Looks like my cat is gonna croak :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
25 and a half years old.

She's taken to sitting in the shower, licking up the occasional drip, the daft bat.

Heard a commotion about half an hour ago and she was having what I can only describe as a fit. She's calmed down now, lying rather limp on a cushion next to me. Still trying to meow at me and doing the blink thing when she sees my face.

If there's no improvement by this afternoon it may be time for a visit to the vets :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The vet will come to you if you ask nicely. Far better for your cat to die at home than in some surgery somewhere.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
harsh. I thought you were stuck with perpetual cat Scouse. good luck mate :(

opticle

Part of the furniture
Sorry to hear it mate. It sounds like she may have had a stroke :(

It's so sad when you lose a pet, its like losing a member of the family. 25 years is incredible.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If the kitty ain't in pain, could let her die naturally. Many times they want to get out and just head off to die in a somewhat heroic movie way.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If the kitty ain't in pain, could let her die naturally. Many times they want to get out and just head off to die in a somewhat heroic movie way.

Cat's have a massive pain and discomfort threshold, they do not show that they are suffering unless they can help it.

Sorry to hear that Scouse, the best bet is to take her to the vet or see if the vet can come out to you and get her checked out.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah not the thread to talk about other things anyway, knowing Scouse he doesn't need advice on it, nor take it ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, don't cats run away to die anyway?

They can if they can move. Mine's relatively immobile right now. I don't feed her milk but she's just drunk a mahoosive bowl of it - which is at least a positive.

Right now I'm thinking vets later tonight tbfh - but I'll give her a little time as she's not suffering. :(

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
My cat went off to die, never saw her again, never found her. She was 19

Sorry to hear Scouse, its not a nice thing to have to do

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Sorry to hear Scouse. I had to take one of my own to the vet, and it turned out he had a tumour in his stomach. Never felt as bad in my life as I did leaving the vets. In fairness, the vet said I could have a few minutes to say goodbye but I was proper balling. I love cats :(

Punishment

Resident Freddy
25 and a half years old.

She's taken to sitting in the shower, licking up the occasional drip, the daft bat.

Heard a commotion about half an hour ago and she was having what I can only describe as a fit. She's calmed down now, lying rather limp on a cushion next to me. Still trying to meow at me and doing the blink thing when she sees my face.

If there's no improvement by this afternoon it may be time for a visit to the vets :(

Sounds like whe is having mini strokes scouse, this is what got my poor lab :(

In 2-3 months he went from

This (His usual happy self)
resizeimage1434855200.jpg

To This (I have a picture that makes his condition alot more obvious but i can't bring myself to look at it)
resizeimage1435765188.jpg

Sad way to see a pet go, we just didn't know what to look out for :(

opticle

Part of the furniture
Sounds like whe is having mini strokes scouse, this is what got my poor lab :(

Sad way to see a pet go, we just didn't know what to look out for :(

Sorry to hear it mate :( You couldn't have done anything else - knowing what to look for wouldn't have really helped other than for you to be more aware of it all - its just ageing and the passage of time. :/

Sar

Part of the furniture
Aye, sorry to hear it Scouse m8. We've 3 cats, and a dog atm. We did have 2 dogs, but a similar thing happened with our female Cavalier earlier this year (she was nearly 15), and we had to have her put to sleep. Broke our fucking hearts tbh :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
how are we doing there Scousebacon?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
25 and a half, that's a fucking good run, hope my cat makes it that long. My sympathies dude.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
25 cat years is what in human? 147? Had a good innings. Gone to the big scratching post in the sky. My condolences.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
25 years, that's fucking insane. Sorry to hear that mind, we lost our cat to cancer at only 4 years old last year, can't imagine what it's like with having him/her for so long.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
They become one of the family.

I've never got on with cats, but I can empathise.

I loved my old dog to bits, and when he died I missed him. Strange thing was, I never once cried. Still haven't. I think because he had such a good life, there was only happy memories. Nothing bad. No guilt. None of "if only I'd said that or did that" with people. Truth be told I still miss him, and talk about him loads, remembering the little things. It doesn't make me sad, just happy, and I smile at the good times. If only the passing of a human loved one was that simple./

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
(Maybe I'll put a collar round my wife, and drag her round the park to shit. Then when she bites the postman, I'll whack her over the head with the spade, bury her in the garden, and I won't feel sad after)

Fweddy

FH is my second home
My condolences Scouse, it really is losing one of the family.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
They become one of the family.

I've never got on with cats, but I can empathise.

I loved my old dog to bits, and when he died I missed him. Strange thing was, I never once cried. Still haven't. I think because he had such a good life, there was only happy memories. Nothing bad. No guilt. None of "if only I'd said that or did that" with people. Truth be told I still miss him, and talk about him loads, remembering the little things. It doesn't make me sad, just happy, and I smile at the good times. If only the passing of a human loved one was that simple./
Plenty of nice dogs out there that need a home.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Tough news scouse :(
Lost a few cats in my time, never easy. 25 years is a damn good innings though, you should get a letter from the queen for that :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
People who don't have pets to lose will never understand the grief suffered by those who do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom