Logitech G15

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
So I'm after getting a new keyboard, mainly down to my one of the last 8 years being a dusty filth wizard and noticed OCUK is doing the G15's for £55, which seems quite cheap in comparison to other places.

My question is, is it worth it? Pros/cons on it? How easy is it to clean etc?!

Cheers.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I have the new G15, it's amazing :) You have 18 macro buttons, split into 3 sets of 6. To switch between them, simply press M1, M2 or M3.

Keyboard is as easy to clean as any other keyboard. The buttons have a nice feel about them so typing is lovely. I hate those springy keyboards lol.

LCD Display is also great, plus it links to alot of music programs meaning you can forward tracks etc.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have one but don't really use the macro buttons, its an overall solid keyboard though, had mine a few years now and never had any problems with it.

Bym

One of Freddy's beloved
I don't know what I must do to my keyboards but have gone through two of these (admittedly, one was death by vino...)! Brilliant keyboard though, comfortable and easy to type on, pretty lights in a dark room for late night gaming, and the LCD display already mentioned is pretty cool :) I miss mine!

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
My G11 got drunk one night, and died :( May it rest in peace, she did me good for 2 years.

(read, spilled beer on it)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Think I might grab myself one, only problem seems to be I can't feed it alcohol, more for me! :D

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Decided to save myself a bit of money by getting a Microsoft Sidewinder X4 instead, seemed to be pretty good for 30 quid.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Is it any good? My mouse is pretty much broken now so need to buy a new one.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
The Sidewinder X4 is a keyboard mate ;) But it's lovely :D

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I have the g19 - the missus bought it for me a last year I think. It is a nice toy, but a bit of a gimmick really. It has a colour LCD display on it, which is great for the few games (like WoW), that support it, but for the most part it is pretty useless. The magro keys are nice though and the 16million colour backlighting on the keys. I would never spend that much on a keyboard myself though.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The contents of my keyboard could feed China for a year. I ain't spending £80 on a glorified toaster tray...

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i have the g15 keyboard and tbh i find it a godsend in quite a few games especially wow, the macro keys come in handy and the display is great am a bit of a stat whore so its nice to keep those on display at all times it updates when you get buffed or an ability procs etc.

plus the windows lock key is a godsend :D its not a must have keyboard but its nice to have.

old.Osy

For my old ass, backlight has become a must with keyboards. I'd rather have backlight, instead of keeping the desk lamp on.

Plus it's easier on my eyes, not having 2 light sources in your face (lamp + display), allows for better overall visibility. Especially with games and movies.

old.Osy

Ok, update:

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT purchase the Logitech G110.

It looks like it's been put together on a chinese ship drifting in international waters, full of underpaid Shenzen kids.

Backlight is shoddy, very very un-G11 and G15, you can only change colours via software, there's no real intensity levels, the characters on the keys are so small that when leaning all the way back, having a 25 degree angle of sight on the keyboard, backlight becomes useless, as you can't really see the characters properly anyway.

The mechanical feel of the keys when pressed is similar with Gxx range, so that's good, but it's the only thing going for this keyboard.

I'm returning it tomorrow, will get another G11 instead.

So upset :(

edit: Forgot to mention that the little feet that raise the keyboard are too short, having the keyboard raised and it almost feels like it's horizontal.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Razer are coming out with a mechanical keyboard soon. My brother is getting one so I'll get to try it. Should be good, though tbh I'm not that fussy on gaming hardware anymore.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Razer are coming out with a mechanical keyboard soon. My brother is getting one so I'll get to try it. Should be good, though tbh I'm not that fussy on gaming hardware anymore.

Mechanical as in: ?

usb-typewriter.jpg

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Ok, update:

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT purchase the Logitech G110.

It looks like it's been put together on a chinese ship drifting in international waters, full of underpaid Shenzen kids.

Backlight is shoddy, very very un-G11 and G15, you can only change colours via software, there's no real intensity levels, the characters on the keys are so small that when leaning all the way back, having a 25 degree angle of sight on the keyboard, backlight becomes useless, as you can't really see the characters properly anyway.

The mechanical feel of the keys when pressed is similar with Gxx range, so that's good, but it's the only thing going for this keyboard.

I'm returning it tomorrow, will get another G11 instead.

It looks exactly like a G19 (which I have) but without the LCD. Even though the first G19 I had fried a USB port and the keyboard itself :flame: (it has issues, blue screens and the like, with certain mobo's apparently - I have the replacement connected to my monitor USB hub without problems), the colours and LCD are a completely useless gimmick and its way, way over priced. Even so it's still better than the Razer keyboard I had before that.

The logitech mechanical keys are nice and the fact it can detect 5 simultaneous key presses is a useful feature for FPS games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom