llllllllllllllllllll WARNING READ THIS lllllllllllllllllll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
This guy has some serious hacks to make lucias the lvl 50 mercenary a greycon highlander invader...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
man. sorry to hear that Lucias, hope GOA can fix all the accounts thats been hacked :(

Funkybunny

Banned
how come he is red coloured name and how is that possible? or... WHY is that possible? and why is he getting attacked by guards?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Funkybunny said:
how come he is red coloured name and how is that possible? or... WHY is that possible? and why is he getting attacked by guards?

my guess is that someone got their hands on a GM account or somhow succeed in making 3:rd party GM tools and changed the realm status..

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
To clarify:

What had happened is that Kemor or Zargar, or another server admin had changed Lucias' realm so that he could not trade (Smart move) and also it seems that he was teleporting Lucias to Sauvage and chainkilling him with the BK guards so that he couldnt do anything.

Very clever it seems what has happened.

Toxx

Fledgling Freddie
whichever GM came up with that idea = pure genius. Well done :D

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Hi everyone,

Here's a small heads up about the Lucias account:

The character Lucias was "disabled" in game to prevent any further damaging action over the character and account. Meanwhile, the account was secured on our side (aka suspended) and will remain suspended during the investigations.

There was indeed GM power in action, taken by a GOA GM.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Lets hope they catch this pathetic individual, my hotmail was hacked today too and i spoke to kemor today who handle the situation very well aswell as fishi, a big thanks to both.

Remember if anyone is being suspicious doing things that can't be done please report it to a member of E&E!

I am very annoyed with what happened to lucias, i am going to organise a guild cash raising fund if any of his character's items have been stolen.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
[GOA]Erivoss said:
Its a sad state of affairs when we assume (due to GOAs history) that these actions are taken by some "hacker" rather than GOA until told otherwise.

Still - security flaws with Hotmail (if that is indeed the problem in these cases) arent remotely surprising. Theyve cropped up every few months since their first major problem 5 years ago. Theres no shortage of webmail providers, Hotmails history suggests that anyone still using it should switch as soon as possible.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Omg :( well... Good work by the gamemasters with Lucias account ;) smart move, and sad to hear that so many gets hacked its important, will spread the words as fast as possible

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
[GOA]Erivoss said:
Hi everyone,

Here's a small heads up about the Lucias account:

The character Lucias was "disabled" in game to prevent any further damaging action over the character and account. Meanwhile, the account was secured on our side (aka suspended) and will remain suspended during the investigations.

i stand corrected, and am glad about it. :)

nice work :clap: :clap:

now biach slap that fekking hacker!!!

burg

Fledgling Freddie
I had my sub infos in my e-mail from when GOA sent me a new one. Checked hotmail for it to delete it, but it's not there. Is this a bad sign? I'm sure I haven't deleted them.

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
burg said:
I had my sub infos in my e-mail from when GOA sent me a new one. Checked hotmail for it to delete it, but it's not there. Is this a bad sign? I'm sure I haven't deleted them.

Dont take chances, send off for new Pwords imo. My Pwords were already deleted from my hotmail account, but they were still recovered somehow.

To all the people giving support, its really appreciated, and a special thanks to Spesh and GOA.

Nelly

Fledgling Freddie
the thing that bothers me is where do they get the info for these e-mail accounts in the first place ?

Lil*

Fledgling Freddie
Just so you know, all affected by this Goa will probably temporaily close your account.
They did this to mine with just this to say (no explanation or anything, but i've alrdy had 2 hacked so it was probably the only thing they could do)
We closed temporarily these accounts : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please send us as soon as possible following information for EACH account:

a. Copy of the identity card
b. Copy of the last credit card bills (the last payment for DAoC has to be mentioned,)
c. Last registered "profile" information (first and last name, postal and email address, both cdkeys)
d. A proof of your postal address ( telephone bill or receipt of electricity ).

Wanadoo FRANCE - GOA,
Administration des ventes Jeu
48 rue Camille Desmoulins
F-92791 Issy les Moulineaux cedex 9
France

No explaination or anything was given, NO news on camelot-europe homepage to warn people of such exploit.

Only news given is from E&E's , which quite frankly dont work for GoA but atm are doing their security alert job :p

Good job anyway, hope they track the sobs IPs and report it to the police...

One of my guild m8s has experienced the same problem and had his account temp. closed, he went down to Paris and sorted it out. nice one :p
Just hope we all dont have to do that :x

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
I hope goa people read this, i did some research on this person who hacked lucias:

-I KNOW(because he wouldn't hack out hotmails and take advantage of them like he currently has done, there must be a reason) he hates me, lucias, phusion, krokofant, chimaira and xeanor.

-He seems a young person and seems to use simple phrases not full words from seeing chimaira's picture earlier of hacker talking to borim while being on chimaira's inf and from the replies kroko, me and toxii got off a weird char(assuming that the person probably was him).

-Another strange thing, a guy pmed me out of the blue i didn't know him and he replied the exact same thing to toxii and krokofant, this was from 3 DIFFERENT characters(how often does someone from 2 different servers give 3 people completely same replies? near impossible, no i do not mean normal common phrases i mean one's that people so rarely use), 2 were alb pryd and 1 was mid excal.

He obviously has some kind of grudge against the five of us i mentioned above, my hotmail is currently working but i am still not sure if my daoc account is going to be fully safe, i will know when i am back playing it.Of course if anything happens to me i have told people to tell a member of E&E asap for me.

Lil*

Fledgling Freddie
Get goa to make u an trap ... or 1 of the 5 hes after.
They should send you an empty account login pass/name to one hotmail account, and see the twit hack it, then login un-knowinly his ip will be captured and everything.

Chilly

Balls of steel
ip bans are not always effective, not everyoen has as tatic (in fact 99% of ppl on a modem are dynamic IPs) what needs ot be done is fond out WHO the fucker is irl and ban HIM and tell his ISP who will kick him off and probably blakclist him or something.

that said, burn in hell u slag!

November

Fledgling Freddie
Shoot the person who does this in my opinion.
Maybe it's a young person, but he must be pretty clever if he knows how
to do this.. :p Thanks for the information all, hope you keep it up so we can know when its all over and we can be calm about our accounts again. :fluffle:

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
This thread will remain a sticky for a while now to make sure everyone gets the message to not use hotmail. :)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
I hope goa people read this, i did some research on this person who hacked lucias:

-I KNOW(because he wouldn't hack out hotmails and take advantage of them like he currently has done, there must be a reason) he hates me, lucias, phusion, krokofant, chimaira and xeanor.

-He seems a young person and seems to use simple phrases not full words from seeing chimaira's picture earlier of hacker talking to borim while being on chimaira's inf and from the replies kroko, me and toxii got off a weird char(assuming that the person probably was him).

-Another strange thing, a guy pmed me out of the blue i didn't know him and he replied the exact same thing to toxii and krokofant, this was from 3 DIFFERENT characters(how often does someone from 2 different servers give 3 people completely same replies? near impossible, no i do not mean normal common phrases i mean one's that people so rarely use), 2 were alb pryd and 1 was mid excal.

He obviously has some kind of grudge against the five of us i mentioned above, my hotmail is currently working but i am still not sure if my daoc account is going to be fully safe, i will know when i am back playing it.Of course if anything happens to me i have told people to tell a member of E&E asap for me.

Agree with Sycho.
Lucias Sycho Xeanor all got haxxed after me.
after helping me. all being me friends.
I also know krokofant.

It also seems it started out with myself
I got hacked friday the 13th.
after that some hack chain has started.

I hope this gets sorted A S A P.

So far GOA seem to have taken interest in it and help people out.

If I feel I gotta be scared to get hacked every time I should log on daoc
I bet I just retire tbh.

I hope it works out for all of you.

GOA helped me a bunch.

Note:
Anyone know if Hotmail staff?! has been alerted that many of their accounts are getting hacked?

Regards

Cyfr

Banned
Do we know that is is a hotmail exploit or are people being hacked and then passwords for hotmail stolen?

"This thread will remain a sticky for a while now to make sure everyone gets the message to not use hotmail."
Watch your mouth sharma or M$ will sue your ass! :D

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
The problem aint if you got details or not in your mail
the problem is that hacker gets your email
then ask goa to send him (goa thinks it you) new passwords to that email
just like you would do yourself

so removing any passwords etc in your email wont do you any good.

CHANGE your registred email via subscription login please.

Humble Regards

Chimaira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom