llllllllllllllllllll WARNING READ THIS lllllllllllllllllll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
at the moment daoc players hotmail accounts are being hacked on a MASSIVE scale, they are using a exploit in hotmail to gain acccess to the email account and check for login info, even worse is they log in the msn aswell and check the list for other players they can hack

numerous people have lost their stuff from characthers and lost access to their accounts, even more have lost their email accounts and cant mail GoA about this or get a new password....

IF YOU HAVE ANY LOGIN INFO IN YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT DELETE IT NOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

burg

Fledgling Freddie
Where did you find out about this? Where can I get this confirmed? Boom bam bee poof gone they are from hotmail now! :>

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Warning to all users, concerning Hotmail

Hi guys, there has been a huge outbreak of hotmail account hacks now it seems, a warning to all DAoC users, remove your information from your hotmail inboxes, if you are signed out of MSN for any particular reason and your password/secret question has been changed IMMEDIATELY change your email in your subscription information and change your game password.

This is a warning as the hacker is flying through hotmail accounts wrecking them as they go along, remember Hotmail is a free service and emails can easily be remade, DAoC accounts are NOT as easy to recover so please either change your information to point your DAoC details to a NON HOTMAIL ACCOUNT or register another hotmail account for your information and give the email away to NOBODY, that includes not having them as a contact in your email or MSN list.

Nelly

Fledgling Freddie
thnx for the warning removed it all from my email.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
another pryd/alb just got hacked

his hotmail was changed and went ld

then he logged in, disbanded from guild, went tot the sauvage vault and went on a horse then i lost him

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
5 people in my guild now had their hotmail accounts hacked

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
This is really lame. Surely its possible for goa to find out? Wherever the loot and items are going there must be a pattern (i.e. to 3 alts, which are all on the same account, or all live near eachother maybe)

Btw Morch please check your Private messages.

Spesh

Fledgling Freddie
Bump

As morch said, if you use hotmail get in there and delete anything to do with daoc.

Get an email address thats not hotmail/yahoo - both have always been horribly insecure. www.webtribe.net or www.postmaster.co.uk both allow you to have free email accounts and are more reliable and secure than hotmail.

Go to the accounts page in www.camelot-europe.com and log in.

then edit you personal details and change your email address ASAP.

Please dont hang around, do it now. As morch said there are a shitload of accounts that appear to be being logged on by people other than the owner. And before anyone starts badmouthing goa about this please remember that this is not their fault, Hotmail are the people at fault here, their security has let people down and as a consequence accounts are getting abused.

Kemor is aware of some hotmail abuse stuff, but when i spoke to him earlier he said he didnt have enough information. With that in mind can i suggest that those affected by this problem file rightnow reports immediatly and post back in this thread the Rightnow reference number that their report has been given and I will highlight it on the E+E boards for kemor and zargar (excal gm).

Also guys, please remember that I am just an E+E, dont really have any power with this and am doing my best to help out (this also applies to other E+E's), getting an awful lot of /t ingame about this issue which is fine, but please remember our "powers" are limited, we dont work for goa nor get paid in anyway for this. And most of all remember, that this is not goa's fault.

(disclaimer - these are my opnions etc and should not be seen to be those of Goa/Mythic)

hope it helps :x

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm cause GoA haven't been warning people not to leave this info in your MAIL, for last year or so!!!!

If people haven't listened to warning in past nothing will make them now, they will simply get hacked then come cry here that it was none of there fault......

if you dont want to loose the account Listen to the bloody warnings, and dont leave info on your email or desktop ffs!!

Vhist

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for heads up. Maybe I should be more observant of what GOA tell me, all nice and safe in a file elsewhere. :clap:

Spesh

Fledgling Freddie
Vhist said:
Thanks for heads up. Maybe I should be more observant of what GOA tell me, all nice and safe in a file elsewhere. :clap:

safest place is not on your pc anywhere, be old skool and write it on a bit of paper or memorize it

Lil*

Fledgling Freddie
ALL my accounts have been closed ... I've even got some guy claiming he owns one of my accounts :x

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
If your hotmail account has already been confiscated and you are still logged in, the only thing you can do is give your most valuable items to a very close friend who DOESNT use hotmail

its the only option in that case...

Spesh

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
If your hotmail account has already been confiscated and you are still logged in, the only thing you can do is give your most valuable items to a very close friend who DOESNT use hotmail

its the only option in that case...

be careful with this, make sure they are indeed "real" good friends as once you click that accept button on trade its traded fair and square. Also be careful to check that the person you are trading to is really them (at this time i think its only wise to err on the side of caution)

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Thx for heads up, Although I don't use hotmail. Sadly I know both my accounts game passwords off the top of my head. Only have my sub pass's printed out.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Spesh said:
be careful with this, make sure they are indeed "real" good friends as once you click that accept button on trade its traded fair and square. Also be careful to check that the person you are trading to is really them (at this time i think its only wise to err on the side of caution)

that is correct however once you lost the email with which you subscribed theres a high chance you are fooked once you go ld (this happend with a guildy less then a hour ago)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Stay on topic guys this is a serious issue.

/edit: <Cleans up a bit>

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
this is sad...

one of my guildies who got hacked has been stripped of all items and his name has turned red and is now being killed by sauvage guards 10 times over....

prolly making sure the account will get banned

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Errr how the hell did his name get changed to red and get attacked by BK guards?

Unless we are dealing with someone who also had GM access as you can change realms of people with it i think, this is worrying.

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
this is sad...

one of my guildies who got hacked has been stripped of all items and his name has turned red and is now being killed by sauvage guards 10 times over....

prolly making sure the account will get banned

Yep saw this first hand, very sad. Looks like it will go on all night.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
sshot329.jpg

Gizor

Fledgling Freddie
What the hell is going on in that pictar? ;o

Anyways, thanks, I use Hotmail for one of my Dark Age of Camelot accounts, though its not active anymore, I've now changed it, and no sign of me getting 'hacked' or what ever, yet. Guess it is because the account is inactive. And yes, I've changed it to another e-mail, that I just recived from my ISP.

Cheers.

Spesh

Fledgling Freddie
update -

Lucias the grey con alb has been dealt with by server admins now and the acc suspended (assume this as lucias just got the mail saying so).

I dont really know any more at the moment as to whats happening but am feeling a little useless >< doin what i can as are the rest of the e+e guys here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom