the Wold to the city of Langhold. Your first quest will be available in this city. Spend a couple hours exploring LotRO's newest regions, check out the new quests, admire the great scenery and battle your way through its newest creatures!

From 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Friday, July 20, 2012, help us push the limits of LotRO! Get your first look at Mounted Combat! Go to Elthengels in the Norcrofts and prepare to fight from horseback in the open plains of Eastern Rohan!Riders of Rohan is releasing on September 5th. Massively recently got hands-on time with mounted combat in the expansion and was quite impressed!

[Thanks to Ron for the tip!]

Tags: beta, beta-invite, beta-invites, closed-beta, expansion, f2p, fantasy, free-to-play, lord-of-the-rings, lord-of-the-rings-online, lotro, mounted-combat, riders-of-rohan, rohan, ror, turbine, turbine-entertainment

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
just a shame the pvp was always a bolt on after thought..
It wasn't a bolt on afterthought. It was just badly implemented. Freeps can't go to the pvp zones until close to the level cap but you can roll a monster after level 20 iirc and instantly pvp at cap level...

So they had to balance the inevitable monster zergs to be weaker then the freeps. Just that they didn't rebalance it properly once the freep pvp population caught up.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Is the game still largely pointless?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i popped into it once it went F2P, it seemed the case that either youre in a guild doing STUFF, or you dont get a look in, played a bit over a few days, no groups or anything like that , kept seeing guild groups, so gave up

rynnor

Rockhound
Raven said:

Not sure I understand that tbh - whats the point of any MMO?

Crafters craft, raiders raid, questers quest, pvpers go pvp?

Turamber

Part of the furniture

As rynnor says, isn't that the case for all games? In fact most of human existence. And yes, I'm sitting here on a Sunday afternoon doing a tax return - so I speak from experience.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well, To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Well, To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiH3_p4F0oo

A standard or symbol, perhaps on a shield
Two snakes together, facing each other

Crush your enemies seen driven before you!
Hear the lamentation of their women!

Crom! Strong! On! His Mountain!
Crom! Strong! On! His Mountain!
(repeat)

My father died for the riddle of steel
From gods of the sky, darkness of chaos

(chorus)

He laughs at your winds, he laughs from his mountain
I seldom pray, he doesn't listen

(chorus x2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom