looking for mid gank videos

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by old.anubis
give shamans better mend line (like bards/friars or smth like this) and they will spec for healing, not interrupting

What exactly makes the friar rejuv-line superior to the shaman-line? Hell, the shaman-line contains more spell then the friar-line. Also the various frigs a shaman has are MUCH better then the friar has.

You're probably talking about groupheals. Well: Friars dont have that in their spec-lines, bards have.

Problem is shamans will NEVER spec for mending in serious RvR groups because:

a) They need end-regen in Augmentation spec. Probably going 42 for end-5

b) Insta PBAoE-disease is such a nice tool, you want it. Go atleast 27 cave.

Restpoints go into mending.. Leaving you with the same healing capabilties of your avg. allround specced friar. + frigs.

By all means: Pick up the challenge and go play Albion or Hibernia for a while. Preferably Albion. And see how hard it is to get as much healing power, useful utility and dmg-output in your RvR-group as a typical Mid-ganksquad does now.

Z

zoia

Originally posted by Pin
ooooo, ooooo... am I in it? :D
Maybe i should have recorded the little duel we had.
Where you dropped your buffs and didn't levi me after slam.
You know, the one where i used IP and FA2 and still lost. :(

Nah, i wanna show where i wtfpwn people. :D
That's why it takes so long to make this.
Thanks for the tip Whisperess, it worked now. ;)

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by tildson
I see that you are pretty clueless, no point taking this further

explain then, what is the name of the chanter you played when you owned JH/NP grp? what tactics did you use?

P

Pin

Originally posted by zoia
Maybe i should have recorded the little duel we had.
Where you dropped your buffs and didn't levi me after slam.
You know, the one where i used IP and FA2 and still lost. :(

I didn't slam either ;)

V

vintervargen

a duel with a skald and a shield tank, the outcome is pretty clear i think?

D

Driwen

Originally posted by vintervargen

zoia/pin werent talking about who should win though ;)

Z

zoia

Pin is not a tank. He's a hybrid. :p
But yes, i kinda knew how it would end.
Even heros and armsmen are easier than him. Pallies too :) (takes them much longer to kill me)

T

tildson

explain then, what is the name of the chanter you played when you owned JH/NP grp? what tactics did you use?

We usually win vs that group, only hard one is BaF and Dem Hibbies.

I have a chanter named Sofragile on Prydwen though :)

V

vintervargen

We usually win vs that group, only hard one is BaF and Dem Hibbies.

I have a chanter named Sofragile on Prydwen though :)

what made DH so good was the void debuffer afaik, not chanters.

and ah, prydwen. comparing MM to JH are we?

T

tildson

what made DH so good was the void debuffer afaik, not chanters.

and ah, prydwen. comparing MM to JH are we?

More like FL, PE

DH also interupted our support with ASD meanwhile they pbae'd, something the chanters dont do today.

You honestly believe a good hibgroup contains 2mana elds and a bunch of tanks/support?

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
What exactly makes the friar rejuv-line superior to the shaman-line? Hell, the shaman-line contains more spell then the friar-line. Also the various frigs a shaman has are MUCH better then the friar has.

You're probably talking about groupheals. Well: Friars dont have that in their spec-lines, bards have.

Problem is shamans will NEVER spec for mending in serious RvR groups because:

a) They need end-regen in Augmentation spec. Probably going 42 for end-5

b) Insta PBAoE-disease is such a nice tool, you want it. Go atleast 27 cave.

Restpoints go into mending.. Leaving you with the same healing capabilties of your avg. allround specced friar. + frigs.

tell me you dont know the difference between friggs and hot?

the thing is if shaman had smth like spec group heal (16 26 36 mend etc) they could spec aug/mend, not just fotm aug/cave. pbae disease or 36 lvl groupheal is kinda fair tradeoff
maybe then ppl will invite 2 shamans in a group (aug/mend + mend/cave), who knows
now shaman mend line sux, it's the worst out there
so shamans have to spec for that pbae fart you all whine so much

By all means: Pick up the challenge and go play Albion or Hibernia for a while. Preferably Albion. And see how hard it is to get as much healing power, useful utility and dmg-output in your RvR-group as a typical Mid-ganksquad does now.

more than 50% of bc plays on albion atm, they dont complain much
i personally wont go there, not if i dont like albion, just midgard is my home

and i played a bard for a couple of weeks last fall on us (by patches it was like our winter or so). never seen such a cheat realm.

A

ab_fluid

the thing is if shaman had smth like spec group heal (16 26 36 mend etc) they could spec aug/mend, not just fotm aug/cave. pbae disease or 36 lvl groupheal is kinda fair tradeoff
maybe then ppl will invite 2 shamans in a group (aug/mend + mend/cave), who knows
now shaman mend line sux, it's the worst out there

and i played a bard for a couple of weeks last fall on us (by patches it was like our winter or so). never seen such a cheat realm.

wardens get no spec heals, no HoT's, most wardens spec 33 or 42 reg, so tbh, i'll swap my healing line for shamens any day

V

vintervargen

More like FL, PE

DH also interupted our support with ASD meanwhile they pbae'd, something the chanters dont do today.

You honestly believe a good hibgroup contains 2mana elds and a bunch of tanks/support?

hehe, you think DH just stopped playing? the pbaoers play in vgn now, as most of the others too afaik.

and we werent talking about alb tank groups, we were talking about savages and 3 healers.

H

hotrat

Notice how AoE str/con debuffs, ST str debuffs, ST dex/qui debuffs etc dont interrupt from a sorc.
Imagine if they did, would be so overpowered :D

For this groupsetup, you dont need another aughealer, nor pac, so 2nd spread heal, nice instas, and BACKUP cc.
(I got same insta aemezz as zorena, 2nd best aemezz cast)
Nice that you can run with 3 cc classes then, alb is totally reliant on the sorc, well unless you count the single target mezz the minstrel has, but even your mend/aug healer has a single target mezz :rolleyes:

T

tildson

hehe, you think DH just stopped playing? the pbaoers play in vgn now, as most of the others too afaik.

and we werent talking about alb tank groups, we were talking about savages and 3 healers.

really? according to Walker, all good chanters are inactive. probably a reason why we dont experience any deaths to hibbies atm.

and yes, albs may be a little less effective, but 3mercs+minstrel kinda hurts too - just as 2savages do

P

Puppetmistress

[/b

I dont. Please explain to me.

Also show me which spell you want from the friar rejuv-line into shaman mend-line. I certainly cannot find a SINGLE spell which is worthful and the shaman doesnt have.

So what does the shaman his mending line make the worst in the game?

Hell wardens dont even have cure disease/poison.

the thing is if shaman had smth like spec group heal (16 26 36 mend etc) they could spec aug/mend, not just fotm aug/cave.

Said before: Friars dont have a group-heal in spec. Yes that would be nice, but shamans dont have it, friars dont have it. Wardens dont have it. Only mainhealers and bards get it.

You say you want a rejuv line like friars. I say the shaman one is even better with more spells. I dont understand why giving the shaman the rejuv line would improve.

Yeah, because of no other choice. But that doesnt make it justified. The spell is on a way too short timer. Add immunity AND a way longer recast-timer, say 3-5 mins.

Cure disease is useless against Mids, because off no immunity and basically the shaman can give it till he's dead.

On Prydwen ? Guild Black Company? You mean these level 50's:

Abrek Black Company 50 14,397 0 Infiltrator Saracen
Alandir Black Company 50 153,044 157 Wizard Avalonian
Boogyman NeverAfk Black Company 50 28,839 1,792 Theurgist Avalonian
Feya Black Company 50 43,721 330 Armsman Briton
Glamdring Black Company 50 28,888 51 Necromancer Briton
Inthename OfOdin Black Company 50 155,012 1 Minstrel Highlander
Kuklovod Mozgoeb Black Company 50 183,263 1,286 Sorcerer Inconnu
Teren LubsEvina Black Company 50 15,528 2,202 Necromancer Inconnu

WOW, top RP holder last week is a necromancer who made 2 solo kills.

Blinded by the Midgard cheats, getting used to it so much you dont see them anymore ?

You start talking like the people who said it was ok for a zerker to hit for 1200 on a tank "WERE THE MELEE REALM WE SHOULD DO MORE DAMAGE!!"

P

Pin

Frigg's is increased regen rate, not a HoT.

It's like comparing a Minstrel heal song to Paladin heal chant. The former is reduced to a fraction of it's power when in combat as it heals per tick (which varies depending on what you are doing), not per x seconds.

O

old.anubis

pin explained
in combat friggs tick twice

On Prydwen ? Guild Black Company? You mean these level 50's:

no
http://www.nolbypride.se/daoc/guildinfo.php?server=Prydwen&guildid=1523
they started rvr last week or so

Blinded by the Midgard cheats, getting used to it so much you dont see them anymore ?

which cheats?
cheat is radar etc
using all advantages of all classes ISNT cheat
this is game, mythic made it like they did, get used to it
midgard has mezzer/healer in one class? so be it
midgard has three tanks with determination? so be it
midgard has pbae disease? so be it
stop whine and say that silly hib/alb is soooo much lagging behind

You start talking like the people who said it was ok for a zerker to hit for 1200 on a tank "WERE THE MELEE REALM WE SHOULD DO MORE DAMAGE!!"

QQ more, mythic apparently listens to people like you

S

sauna-

Originally posted by ulke
A dualwieldclass with backpos snare and PF have a hard time chasing someone ? :D
Seriously, your assistcrew with 4bm's 1hero is pretty nasty......
What I love the most is when someone is pf'ed and he keeps running, alowing 2savs 1zerk to spam behindstyles :D (clerics are usually good at this and therefor dies even with bof up)

maybe went offtopic..hmm :eek:

No I didn't say it was hard :). Just that it's easier for tanks to kill if their backstyle is stun since moving about fucks up styles often and you can't insta/ip if you're stunned.
And we've never been more than 3 bm's I think, never more than 4 tanks in the group anyway, sometimes a 4th bm is with if hero is sleeping or something :).

R

Rulke-RM

Also the various frigs a shaman has are MUCH better then the friar has.

Nice to see you have a full grasp of the facts before crying nerf :great:

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Rulke-RM
Nice to see you have a full grasp of the facts before crying nerf :great:

Sorry, but a)

I am not crying nerf for the shaman mendingline

And when a shaman casted frigs or whatever he called it on me when I was levelling I noticed he didnt leach XP, generated no aggro and it helped me alot.

Might be me, but I rate all those spells prett much useless in real RvR. When I compare the other spells I see shammy has a mending-line very similar to friar and our rejuv-line is better then for instance of a warden.

I think that shamans who claim shaman mending-line is worst of all are overreacting.

Z

zapzap

Hibs can't compeat in mele team, still they keep coming out with them them, you survive longer but do u win ? get that caster group to work and yes u can beat any group, hard ? yes but possible.

Albs with right setup have best mele team there is IF ras are used well , takes higher rr albs to do this but when the RAs are there no mele group can beat a ALB mele group. And a high RR alb mele group dont need to blow RAs on randoms.

Zapsi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom