Looks like my cat is gonna croak :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Stomach and intestinal cancer. Just said goodbye to her.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Aw @Tom. That sucks. Really sorry to hear that m8 :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I wondered if taking this picture was the right thing to do, but now I'm glad I did. This is her tucked up in a blanket at the vet, after she was put to sleep. She went in my arms, very quickly, with a little groan as her head dropped for the last time. The vet let me stay in the room as long as I wanted. Actually getting up and leaving her is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

I keep thinking of that scene in Derek where the dog is put to sleep. That was pretty much me.

PXL_20210504_141858977.jpg

All they ask for is to be loved, kept warm and fed. And they give so much back. It isn't fair they live so quickly.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sorry to hear that, nothing that could be done, and you obviously did your best for her.

Looking after any animal can be hard, they live such short lives but so long as you did your best for her then be happy that you gave her a good life. Many animals don't have that.

I lost my cat a couple of years ago through cancer, he was semi feral when we got him, but I know he had the best life he could have and was happy, in as far as cats can be happy. It's hard, and it is real grief, pets become part of the family. The other cat (his brother from a different mother) is on his last legs now too.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Looking at old photos she was actually 17, I got the dates mixed up. This was her shortly after I got her, to keep my other cat company (whose sister had been run over and killed). That other cat was also run over a couple of years later.

DSC03406.JPG

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
17's a pretty good age for a cat :)

I won't risk getting another cat for company for this one. This one seems really happy and my experience is that some cats simply don't like other cats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom