Little advise needed on Cata classes :-)

living

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings, oki so WOW kinda started getting boring and is góing to give Catacombs a try - sad part is I kinda 'lost' whatever characters i had so need to start a new one from scratch.

I love to solo PvE mostly (actually pvp don't mean much to me - just want some realm abilities to boost me in pve) and was wondering which of the new classes will be most viable for me?

Herectic seems pretty interresting as it has selfbuffs and seems very viable in a group too (no buffbots, im against those!). Read a little about how they can solo some high level stuff - but will they have a lot of downtime against even cons?
And what on earth do the Ressurrect "Monster" do?

Read Warlocks are quite overpowered in pvp, but they will get their meeting with the nerf bat-- will they be any good PvE after that happens? Could imagen a lot of downtime after eaach fight with this class.

Thanks for you'r help :)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
shadow mastery vamp for the pve win :D

fully buffed permanently, uber parry boof 0wns and 300 point HoT w00t!

very little downtime as the more you fight the more you have opertunity to get max end/power/health.

plus they fly!11!!1!

no idea apart from that tbh sorry :(

I am newb :(

/cry

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Vampiir, Heretic or Bainshee are good levelers.

Power pots would be best for the later two.

living

Fledgling Freddie
Okies, thanks alot for the info :) will try them 1 by 1 until i find one who fits my playstyle :)

Keeg

Fledgling Freddie
if you want to be good in pve. roll a necro. no downtime

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
Roll a vamp, never had so much fun in pve :) Prolly has quite alot to do with the better ways of exping but always being buffed and no downtime makes it alot better / easier.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Carrera said:
Roll a vamp, never had so much fun in pve :) Prolly has quite alot to do with the better ways of exping but always being buffed and no downtime makes it alot better / easier.

I completely agree, the most fun class I've ever played so far and I really tried almost every char from all 3 realms ;). Necro is plain boring when xp'ing altho he's uber, but the Vampiir is uber and I just love to pve with him cause you gotta play with all the different toys :). Good job Mythic on making a fun class to play :worthy:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Keeg said:
no resist with servant shielding and fop

that means having a buffbot. and if u read ALL of the first post ud see he didnt wanna have one and was looking for a gooc solo char based on that. and then a necro isnt good at all...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Thegreatest said:
Good job Mythic on making a fun class to play :worthy:

i suppose all classes are fun when they are overpowered in one way or another :)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
i suppose all classes are fun when they are overpowered in one way or another :)

nah like I said, the necro is also overpowered in PVE but it's sooooo boring to play, after 15 mins you have enough of it ;)

Also another class that is fun to play is the skald, I just like classes with some fluff/some extra abbilities to play with instead of like an armsman which just bashes some styles when pve ;). And a Vamp isn't overpowered really, I've died several times till now because I had missed like 5 times in a row so I couldnt get any power back and if you don't have your buffs up a Vamp's defence is horrible...

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
nah like I said, the necro is also overpowered in PVE but it's sooooo boring to play, after 15 mins you have enough of it ;)

Also another class that is fun to play is the skald, I just like classes with some fluff/some extra abbilities to play with instead of like an armsman which just bashes some styles when pve ;). And a Vamp isn't overpowered really, I've died several times till now because I had missed like 5 times in a row so I couldnt get any power back and if you don't have your buffs up a Vamp's defence is horrible...

That my friend is probably because you've neglected piercing. Mines slightly higher than SM at my level and i find i rarely miss on blues-oj's (on reds i sometimes miss but reds shouldn't be your target anyway).

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
That my friend is probably because you've neglected piercing. Mines slightly higher than SM at my level and i find i rarely miss on blues-oj's (on reds i sometimes miss but reds shouldn't be your target anyway).

I've discovered that mobs in classic zones/task-instances and walk-instances from classic dungeons are very easy to kill and I will rarely miss on them but the new catacombs mobs like in Veil Rift are damn hard cause they seem to parry/evade a lot and it's like you miss more on them...But while we are at it, I'm lvl 16 and got the first head shot style now...It has no bonus to hit, no bonus to defense, med fatigue and high damage...Now the lvl 6 pierce style (taunt) has med bonus to hit, med penalty to defence, medium fatigue and high damage...Should I use the taunt style or the head shot style? I've discovered I'm missing a lot more when using the head shot style compared to the taunt one...And at low lvls I'm not parrying that much anyway so the defense penalty shouldnt be a big deal, but the to hit bonus is great as we need to hit to be max effective...

ps. about the spec: Im keeping SM 1 lvl behind my own lvl and put rest in Pierce...At lvl 16 I got 15SM and 11(+3) pierce.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Warlocks, have very little downtime, because they have a self cast power regen that you can attach to a spell in a chamber at the highest level i reckon its about mr8 or so...

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
he is starting from scratch...so don´t think he has fop...go sight for necro until 50 and get a bb with fop then respec to servant and pwn

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
I've discovered that mobs in classic zones/task-instances and walk-instances from classic dungeons are very easy to kill and I will rarely miss on them but the new catacombs mobs like in Veil Rift are damn hard cause they seem to parry/evade a lot and it's like you miss more on them...But while we are at it, I'm lvl 16 and got the first head shot style now...It has no bonus to hit, no bonus to defense, med fatigue and high damage...Now the lvl 6 pierce style (taunt) has med bonus to hit, med penalty to defence, medium fatigue and high damage...Should I use the taunt style or the head shot style? I've discovered I'm missing a lot more when using the head shot style compared to the taunt one...And at low lvls I'm not parrying that much anyway so the defense penalty shouldnt be a big deal, but the to hit bonus is great as we need to hit to be max effective...QUOTE]

Soloing with most classes the taunt is better than the anytimes. It draws attention, and drops your defence a bit, but it has lower endurance cost, and decent damage. And yes, to hit bonus is your friend.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom