Lomald Alchemy prices.

L

Lomald Umilinn

Here are my prices for alchemy since im henceforth known as Grand Master Alchemist.

Procs: 2.5X material cost.

Reactive procs (when i can craft them): 3X Material cost.

Dyes; 20G per dye if you want the best one, only orderable if you order FULL SET of dyes (for all armor parts).
Potions/Elixirs: Giving these away to level up crafters ... to much time to craft, to little profit to gain ... IF you want them from me ill take 3X material cost per potion.

Charges: 2.5X Material cost.

These prices goes for 2 other alchemists that are skilled in albion so don't expect to get cheaper from them, we have all three agreed on that these are the prices that we will use....to not start a price war.

Contact me in game if you want anything.

//Lomald the Grand Master Alchemist.

L

Lomald Umilinn

And i just say GOOD LUCK finding procs and charges AND potions .... just lol on everyone that says these prices are too expensive...you want to cut the pirce? you start spending your platinums yourself if you plan on not paying .. since currently all that are near to even be able to make the ractive procs are taking these prices.

so just /re-lol on you.

L

Lomald Umilinn

And if you wanna know why, ... why is simple: all other tradeskills requires only a few plats to be spend on the way to legendary grand master. AND YOU CAN SALVAGE ON THEM!!!

Alchemy is by FAR the MOST expensive tradeskill to go ... you CANT salvage and you are making EASY 1P in losses in 30-45MINUTES.

If you want to find out more i've made a post on the following URL explaining how things are:
http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=44770&highlight=alchemy

N

Negura`

hahaha

looks like ill get em at trade price off guildie \o/

P

Pin

Originally posted by Lomald Umilinn
And if you wanna know why, ... why is simple: all other tradeskills requires only a few plats to be spend on the way to legendary grand master. AND YOU CAN SALVAGE ON THEM!!!

Alchemy is by FAR the MOST expensive tradeskill to go ... you CANT salvage and you are making EASY 1P in losses in 30-45MINUTES.

If you want to find out more i've made a post on the following URL explaining how things are:

Errrr, sorry but you are talking absolute bollocks.

Salvaging any crafted item in any tradeskill loses more money than selling back to the merchant. Has been like that since about patch 1.45. Crafting my weaponsmith to 1k+ cost around 18plat total. Tailoring, Fletching and Armourcrafting all cost pretty much the same (within about 20% anyway).

The only 2 differences with Spellcrafting and Alchemy are:

1) There are no consignment tasks, but if powerskilling you wouldn't do these anyway, so who cares;
2) Merchant buy-backs are set at a lower % value than most of the other crafted items;

All in all, powerskilling to 1k+ Spellcraft or Alchemy costs roughly 20plat, or about 10% more than Weaponcraft, and maybe 30% more than Tailoring.

Now, you have some other differences....

Quality makes no difference for proc, reverse procs, dyes and poisons. This does mean that you can't make any extra profit from being lucky and making a masterpiece for example, but it also means that you don't have to sit there making 100 attempts at something because someone wants the best available.

Charging 2.5X-3X cost on these equates to roughly 2plat per customer for a full set of armour and weapons with procs/rev-procs, with about 1200g being pure profit to you. Think that's reasonable?

Now, charges are different in that the quality does make a difference in the number of charges a tincture gives. Charging a customer 2.5X material cost for a random quality charge tincture is rediculous. If that would guarantee a 98%+ charge then that might be more reasonable, or 5X for a 99%, etc.

But please, saying any of this pricing is reasonable at all is just plain stupid.

Thanks, but I'll wait a week or so for there to be 10+ Legendary Alchemists (at least one being in my guild and more who are friends) to get a more reasonable markup than 200% thankyou very much.

:ROFLMAO: :kissit: :ROFLMAO: :kissit: :ROFLMAO:

S

Sibanac

edit BTW was the base cost of a charge not 1/2 of the NPC price, making you more expensive then the npc

Rofl what pin said
and alchemists can sell alot of their stuff while skilling up (pow potions, heal, buffs ect). while all other crafters cant do that

anyway good luck finding clients at those prices

T

Tilda

ahh the joys of having a cost price contrace :D :D

i wub j00 Alpha :wub:

:hat:

Tilda

L

Lomald Umilinn

Once and for all ... you better go to yoru guild crafters then , but most likely you will be lucky to get it with less then 2X material cost.

and the point it YOU CAN powercraft with WC,AC tailoring etc.. BUT YOU CAN SALVAGE THE BLOODY SHIT

YOU CANT with alchemy and spellcrafting which means you are making huge losses because you can't salvage anything back. My point is, that you better get your guild crafters up then because the only three alchemists in albion even near LGM have agreed on the same prices, you woulndt know unless you are alchemist.

Weaponcrafters gain because they can charge RETRIES .. alchemists/spellcrafters CANT ... so stuf telling me this is bollox.. you know its bollox with your money .... you can pay 1.-4P for MP armors/weapons, but not 200G for a proc?

Crafters makes HELL LOT OF MORE CASH as AC,WC because of MP's and RETRIES which is of NO concearn for alchemist.

If you don't like thise, you better get your own crafters up...because this is the price tha'ts gonna be because otherwise it wouldn't even be any point in raising alchemy.

Over and out from: alpha, hinanthethird AND lomald.

the only tree alchemists that can do the level 50 procs.

S

Sibanac

YOU CANT with alchemy and spellcrafting which means you are making huge losses because you can't salvage anything back. My point is, that you better get your guild crafters up then because the only three alchemists in albion even near LGM have agreed on the same prices, you woulndt know unless you are alchemist.

You can do better than salvage, you can sell the stuff you are skilling on!! no other craft can do that.
I've been buying potions from skilling alch's at a litlle above base costs. Granted you cant sell everything you craft but its pretty easy to sell 20 heals or mana cracks and buff potions.

C

Cabo-

i just want some cool procs for my staff and armor thats all, if ppl want to buy something off me thats ok with me then :D
but anyway, you are the only ppl that are at 900+ so far, and i know you spend alot of money getting there, so you can prettymutch do as you want, if ppl want the procs, within a week or so. :D

P

Pin

Once and for all ... you better go to yoru guild crafters then , but most likely you will be lucky to get it with less then 2X material cost.

Hey, good idea. Will do mate, thanks!

and the point it YOU CAN powercraft with WC,AC tailoring etc.. BUT YOU CAN SALVAGE THE BLOODY SHIT

And as I said.... SALVAGING MY SHIT LOSES TWICE THE AMOUNT AS SELLING IT TO THE MERCHANT.... Did you not read that above?

Hmmmm.... /who alchemist... ahh, only 14 that have actually set their tradeskill flag. Lets have a look around the alchemy table... hmmm... immense lag from the 150 people stood there skilling up... Hmmm, I wonder how long it's going to take a dozen of these to get to 1k+...

Weaponcrafters gain because they can charge RETRIES .. alchemists/spellcrafters CANT ... so stuf telling me this is bollox.. you know its bollox with your money .... you can pay 1.-4P for MP armors/weapons, but not 200G for a proc?

Errrr, no. Weaponcrafters (and the rest) are charging more like 25% profit margin. Mostly I don't make any profit at all from making weapons, 90% of my cash has come from trinketting.

And as I said, I'm sure you'll be charging for retries on charge tinctures, because quality does matter there.

Crafters makes HELL LOT OF MORE CASH as AC,WC because of MP's and RETRIES which is of NO concearn for alchemist.

Oooops, same point again.

If you don't like thise, you better get your own crafters up...because this is the price tha'ts gonna be because otherwise it wouldn't even be any point in raising alchemy.

Hmmm..... same point again.

Yeah, great, you're one of the first 3 to get there. You made it in under a week. Congratulations. Now lets give it another week and see that number increase by a factor of 3. Another month and there'll be close to 30 Alchemists at 1k+.

As I said. I can wait.... And just a small bit of calculation, at your prices it would be cheaper for every guild of 25 people or more to each fund their own legendary alchemist than to buy from you.

And again, Spellcrafting and Alchemy are vastly more popular trades for people to take up than the mundane ones, so I think you'll find that competition will be fierce and there will be very little room to make any profit at all. Don't count on making your initial outlay back.

T

Tranquil-

So if I want this one:

Reactive Ablative Arcanium Armor Tincture 1094 skill

254g 10s 60c

on 3 parts, I need to pay 2.3 platinum for the 3 Reactive procs? not counting retries

*edited to prevent hernia*

M

Madonion Slicer

You can pretty much bet that every guild will have a SC & ALC Crafter in there guild, even we the Red Dragons with only a few members have one of each, and i know they will go all the way Zlair already has a GrandMaster Fletcher, so i can see him doing it with SC no problem.

The ones that will really make the money here will be the armour and weapon crafters, as with out these SC and ALC has no purpose, and there are only a hand full of excellent Weapon and Armour crafters that come to mind, yet every man and his dog is doing SC and ALC.

T

thrylos

And i just say GOOD LUCK finding procs and charges AND potions .... just lol on everyone that says these prices are too expensive...you want to cut the pirce? you start spending your platinums yourself if you plan on not paying .. since currently all that are near to even be able to make the ractive procs are taking these prices.

so just /re-lol on you.

I get them at cost price kkthx

P

Pin

Originally posted by Tranquil-
So if I want this one:

Reactive Ablative Arcanium Armor Tincture 1094 skill

254g 10s 60c

on 3 parts, I need to pay 2.3 platinum for the 3 Reactive procs? not counting retries

Oh, that's even more than I thought. So my 6 armour pieces and 3 weapons will come to some 6p+. of which 4p is profit for you? :puke:

And about 1-4 plat for a MP part. Compare the time it took and the ACTUAL COST it takes on an average in getting that part with the time it takes to put 3 tinctures on 3 armourpieces.

And yes, a MP weapon may cost 1-4p... Guess what. I'M MAKING THESE AT COST PRICE! (Same with Mackie, same with others). Let's see. I'll charge 3X cost now, gimme 10p for a weapon now?

:moon:

L

Lomald Umilinn

Originally posted by Sibanac

Rofl what pin said
and alchemists can sell alot of their stuff while skilling up (pow potions, heal, buffs ect). while all other crafters cant do that

anyway good luck finding clients at those prices

ROFL .. ROFL .. ROFL!! honestly, you can't sell a piece of SHTI of what you are skillgaining in.. becyase everything anyone wants are the level 20 procs or the level 50 procs ONLYH and ONLY THAT.

Potions? you don't skill on them if you have common sense. Because they take way to much time, one arcainum best weapon about 2min to craft ... ONE POTION 2 min to craft AT 600+ alchemy and we are not talking strong elixirs here.

Strong elixirs are the only potions ANYONE is intrested in, why should we craft one potion for 5 min with none or less any profit what so ever. 1G per potion, sounds much...it aint when it takes tonz of tonz of time to craft them. you make 2 arcanium weapon retries during 1 strong elixir potion.

thats my thought of it.

of COURSE prices will fall, but this is the prices WE have agreed ont do NOT start a price war, would be rediciouls. we CLAIM that these prices , might be a bit high in the beginning, are the right this early in the new patch. WE claim this becuase the amount of cash it cost to get there and becuase we DONT get paid for retries since quality does not matter.

And thus the procs and potions are this "expensive". imo they are not really expensive due to the fact that we get no damn 3P for masterpieces because they are worth shit imo compared to other tradeskils.

of course you loose money when you sell to NPC ... the point is, we can't get partial material BACK and/or sponsored by DF seals.

O

old.Odysseus

Why is it so horrible that a crafter should want to make money on his craft?
Isnt that the basic idea of crafting?

L

Lomald Umilinn

Originally posted by Pin

Oh, that's even more than I thought. So my 6 armour pieces and 3 weapons will come to some 6p+. of which 4p is profit for you? :puke:

And yes, a MP weapon may cost 1-4p... Guess what. I'M MAKING THESE AT COST PRICE! (Same with Mackie, same with others). Let's see. I'll charge 3X cost now, gimme 10p for a weapon now?

:moon:

you are not making them for cost price BECASUE you get money each retry until you GET a MP. see my point? There is where WE loose tonz of money. also read my post before this, maybe that makes sense to all of you. so instead stop whining, you don't want it .. fine ...

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by old.Odysseus

There is something called balance.

P

Pin

of COURSE prices will fall, but this is the prices WE have agreed ont do NOT start a price war, would be rediciouls. we CLAIM that these prices , might be a bit high in the beginning, are the right this early in the new patch. WE claim this becuase the amount of cash it cost to get there and becuase we DONT get paid for retries since quality does not matter.

Errrr. Clearly you've just raced yourselves to get to 900+ in order to fix your prices as high as you think you can get away with.

You claim that the prices are high because it cost you a lot of cash to get there? You think the people who take a week or two longer get to skill up at half the cost you did? Oh dear.

And thus the procs and potions are this "expensive". imo they are not really expensive due to the fact that we get no damn 3P for masterpieces because they are worth shit imo compared to other tradeskils.

As I said. I take orders for masterpieces at cost price. They cost 3P to buy, because THAT IS THE AVERAGE COST TO MAKE ONE.

of course you loose money when you sell to NPC ... the point is, we can't get partial material BACK and/or sponsored by DF seals.

What good does getting material back do you? You lose more money! It takes 15 seconds to walk back to the merchant to buy more materials. Who is going to salvage gear and lose twice the money to save themselves 15 seconds walk? Particularly now the weight of materials has been reduced in this patch.

P

Pin

you are not making them for cost price BECASUE you get money each retry until you GET a MP. see my point? There is where WE loose tonz of money. also read my post before this, maybe that makes sense to all of you. so instead stop whining, you don't want it .. fine ...

No, I am making them at cost price for the weapon and cost price for retries. Same with other crafters. I 'get money each retry' ? Each retry costs me money, and that's the amount of money I charge per retry I do. What are you losing out on? Basically you're losing out on the extra 12 hours we had to sit at the forge trying to make a damn masterpiece over 237 attempts.

T

Tranquil-

You buy materials, you don't get the desired quality, you sell to merchant, you charge for the amount you lost from cost price on selling to merchant for that retry. VOILA, cost price.

x gold for item, sell to merchant, get y gold, you charge x-y gold for that retry.

100g for item, sell to merchant, get 50g, you charge 100g-50g=50g for that retry. :doh:

That's what cost price is. Want me to break it down further?

:wall: Lomald

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.Odysseus

Absolutely no problem with trying to make money on your craft. And yup, we all try to do that (and most of us find that there isn't any real money in it, and we end up just scraping up cash by trinketting). We're just laughing at the amounts he's trying to charge. 200%+ profit margin? hahahahahahahahahaha

P

Pin

Originally posted by Pin

What good does getting material back do you? You lose more money! It takes 15 seconds to walk back to the merchant to buy more materials. Who is going to salvage gear and lose twice the money to save themselves 15 seconds walk? Particularly now the weight of materials has been reduced in this patch.

Sorry, scrap that of course, because salvaging the stuff takes longer than the walk to the merchant. :doh:

O

old.Laryssa

There is something called balance.

i'M a LGM tailor and i burned much gold in the process and now I start to get my cash back coz I have well calced prices - which help both sides.

I don't think the prices are too uber - since it takes a long time to craft them and of course the alchimists need an income to reduce their loss which they had in the process to gain LGM status.

O

old.Odysseus

My personal opinion, which I'll prolly take some flak for, is that a crafter is entitled to get payed for the time he puts in it.

Being a pureblood liberal (in the original philosophical meaning), the payment the crafter gets is purely based on the market.

K

kirennia

Errr don't mean to bounce this point but pretty sure Hinan didn't agree to a fixed price with you, that he breifly discussed having set prices instead of having a price war. 2.5x? O dear, my armour I've always said I would sell for 1.1x price so if 1plat to make, 1.1plat to sell, maybe 1.2x if I was desperate...2.5x seems bit steep.

So if you wanna get some armor done, pm me after next couple of weeks AND I'm pretty sure 2.5x wont be charged by Alpha or Hinan, will only beleive that when I see it

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by old.Laryssa

i'M a LGM tailor and i burned much gold in the process and now I start to get my cash back coz I have well calced prices - which help both sides.

I don't think the prices are too uber - since it takes a long time to craft them and of course the alchimists need an income to reduce their loss which they had in the process to gain LGM status.

I repeat, balance. What we see here is not balance. Though it will be, in a while..

S

stinkie

ROFL LOMALD!!!!

You honestly expect people to pay more for the proc on an item than they did for the item!

You are insane mate, what the hell did you think you where doing when you thought of that?? This wont happen !

This is what will happen:

1. people will not get procs on there items.
2. alchemist will realise they have to lower there prices to get any business at all.
3. prices will become reasonable.

What you fail to understand is an awful lot of sales from crafting come from word of mouth. You get a good reputation, you get more business. What you have just done is slide yourself right down to the bottom of people's "Alchemists I should use" list. now even when you do lower prices ( and you will ) people will never use you because of this.

Suggest we keep this thread bumped for the next month or so to make sure everyone see's what a prick he is.

Regards,

Stinkie
Legendary Tailor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom