News lol

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tohtori owned by the twin guns of common sense and logic!

Seriously though i don't think you understand what a chav is at all, you are always making comments about them and usually miss the mark by a country mile.

I don't need to know much about a "definition of chav" to dispute the illogical claim that all(or most) people who fight are chavs.

Common sense and logic have nothing to do with it and im far from owned.

Aoami, stop trying to make this into some twisted "you don't know and are arguing it" thing, and for once, stay on the topic. It's not about "what is a chav".

Just admit to fail and begone.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It is about what a chav is because, because if you don't know what one is how can you argue that not all people who fight are chavs lol.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It is about what a chav is because, because if you don't know what one is how can you argue that not all people who fight are chavs lol.

Because i know people who've been in fights, i know of people in business suits and high paying jobs that have been in fights, i know of policemen, security guards, firemen and hospital workers who've been in fights.

These people are not chavs, you owuldn't call them chavs, don't even try to claim otherwise and i KNOW you've got friends, family or friends of family who have been in a fight that you wouldn't call a chav.

Fighting is not chav by default, you are wrong, admit it and begone.

Per example; would you call billy connely a chav? He's been in a fight. How about bloody jackie chan? And there's thousands of examples like that. Millions probably.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Lol, you don't know anything about my friends or family, what a ludicrous statement.

Perhaps you examples would fall into the catergory that isn't 'mostly' which i mentioned before, and you acknowledged.

Also, by avoiding my proposition asking you to describe a chav, you're more or less admitting you don't know what one is.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Lol, you don't know anything about my friends or family, what a ludicrous statement.

Perhaps you examples would fall into the catergory that isn't 'mostly' which i mentioned before, and you acknowledged.

It's not really that ludicrous, you're just ignoring and basically lying to keep a point.

Those were a few examples, but the fact remains, being in a fight does not equal being chav.

Also, i'm not avoiding, i answered(again), but you choose to ignore(again) like you ALWAYS do.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Billy Conneley, not English. Jackie Chan, not English. Chav's are an English phenomenon.

And you clearly didn't describe a chav anywhere.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Billy Conneley, not English. Jackie Chan, not English. Chav's are an English phenomenon.

And you clearly didn't describe a chav anywhere.

And you claimed all(most) people are chavs. This is a generalising term. There's more then just "england".

If you want to make a statement like that, remember you're not the f*cking center of the world.

Are you backtracking and changing your view? Oh my, irony.

I said i don't need to describe a chav to know that not all people who fight are chavs. I answered it, fair and simple, you ignoring it doesn't make it magically untrue. Though, you being so YOU, well, no surprise.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
And you claimed all(most) people are chavs. This is a generalising term. There's more then just "england".

If you want to make a statement like that, remember you're not the f*cking center of the world.

Are you backtracking and changing your view? Oh my, irony.

I said i don't need to describe a chav to know that not all people who fight are chavs. I answered it, fair and simple, you ignoring it doesn't make it magically untrue. Though, you being so YOU, well, no surprise.

"Are you backtracking and changing your view? Oh my, irony."
It's obviously true when they say that only the English properly understand irony :D

"And you claimed all(most) people are chavs. This is a generalising term. There's more then just "england".

If you want to make a statement like that, remember you're not the f*cking center of the world."

That makes no sense because we're arguing about chavs, which you only get in England, so why would I be talking about anywhere other than England?

"I said i don't need to describe a chav to know that not all people who fight are chavs. I answered it, fair and simple, you ignoring it doesn't make it magically untrue. Though, you being so YOU, well, no surprise." It does, because if you don't what a chav is, then you can't say what a chav isn't lol.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That makes no sense because we're arguing about chavs, which you only get in England, so why would I be talking about anywhere other than England?

That's the backtracking, and that's the irony since you call me on it every f*cking time. We weren't discussing england, we were discussing ALL people. Why you owuld be talking about all people, is none of my concern, but you were.

And even if just discussing england, not all who've fought, landed a punch or had a wrestle, are chavs.

I know this, because it's true. Even you know people you wouldn't call chavs, but who've fought. In your own family, or next of family. Deny it all you want, but every family or aquintances of family, if not from an amish colony, have had some kind of fight somewhere in life.

You're just another one of those generalsing a-holes, who are against generalising, hypocritical and judgemental of issues you're guilty of yourself. Have a nice life.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Stop avoiding my question, it's infuriating >.<

edit - why would i be talking about anywhere other than england in the first place. it's where i live, i couldn't possibly pass comment on a country i don't live in.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Stop avoiding my question, it's infuriating >.<

edit - why would i be talking about anywhere other than england in the first place. it's where i live, i couldn't possibly pass comment on a country i don't live in.

I'm not aoviding your questions, maybe look i the mirror.

You've judged me long enough, but seeing as you're a hypocritical f*ckhead with a superiority complex, i don't have to mind.

I said that to you in the above post already.

Backtracking, irony, you.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
You havn't asked any questions so I can't answer them.

But i'm still going to maintain you can't comment on chav's if you don't know what they are. I couldn't say what a chair was or what wasn't a chair if I had no idea what a chair was AMIRITE!?

I'd love to stay and chat but i've got to go out and not get in a fight.

I declare myself the winner by default <3

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I declare myself the winner by default <3

Ofcourse you do, have fun being a smuck cock out there. As always.

By the by, the definition of a chair can be seen via other means then sitting on one.

Also, questions are not in the form of a "?" by default either, but i bet you'd find an argument in that too, being who you are.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
toht don't be so fucking serious all the time..

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
toht don't be so fucking serious all the time..

I'm not, when it comes to people i actually have any respect to. Look around, see how i respond to ODs posts for example.

Now compare to this thread and the judgemental f*ck that is Aoami.

I give only what is given.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
:D:D:D

you do make me laugh

(ps. waiting for taxi to arrive, hence why im still posting)

noblok

Part of the furniture
and i KNOW you've got friends, family or friends of family who have been in a fight that you wouldn't call a chav.

How is this not generalising? Everyone must have friends/family who have got into a fight and if they say they don't, they're lying (cf. your next post). That's at least as generalising as Aoami's posts.

Also: you never admitted 75% was a massive over-estimation. What you quoted ("or some such big number") does in no way imply that it's a massive over-estimation. What "or some such big number" means is that it's probably around that number: maybe lower, maybe even higher.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
How is this not generalising? Everyone must have friends/family who have got into a fight and if they say they don't, they're lying (cf. your next post). That's at least as generalising as Aoami's posts.

Also: you never admitted 75% was a massive over-estimation. What you quoted ("or some such big number") does in no way imply that it's a massive over-estimation. What "or some such big number" means is that it's probably around that number: maybe lower, maybe even higher.

Ofcourse it is. I never claimed it wasn't a generalisation, it's simply a fact; people get in scuffles. Calling everyone a chav because they fight, is like calling every saudi a terrorist. It's not a fact.

Yes, you got it. But Aoami there was trying to disbute the number, not the fact the number is high. The point was about the number, which i told wasn't accurate.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Then stop being such a cock :eek:

unfortunately in this instance, he isnt the only one in the argument being a cock.

your both as bad as each other, its like 2 five year olds arguing over a dumper truck in the school playground.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
unfortunately in this instance, he isnt the only one in the argument being a cock.

your both as bad as each other, its like 2 five year olds arguing over a dumper truck in the school playground.

And that's the point i'm trying to show Aoami. Just felt the thread with little if any content would be a nice place to do so.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
In the past hour or two you two have been fighting I've managed to read about 30-40 pages of Free to Choose by Friedman.

The point: haven't you both got something better to do? :d

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In the past hour or two you two have been fighting I've managed to read about 30-40 pages of Free to Choose by Friedman.

The point: haven't you both got something better to do? :d

In the same time, i've written three pages of a book, watched an episode of pushing daisies and made a phone call about the possibilities of zombiesex.

The point: Some people can multitask :D

noblok

Part of the furniture
Ofcourse it is. I never claimed it wasn't a generalisation, it's simply a fact; people get in scuffles. Calling everyone a chav because they fight, is like calling every saudi a terrorist. It's not a fact.
That's a weak argument though. Some people do indeed get in scuffles, but this does not logically entail that everyone must have a friend/family who has got into a scuffle. Maybe Aoami really doesn't have any friends/family who have got into a fight. Add to this that you not only stated that he has friends/family who have got into a scuffle, you also claimed he wouldn't think of them as chavs. You have even less ground to stand on for this second statement. Even if he is lying and has got a cousin who got into a fight, he might well consider his cousin a chav.

old.tohtori said:
Yes, you got it. But Aoami there was trying to disbute the number, not the fact the number is high. The point was about the number, which i told wasn't accurate.

When disputing the number, Aoami originally said this:
Aoami said:
High crime levels in Britain also means that rates of imprisonment are greater than elsewhere in the EU. In England and Wales, the rate is 125 per 100,000 population and in Scotland 118.

125 in 100,000 = 0.125% amirite?

While i know that a lot of fights won't be recorded because the police won't be involved, and that fights do not always = assault, that figure suggests a much smaller % than 75 get involved in fighting.
Especially the last paragraph implies that he doesn't really care for the exact number, but just thinks it's a lot lower. Later he says "I'm being anal about the figure because it was a massive over-estimation, Generalise my behaviour all you like, i couldn't care less what you think because you're always wrong." to which you reply "I'm not, you just can't face it. I said myself it's an over-estimation," something which you didn't. You said it was an estimation, not an over-estimation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom