Lomald Alchemy prices.

D

dk_flint

Originally posted by Pin

And errrr... I could name another dozen crafters who pretty much work to the same principle.

not ody :kissit:

O

old.LandShark

Ody's prices aren't unreasonable these days...

A

Aule Valar

curious that alpha was selling the lvl 35/40ish procs for what i'm pretty sure was 1.5x costs or under about the time this post started, however i'm sure that the fact alpha and hinan don't seem to know what your on about is just an evil conspiracy

K

kirennia

lol

Hinan also selling goods for 1.5x cost at the time the thing came up

T

Talifer

Originally posted by Lomald Umilinn

And i like to answer to pin as well .... if i would have been able so SALVAGE i would have done so .. you save TONZ of cash with salvaging, if you don't want to do it .. don't blame us other crafters for you dumbness ;).

Pin has tried but I guess we need an example to get this through to you Lomald

Arcanium Stilletto - cost 67g 79s 70c

Merchants pays you 51g 03s 00c = net loss of 16g 76s 70c
Salvaging gives you 9 arcanium bars, 9 bars = 45g 92s 70c = net loss of 21g 87s 00c

So how much cash did I save salvaging? Not to mention the time it took to salvage

Personally (I'm not a heavy sell merchant though :)) I have only lost money making weapons post 1000 weaponcraft. The next time someone in Camelot offers you a Sabre/Jambiya/Long Dirk for 300-400g, just take a moment to think about what a bargain you are getting:

Here's the figures for 99% Sabre/Jambiya/Long Dirk, I'll take a large batch so the figures iron themselves out.

Base Cost per sabre 208g 49s 40c
Merchant pays 156g 58s 48c

Total sabres made 120
Odds of getting 99+% 0.18333333333
Number of 99s made 22 (out of 120 attempts)

Total cost of making 25p 19g 28s 00c
Total merchant sales 15p 345g 31s 4c
Actual cost of 22 sabres 9p 673g 96s 96c

Average cost of a 99 sabre 439g 72s 59c

(My apologies if the figures a sliightly out, I try my best :))

I don't have any MP orders, so if I sell you a Sabre for 350g on average I have just LOST ~90g (and 30 minutes of my life :)) However if I charge 500g, making me a profit of ~60g (12%), people will laugh in my face, you're charging 300%!

If you want to make money just take metalworking to 800, it's cheaper to do takes less time and makes you alot more money.

Talifer

aka
Vladimir Pendragon
Legendary Weaponcrafter of the <Knights of Pendragon>

O

old.Marabeth

Why sell at a loss?

Just refuse to sell them, eventually people will realise that it is the price and pay it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom