LOL WHAT

soze

I am a FH squatter
Its generally ok around people I know, but around crowds or strangers it gets pretty bad.
It is obviously not to the level of a disability but I get really really anxious in crowds of people I don't know. A few weeks ago I was at a house party and my mates abandoned me and it was really hot and noisy and I went from having a nice chat to feeling like I could not breath and I had to run out to the back garden. But I can go and sit at the Emirates and be fine so I don't know what it was.

My Aunt up in Scotland has agoraphobia she has not left her house in 31 years and for that she had to be drugged to go and give birth to her daughter. Whenever there is a family party you can see she is heart broken that she can't go. And when my cousin got run over in the street outside he had to comfort her when she tried to run out she just broke down and could not move. It sounds like it could be really hard mentally.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It is obviously not to the level of a disability but I get really really anxious in crowds of people I don't know. A few weeks ago I was at a house party and my mates abandoned me and it was really hot and noisy and I went from having a nice chat to feeling like I could not breath and I had to run out to the back garden. But I can go and sit at the Emirates and be fine so I don't know what it was.

My Aunt up in Scotland has agoraphobia she has not left her house in 31 years and for that she had to be drugged to go and give birth to her daughter. Whenever there is a family party you can see she is heart broken that she can't go. And when my cousin got run over in the street outside he had to comfort her when she tried to run out she just broke down and could not move. It sounds like it could be really hard mentally.

The last time I was out the house properly as in gone to town or whatever was 2008 when I was married, since then its been house, garden at night time when theres no one around or hospital when my sons were born, was a nightmare those days, lot of mixed feelings but the high off becoming a day really helped, its an amazing experience. was so many people there given the hospital size, thankfully I was given a lift to the hospital door and back home so I didn't have to use public transport or i'd have just flipped out. Thankfully the mrs gave birth both times late at night/during the morning so there was barely anyone around on the wards except night staff.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I don't want to sound insensitive, but I love reading stuff like this, it's really interesting.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I am not saying you should answer this.

But i always wonder what causes it. I know some people get attacked and that is the spark, but my aunt just woke up one day and could not face going to work. A week later she had not left the house and a local Doctor came round and dragged her out to the street and told her to stop being stupid. She has left the house 3 times since a Funeral and the birth of her two children.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Mine all kicked off with my dad getting cancer. And the stress of that and lots of travel for work pushed me over the edge. Brain couldn't cope. Body said no way. Had panic and felt sick at work and had to leave without telling anyone it was so acute. Then just leaving the house made me feel sick. Had to pick times to go to the supermarket and buy shot so there would be no queues. Before delivery really took off. First time I bloody minded myself though it but didn't get the solution so it came back when stressed at work. Next time went to shrink got diagnosed with aspergers. Got six different pills a day now but it keeps it manageable. If not pleasant to do new , crowded things.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I am not saying you should answer this.

But i always wonder what causes it. I know some people get attacked and that is the spark, but my aunt just woke up one day and could not face going to work. A week later she had not left the house and a local Doctor came round and dragged her out to the street and told her to stop being stupid. She has left the house 3 times since a Funeral and the birth of her two children.

I've got a port birthmark on the left side of my face, as I got older I became more self conscious about it and ultimately shut myself off from the outside because I got sick and tired of people looking at it or drunk tossers making comments about it, you know how people can be.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've got a port birthmark on the left side of my face, as I got older I became more self conscious about it and ultimately shut myself off from the outside because I got sick and tired of people looking at it or drunk tossers making comments about it, you know how people can be.

Only thing I can suggest is to slowly try to confront this fear by putting yourself in situations that are uncomfortable to you. Bit by bit.

You can't live your life being so sensitive about what you imagine other people are thinking.

Edit: Had a friend with the same sort of birthmark. He asked me for my honest opinion. I told him that when I saw him at first I looked - because it's only natural for humans to look at people who are different in some way - whether it's someone who dresses differently, has weird makeup or has a birthmark.

The only difference is that I feel bad sometimes when I see someone with a birthmark because I imagine that they could be sensitive about people staring. But I understand its a no-fault thing. Other than that, I couldn't really give a fuck...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Only thing I can suggest is to slowly try to confront this fear by putting yourself in situations that are uncomfortable to you. Bit by bit.

You can't live your life being so sensitive about what you imagine other people are thinking.

That's what the mental health nurse is building up to at present, its called cognitive behavior therapy.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's what the mental health nurse is building up to at present, its called cognitive behavior therapy.

Aye. The thing about CBT is that you have to buy into it wholeheartedly. And continue to perform it every day for the rest of your days.

When you feel the reluctance, wade in, so to speak...

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
The last time I was out the house properly as in gone to town or whatever was 2008 when I was married, since then its been house, garden at night time when theres no one around or hospital when my sons were born, was a nightmare those days, lot of mixed feelings but the high off becoming a day really helped, its an amazing experience. was so many people there given the hospital size, thankfully I was given a lift to the hospital door and back home so I didn't have to use public transport or i'd have just flipped out. Thankfully the mrs gave birth both times late at night/during the morning so there was barely anyone around on the wards except night staff.

Are you taking any medication for this?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I tried cbt didn't work for me I was too suspicious of it.

You been offered laser therapy to lighten the birthmark ?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
My stepdaughter has anxiety attacks..she had one on holiday in Miami..we had just ordered a meal on Ocean drive and she suddenly flipped..she couldnt breathe and I'm embarrassed to admit I was less than sympathetic.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why the facepalm @old.Tohtori ? It's a type of therapy where you identify problems and are helped to choose actions to relieve those problems yourself.

Unless Moriath's aspergers also manifests itself with paranoia. I figured it was a clearly-stated question.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Are you taking any medication for this?

I was taking citalopram but they were having little to no effect except for some side effects, I was changed to a higher dose of fluxoetine by the doctor after that which are also having virtually no effect.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's pretty straight up. It's self modification of your behaviour. What's to be suspicious of?
That it was trying to manipulate me and I was no convinced that it would work. When you are paranoid with anxiety and almost housebound who said you were thinking straight!!!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Why the facepalm @old.Tohtori ? It's a type of therapy where you identify problems and are helped to choose actions to relieve those problems yourself.

Unless Moriath's aspergers also manifests itself with paranoia. I figured it was a clearly-stated question.
It doesn't per say. But it gives you higher iq than most and the belief that I am always right. Or have the right solutions. So others manipulating my thought seem wrong. And when you in need of cbt your not always thinking rationally.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It doesn't per say. But it gives you higher iq than most and the belief that I am always right. Or have the right solutions. So others manipulating my thought seem wrong. And when you in need of cbt your not always thinking rationally.

So yeah, aspergers with paranoia then ;)

Try to look at it this way. They're trying to show you how to manipulate your own thought processes. High IQ or not, everyone can always learn new tricks :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So yeah, aspergers with paranoia then ;)

Try to look at it this way. They're trying to show you how to manipulate your own thought processes. High IQ or not, everyone can always learn new tricks :)
Yeah went through that and brute forced it with drugs. I'm stubborn too lol. Now just get anxious and don't sleep before new shit. And drink some most nights to quieter my brain. And take the scripts.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm a bit of a prick when it comes to mental health problems too, which is interesting since alot of my extended family works in mental health (including my brother, who works in a college that mainly has Autistic students)

But to be honest, I feel like in a welfare state 'Mental Health' is -really- abused, for one in education, I remember an entire class having to leave a class room to go to another because a lad who had been diagnosed with ADHD was mis-behaving, and I really think ADHD is over-used, if that was anyone else, they would have been chucked out the classroom and sent to a senior staff member to deal with, but no, let's treat them differently, because they have ADHD, let's be honest, that annoys people, and does not help with the students progression.

Also, there's a particular person on my Facebook who's in and out of relationships on a monthly basis, it's ridiculous, the last one she was mega-stupidly loved up, then all of a sudden she quit her job, went to the therapist and instantly got mental-health benefits, I mean, come on.

Now, I do try to sympathise with people that have clearer symptoms, but I really think we blur the lines between mental health and human emotions, because we're scared to say 'no, you're fine, it's natural'

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

I don't need you explaining it, the facepalm is because you're here telling people that they're wrong in treating their problems and acting like you're the king of jack and sh*tville. Self righteous know-it-all.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'm a bit of a prick when it comes to mental health problems too, which is interesting since alot of my extended family works in mental health (including my brother, who works in a college that mainly has Autistic students)

But to be honest, I feel like in a welfare state 'Mental Health' is -really- abused, for one in education, I remember an entire class having to leave a class room to go to another because a lad who had been diagnosed with ADHD was mis-behaving, and I really think ADHD is over-used, if that was anyone else, they would have been chucked out the classroom and sent to a senior staff member to deal with, but no, let's treat them differently, because they have ADHD, let's be honest, that annoys people, and does not help with the students progression.

Also, there's a particular person on my Facebook who's in and out of relationships on a monthly basis, it's ridiculous, the last one she was mega-stupidly loved up, then all of a sudden she quit her job, went to the therapist and instantly got mental-health benefits, I mean, come on.

Now, I do try to sympathise with people that have clearer symptoms, but I really think we blur the lines between mental health and human emotions, because we're scared to say 'no, you're fine, it's natural'

Many children do not understand the concept of no. Often bad parents will claim some sort of condition to cover up for the fact they shouldn't be allowed to breed. I was at my niece's birthday party a few weeks ago, tons of alleged behavioural conditions and special dietary requirements, its really quite fashionable these days.

That doesn't necessarily mean it is not a real debilitating condition for many people though, just massively exaggerated by shitty parents.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Reminds me of the Louis Theroux documentary about parents drugging up their kids to make them more manageable in the US, wouldn't surprise me if it was happening on a smaller scale here.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't need you explaining it, the facepalm is because you're here telling people that they're wrong in treating their problems and acting like you're the king of jack and sh*tville. Self righteous know-it-all.

You're such a cunt. I was just talking to them. You know. Talking. To other people. Exchange of ideas and all that?

It's a fucking forum after all...

Reminds me of the Louis Theroux documentary about parents drugging up their kids to make them more manageable in the US, wouldn't surprise me if it was happening on a smaller scale here.

Massive scale here already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom