Lord of the rings online...

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
I began playing for free on the US servers but it is very laggy sometimes, but fun. I'm playing on the recommended server (can't remember the name) if anyone wanna say hi i am playing an elf guardian named Arselos.

Does anyone know if there is a way to patch my client so it can run the european servers?

Not the fault of CM... which is a shame :(

Hopefully news will come out in the coming week(s)

F2P is available in the US, but the EU are running several Welcome Back Week style events.. so download the client and hop in game ;)
You are sure about this? Because after i read your post i tried to look it up but i couldn't find anything about it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i even checked my COG account but it had a firm CLOSED on my lotro account status, and no option to reactivate other then for a fee :)

i have also never got an email about any such events.

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
welcome back week events arent free, they usual mean 5% xp bonus and free horse travel

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
lol, thats some really sad event if it's true :)

who the hell is resubbing for an extra 5% xp? >.<

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I just heard it's only F2P if you're on American servers.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
I began playing for free on the US servers but it is very laggy sometimes, but fun. I'm playing on the recommended server (can't remember the name) if anyone wanna say hi i am playing an elf guardian named Arselos.

Does anyone know if there is a way to patch my client so it can run the european servers?

You are sure about this? Because after i read your post i tried to look it up but i couldn't find anything about it.

Improved XP rate and I believe the community team are still running 'troll events' as well. I dont work in Community though, so can't say for sure when the troll will pop onto the servers.

Official Welcome Back Week ended like a week ago, but there will likely be another before F2P comes to Europe.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I liked this game at first, but some of the turns they took with Tolkien lore were beyond the pale. They seemed to want to take the game away from the lore and make it into just another epic loot hunt. Zzzzz.

Real shame as the burglar class was the best class I've played in any MMOG.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not sure why anyone would bother coming back for a 5% exp bonus... In saying that the game is good so I would recommend people at least give it a go, though obviously I am still new to the game, at level 40 now.

The problem I find is that it is completely empty in the level 30 areas, I probably bump into 1-2 people an hour so there is no way you can get the group quests done unless you solo them later on. Not that any of the rewards are any good though, crafted stuff is far superior to the quest rewards, at least so far anyway.

Really enjoying the story quests, obviously you get the "go over there and kill 15 of these" but there are a lot which follow a decent story.

Syri

FH is my second home
I just heard it's only F2P if you're on American servers.

Yep, Codemasters are dragging their heels on converting the EU service over. They never bothered to convert D&DO over, so everyone abandoned the EU servers. Maybe they're tired of running the LotR servers, and want to let them go the same way...
There's no ip block on Turbine's servers btw, so anyone can sign up and get an account there. Just need to have a suitable payment method if you plan to buy anything from their store.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
think i'l bite the bullet and resub for a month when i get paid again, and if theres a noticable population i might just stick around for a while.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Still not free for EU? Was gonna take a look at my old char but meh if that's the case. Is there any kind of armory/database online for chars btw?

I played way before any expansions n just whored the first raid instance they implemented was a min/maxer on my char so curious what he has :)

Afran

Part of the furniture
Searching for "Afran"...

No players or characters with that name found.

;<

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
did some more digging around, and aparently the "wiki" link needs to be manually updated by the owner of the characters, and the my lotro.com link only seem to work for US servers.

so that would mean we don't have one for the EU servers.

go go codemasters :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Got to level 43 and given up. Can't quite put my finger on it but it's just getting boring. Maybe its the gap between interesting story missions, which at lower levels came fast. Without decent quests its just quest grinding with no real aim or goal. May pick it up again after trying cataclysm out.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I got to lvl11 and enjoyed it up to then, but I saw no real reward for going any higher I had less motivation each lvl up. I liked the idea of playing in the LoTr world, probably better with friends playing.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
trying the game now... currently lvl 11..

still no pvp :<

it's a proper game but deffinitly lacks funding

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't think there is any real PvP as such, just some silly monster play that I keep hearing about. Who would you fight anyway? :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Who would you fight anyway? :)

as a monster player? the ppl that leveled up their characters.

the pvp CAN be quite fun at times. it's just a tad hard to find a time where both sides are equal in power.

or at least was when i played.

and the pvp in lotro is as real as the lore allow.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Emails should be going out similar to this...

Register today to participate in the European Preview Event and receive 500 Points to spend when the European Free to Play service goes live!

The Preview Event gives you a chance to see how the new Free to Play update works for The Lord of the Rings Online. You will be given Points to use in the LOTRO store during the Preview Event.

We look forward to seeing you in Middle-earth very soon!

The Codemasters Online Team.

More information will be coming in the next week, reference EU F2P.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well i resubbed, and it took the game a whole 10 minutes before it managed to BSOD my windows 7.

I'm fucking impressed, didn't realize something could be that badly coded.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Never had a crash on win 7. Driver issue?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
No idea, i flung a fireball on my loremaster and the PC BSOD'd when it hit the mob...

But i've never had any issues with any of my other games.

And then ofc there's the issue of the game not even starting every once in a while. have to keep trying a few times first.

And that issue i have with DDO aswell.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Just tried a Skirmish for the first time.

They are pretty damn fun.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Seems there are scam mails like this also goin around out there since i recived two of them to my hotmail wich is only registered on my "old" guildsite and not on my game account.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Seems there are scam mails like this also goin around out there since i recived two of them to my hotmail wich is only registered on my "old" guildsite and not on my game account.

Fafnir, if you could PM me a copy/paste of email you suspect is fake... I can try get the site closed and make people aware.

Thanks in advance,

Dreamor :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Fafnir, if you could PM me a copy/paste of email you suspect is fake... I can try get the site closed and make people aware.

Thanks in advance,

Dreamor :)
Managed to delete it yesterday with the other 10 Cataclysm beta invites, Guild forum is on wowstead same as with my wow guildforum.

And the mail was sent from a lordofthering@gmail.com or something like it adress.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
nov 2nd f2p launch date.

tried the "beta" client but only managed to play for about an hour and then got kicked, tried logging back on and were in a 4000 ppl queue....

one server just doesn't cut it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom