Looks like my cat is gonna croak :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Green is a colour in the rainbow. Therefore, this qualifies:

0.jpg

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Sorry to hear that Scouse :(

Two years ago, our two family cats started to piss all over the apartment and showing of that the candle was about to burn out. They were both about 13 years old. My parents took them to our summer house, where they've been out every summer through out their lives to let them have a last run around. After a couple of days they took both of them to the vet and got them put down. I was gutted.

This tuesday my girlfriend and I had to pass on the dog that we were supposed to be sitting for the next nine months. The woman who lives in the apartment beneath us had complained to our landlord(we are not allowed to keep pets), so our landlord ringed us up and said that he had recieved the complaint and that we had to give it up or find somewhere else to live. He was really nice about it, but rules are rules etc. We only had him for about a month, but he has already taken a huge place in both of our hearts. Atleast he lives on, but it fucking sucks giving up pets. You don't understand them, and yet you do..

I know we've talked briefly about pets in my Aquascape thread Scouse, but I know what you are going through mate. All my feels are with you. I hope your cat won't suffer and hope that you get to say your goodbye before it passes

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ill start with the cat part , ive never had a cat in my life but next door let thier kitten out at 5 months old and the thing was bloody tiny , the left it out all night so i started taking it in ,l couldnt leave it outside cos it was getting picked on by fully grown cats , anyway they have since moved and i still have her , i never ever thought it take to a cat but shes lovely.

Now the dog part , ive been through this 4 times in my life and i can honestly say i cried my eyes out every single time , the hardest one was my 2 year old lurcher that my dad decided to take out for a walk while i was at work and she chased a pheasant onto the road and got knocked over , that was 8 months ago and im still not over her. Sam i had for just under 13 years and he was brilliant , he has always lively apart from the last week of his life when he was ill , he seemed fine on his final morning but had a fit later on in the day , going to down to the vets i knew he wasnt coming back , that 15 minute journey was the longest of my life , that was 3 years ago and i still miss him.

Great post, I have empathy for you.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Ill start with the cat part , ive never had a cat in my life but next door let thier kitten out at 5 months old and the thing was bloody tiny , the left it out all night so i started taking it in ,l couldnt leave it outside cos it was getting picked on by fully grown cats , anyway they have since moved and i still have her , i never ever thought it take to a cat but shes lovely.

Now the dog part , ive been through this 4 times in my life and i can honestly say i cried my eyes out every single time , the hardest one was my 2 year old lurcher that my dad decided to take out for a walk while i was at work and she chased a pheasant onto the road and got knocked over , that was 8 months ago and im still not over her. Sam i had for just under 13 years and he was brilliant , he has always lively apart from the last week of his life when he was ill , he seemed fine on his final morning but had a fit later on in the day , going to down to the vets i knew he wasnt coming back , that 15 minute journey was the longest of my life , that was 3 years ago and i still miss him.

feels.png

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, she took the 3 minute trip to the vets today. She's now nice and comfy in a shoe box until I can dig a hole and buy an apple tree (Monday). :(

There was a gorgeous black kitten at the vets that was dangled rather uncermoniously in front of us as we walked in. I'm not naive enough to think it was coincidental - but it was the spit of my cat as a youngster.

My missus wanted to say yes but kept her gob shut because of what we were there to do. I said no but introduced them before mine was put down - she surprisingly liked that.

So. The question is: Do I change my mind?

opticle

Part of the furniture
Sorry to hear it mate :( But she's in a better place now.

Wait and see how you feel about another - some people want to move straight on to a new one, others like to take their time and have a little break to grieve. There's no right or wrong, its all down to how you feel

:manhug:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So, she took the 3 minute trip to the vets today. She's now nice and comfy in a shoe box until I can dig a hole and buy an apple tree (Monday). :(

There was a gorgeous black kitten at the vets that was dangled rather uncermoniously in front of us as we walked in. I'm not naive enough to think it was coincidental - but it was the spit of my cat as a youngster.

My missus wanted to say yes but kept her gob shut because of what we were there to do. I said no but introduced them before mine was put down - she surprisingly liked that.

I would leave it a few weeks mate.

opticle

Part of the furniture
No she's not. She's in a shoe box in a room downstairs.

But thanks for the sympathy tho m8 - I do appreciate it ;)

Sorry - I forgot the "sky above" thing :) Regardless, she's free of pain and discomfort now. It was her time and she had a fantastic innings - I've never known or heard of anyone having a cat live so long. You should be proud. :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sorry about your Cat Scouse
Do your tree first, otherwise you'll probably feel weird.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I still havent taken the step to get another, even though russ keeps on at me about it, cos her 2 are so adorable (cats i mean, b4 you all start) its been nearly 3 yrs

Sorry for your loss Scouse

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I actually just got quite upset thinking about taking my Rabbit to be put down.

That's fucking horrible bud, sympathies for you and the missus :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh I'd wait a wee while mate. Just make sure you are ready and all that.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Haven't you got a hand to fuck or something?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Tis a prevalence of the feline variety in our streets that has lead to the dwindling of the birds in our gardens ...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah it is totally not the pesticides used that kill all the birds food is it? Before cats were about, it won't have anything to do with the fact that birds have far less habitat than they used to! birds had other predators, predators that kill a fuck load more birds than cats do... we killed them off too btw.

Anyway, time and a place to be a spastic. Choose better.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You're on a PC, you're damaging the environment every day, stfu, go be eco warriors on another thread you bunch of cunts.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
No she's not. She's in a shoe box in a room downstairs.
If you're leaving it a few days, what will you do about the smell? I recently came across a rabbit that was dead no more than 12 hours and it had already begun to smell pretty bad.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It sucks Scouse, but after a week or two it'll get better. If I were you I'd wait until next spring for a new cat.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Sorry Scouse :(, at least he / she's not in pain any more though.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sad, but good innings.

And twats in the thread, infraction finger poised so pack it in please.

RIP :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tis a prevalence of the feline variety in our streets that has lead to the dwindling of the birds in our gardens ...

It's certainly added to it - but it's a pathetic amount of damage compared to habitat destruction and pesticide use.

Edit: Twats in the thread? Derailment is part of life. Like I've argued in all those "police lock people up for stupid facebook post" threads - we get to call them cunts - which is good enough for me :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I saw something ont'internet once about cats and birds. When you look at the numbers it becomes clear that cats are responsible for a very, very small number of overall bird deaths. Mine catches about one every 2-3 years (compared to a mouse a month). One site I read estimated that in the USA, cats kill up to 500M birds annually. A big number, until you realise that there are around 10bn birds in the USA.

rynnor

Rockhound
No-one really understands why birds whose habitat hasnt really changed much are still plummeting in numbers - the RSPB has studied it but without any convincing data coming out.

Who knows currently?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I saw something ont'internet once about cats and birds. When you look at the numbers it becomes clear that cats are responsible for a very, very small number of overall bird deaths. Mine catches about one every 2-3 years (compared to a mouse a month). One site I read estimated that in the USA, cats kill up to 500M birds annually. A big number, until you realise that there are around 10bn birds in the USA.

I saw a tweet from 'Wow facts of life' the other day that said:

"Over 10,000 birds die each year from smashing into windows."

Unsure where that is, but relevant to your bird death post.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
No-one really understands why birds whose habitat hasnt really changed much are still plummeting in numbers - the RSPB has studied it but without any convincing data coming out.

Who knows currently?

I would put money on it having to do with huge changes in habitat and loss of food supply - mainly, insects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom