LoL @ Mystic

S

Shangrila

our next patch will be 1.65 afaik, so I decided to read the patch notes on Herald today. It's gonna be fun (j/k):

- The final Apocalypse encounter in Caer Sidi has had its difficulty level tweaked slightly downward to match the other epic dungeon final encounters.

I was told sidi and TG can be done with 4-5fg. We hibs need about 80ppl for our final encounter, makes me really feel better, that sidi adjusted DOWNWARD !?!?!? I bet mystic never tried galla themselfs otherwise they wouldn't do such Bullshit. Think those mystic programmers are on drugs or something...

- Players who attempt to log in near a frontier keep or relic keep that is "under attack" or owned by an enemy realm will now be moved to a "safe point". "Under attack" is defined as when the doors are actively taking damage or are completely broken open. The safe point for attackers is the portal keep of the enemy frontier they are in. The safe point for defenders is the border keep with the portal pad of the frontier they are defending.

YES, thats what I always wanted! Our guild owns Dun Cruach, if some bloody alb zerg hits the door I'll pop in Druim Ligen if I want to defend our guild keep. WEEEEEEEELL DONE Mystic, another great addition to the game :-(((

T

the_hermit

1- It's Mythic, not Mystic. If you are going to slate someone, make sure you know who :D

2- I don't think I've ever seen Sidi done with 4-5fg. Sure, people go in there and pull some of the key lords, but it usually ends in tears. And blood. And /release. Apoc usually wipes raids of 80 people, and I don't think he's been killed for a long time..

Course - I could be wrong about that :clap:

F

fenderon

Originally posted by Shangrila
- Players who attempt to log in near a frontier keep or relic keep that is "under attack" or owned by an enemy realm will now be moved to a "safe point". "Under attack" is defined as when the doors are actively taking damage or are completely broken open. The safe point for attackers is the portal keep of the enemy frontier they are in. The safe point for defenders is the border keep with the portal pad of the frontier they are defending.

You have got to be kidding me. URL for this?

C

chimaira

went all way to silencer last night and killed him easy to after dori went down after 39 mins.

setup
pala
pala
minstrel
pbt
cleric
friar
infil
merc
xD

O

old.yaruar

Re: Re: LoL @ Mystic

Originally posted by fenderon
You have got to be kidding me. URL for this?

that's correct from what I remember..

means that attackers can log out at the keep gates but defenders can't log themselves in or near the keep...

T

Telamon

.. Ouch

A) no way you can do Apoc w 4-5 groups ;)

Been there w da Zerg .. been mopped up with. Forget it :)

As for Keep defence .. Ouch.

Only thing : It will kick all realms equally in the jewels.

E

elder_theurgist

our next patch will be 1.65 afaik, so I decided to read the patch notes on Herald today. It's gonna be fun (j/k):

- The final Apocalypse encounter in Caer Sidi has had its difficulty level tweaked slightly downward to match the other epic dungeon final encounters.

I was told sidi and TG can be done with 4-5fg. We hibs need about 80ppl for our final encounter, makes me really feel better, that sidi adjusted DOWNWARD !?!?!? I bet mystic never tried galla themselfs otherwise they wouldn't do such Bullshit. Think those mystic programmers are on drugs or something...

YES, thats what I always wanted! Our guild owns Dun Cruach, if some bloody alb zerg hits the door I'll pop in Druim Ligen if I want to defend our guild keep. WEEEEEEEELL DONE Mystic, another great addition to the game :-(((

LOL @ Shangrila IMHO

First: The normal 5-10fg Sidi raids newer kills the Apocalypse. Usually they get killed even with 10fg's. (havent tryed sidi lately - and the amount of ppl can always be lowered if you have the right setup: loads of clerics/theugs/paladins - and all lvl 50)

Second: I think the fact that you cant log into a defended keep is great. Its kind of lame that you do the research to tjeck if a keep is undefended, or only lightly defended - and then suddenly ppl pop out of nowhere inside the keep. This if ofc most important if its a relic keep. Its stupid to setup a RR and when you get to the keep 2-3fg of chars designed only for keep defence pop inside the keep.

A

Archeon

Isn't 1.65 the one where they altered the layout of the Keeps slightly to help give pure melee classes a chance to help with keep defend by giving the chance for 'Courtyard' battles?

Oh, and wheres the one with removes the 'Wall Climb' ability from the stealth line and puts it in the Healer mend line?... Oh wait, thats just me dreaming again ;)

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by elder_theurgist

Second: I think the fact that you cant log into a defended keep is great. Its kind of lame that you do the research to tjeck if a keep is undefended, or only lightly defended - and then suddenly ppl pop out of nowhere inside the keep. This if ofc most important if its a relic keep. Its stupid to setup a RR and when you get to the keep 2-3fg of chars designed only for keep defence pop inside the keep.

yeah but equally if you still allow attackers to log out in the frontiers then it gives them too much of an advantage.

as far as I'm aware it doesn't affect attackers (I could be wrong) but stopping log out raids would be the best thing if log in defenders can't work..

FOr a start a lot of the time when there is a threat of a relic raid I log my main near the keep and go play an alt as TBH it's boring as hell sitting in a feep for hours on the offchance 100 albs logs in outside it......

V

valcyr

Sure, whatever you like to think tbh.

Thats one bad patchnote... I never knew this was a problem tbh.

N

nott

From my experience on coop server I can tell you this. Apocalypse is way harder than Olcasgean pre 1.65.

With 80ish people Olcas went down smoothly but we could hardly scratch Apoca with 90ish people.

After 1.65 Apoca goes from hardest to easiest though. With 90ish people he went down in like 15 seconds or so. Almost felt sorry for him. :)

P

Palanor

Originally posted by the_hermit

Sure, people go in there and pull some of the key lords, but it usually ends in tears. And blood. And /release.

Actually, 1fg killed the first horseman :). complete wipe on the second. Took us 15 hours, but it was sure worth it. 38 drops ;).
Lich Lord Sanguis was a nightmare :/, took 1hour 30 min or something to kill the bastard :).

Me(Zarklech), Kirennia, Kcinimod, Nabber, Rabidbunnies, Shosum, Jennova, Inconnunian made it that far :>.
Focus Pull 4tehwin. BEAT THAT! ;)

Btw, final encounter, with >good< tactics you can prolly take him with 80 ppl, but the only public raid i´ve been to got wiped with 120 ppl.

P

Palanor

Originally posted by chimaira
went all way to silencer last night and killed him easy to after dori went down after 39 mins.

setup
pala
pala
minstrel
pbt
cleric
friar
infil
merc
xD

<cough> check my post ;) <cough>

Cleric
Cleric
Cleric
Cleric
Cleric
Mincer
Necro
Cabalist :>

T

treaza

Wat hapends when u go ld on a keep raid then? :eek:

S

ssera

Originally posted by treaza
Wat hapends when u go ld on a keep raid then? :eek:

I think iirc that if you log/ld from a keep which is under attack, you have a 5 min (might be more honestly can't remember) window when you can log back in and not get ported away.

P

- Pathfinder -

Basically you're crying becasue "somebody" told you we can finish off Apoc with 5 FGs (theoretically possible I suppose, opting grps for it tho would be a logistical nightmare) and the fact that your chanter can't park in a keep to PBAE attackers? Happy New Year :m00:

F

- Fedaykin -

lol

sidi raids cant be done with 5fg

and the logging in keeps is to stop gimps like midgard parking all their spiritmasters in relic keeps and only ever logging them on when relic is threatened,

good ideas by mythic imo

N

nott

hmm... how few/many have you killed Apcoalypse with here?

With less than 150people I don't think we succeded on coop. I've been on raids with 110-120 people and have had no chance at all in getting him down, and thats with most of the pve-tricks in the book (tanks using fast weaps with dmg.adds, theurgists/animists spamming pets with necros feeding them power, and 95% of the nukers having majestic will ra, strong pally agroholders etc.)

The harbinger adds are damn hard with eventually the bombs from the roof killing all...everytime.

But as I said earlier, after patched he's a real gimp.

And on the keepthing. It adds some realism don't you think? When you want to defend a keep you actually have to be there waiting for the enemy.

btw: if you LD you have 10 minutes to return.

C

corentmm

Isn't everyone forgetting?:

Savage

- A bug in Savage's chances to triple or quad has been fixed. Savages should now triple more frequently than before, and quad less frequently than before. Due to this, overall savage damage should decrease.

- Savage buffs have been halved in duration, and had their health cost halved.

- The Savage "Irreverent Gesture" line has been changed from a shout to a 2 second cast time.

- Savage buffs now subtract a percent of your maximum health, not your estimated health. Since estimated health was lower, this is an increase from what it used to be.

- We've toned down the damage that Savages do while wielding any weapon other than a Hand to Hand weapon (to be equivalent to Hand to Hand weapons).

C

corentmm

Also focus nerf - so maybe less chance of 1fg horseman killing - v. impressive though.

D

dwali

u can kill Apoc if u have like 15 necros giving mana to 35 theurgist that spam pets on him...never tryd it but think it can be done that way!!!

if not...downgrade behmoth to so ppl can kill him...god damn 2k-3k per hit is way to much

S

Sohan_THC

Rofl well just for you type of ppl (we call them mids) the made this.

good thing xcal is near castle savauge then ;)
even with a haster now a day's.

yep looking forward to it.

happy easter it will be ;)

S

Shangrila

Originally posted by Sohan_THC
Rofl well just for you type of ppl (we call them mids) the made this.

good thing xcal is near castle savauge then ;)
even with a haster now a day's.

yep looking forward to it.

happy easter it will be ;)

Every realm got chars logged in their relict keeps to check situation in case of an attack, that is the ONLY defense against an alarm clock raid. But as soon as someone hit the door all those chars will spawn far away. All magic relicts are not just outside the porter keep. So it takes quite a while to run/ride/port there if you wanna defend them.

About the sidi thingy.. I was told it can be done by 5fg, I didn't know that is compareable to galla. Soz about that.

S

Sohan_THC

nah we don't wanna have power relics atm.
let the mids have them , we take str :clap:

but an option is to log a little outside the keep range tho.
you can see ppl banging on the door pretty easy.

really think it is better for the whole game tbh.
nm if you're hib , mid or alb is silly you go bang a low or none defended keep and suddenly 10+ casters pop on the wall.
end of the happy guild trip. ppl not like it wonder off to emain
and join the zerg. nah think this is a nice option.

S

Sichama

As long as a feature is exactly the same for every realm it can not be considered that it gives an advantage to someone more than the others, if loging in Keeps is not possible once the doors take damage gives an advatage to the attackers then so what all realms are potentialy attackers.

One litle detail, though, loging in a keep will not be posible while doors are taking damage, so if the minute guards start dying people just immediately drop everything they are doing and try to log in there is still a small possibility some will make it and maybe gain some time for the rest to come.

And i agree with the_hermit although i never pick up obvious spelling mistakes or typing errors others make in their posts, i am under the impression you really thought they where called Mystic, so take his advise, its good.

S

Shangrila

soz for spelling mistake, didn't realise it tbh cause I was rvring while making this post. I know that the company is called Mythic, cause I played this game on US servers too.

It doesn't change the facts tho, I still think that this port boarderkeep/porterkeep thing will suck. Logging in outside a keep to check situation is possible ofc. But it will be hard to get in when 300albs or 200 mids are blocking.
Ofc mids and albs can still defend there relicts properly, they just move all char+bb into the zone and crash the server (kidding).

Y

Yussef

Originally posted by Palanor
Actually, 1fg killed the first horseman :). complete wipe on the second. Took us 15 hours, but it was sure worth it. 38 drops ;).
Lich Lord Sanguis was a nightmare :/, took 1hour 30 min or something to kill the bastard :).

Me(Zarklech), Kirennia, Kcinimod, Nabber, Rabidbunnies, Shosum, Jennova, Inconnunian made it that far :>.
Focus Pull 4tehwin. BEAT THAT! ;)

Btw, final encounter, with >good< tactics you can prolly take him with 80 ppl, but the only public raid i´ve been to got wiped with 120 ppl.

Shrug, we've killed all four horsemen with 1fg :p

P

Palanor

No way!
Givf tactics in that case, setup etc ;)

Users who are viewing this thread