light at end of tunnel?(last nights rvr)

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
Well im afraid your dictionary is incomplete :) i have one here in front of me that confirms it :) just cba to translate from portuguese to english all of it :)

Calling the Oxford English Dictionary incomplete is way out of your league m8 :D

..tis biblical in the academic world.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Sollers said:
Calling the Oxford English Dictionary incomplete is way out of your league m8 :D

..tis biblical in the academic world.

Idiot= Idiota in portuguese and since Oxford dictionary dosent work for portuguese yes im pretty sure. in fact the word idiotic comes from latin ?Idea? iirc

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
swords said:
I'm sure the Portuguese know more about the English language than the English...

Im sure my Portugese English Teacher knows more english then you so were are you trying to reach with that observation?

PS: this discution is going pretty much out of context anyway

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
U are the idiot that assumes U know it all
U are the idiot that says how ppl should play
U are the idiot that assume that i assumed anything.

And you are the one that should learn how to read before calling ppl names.
Fyi a idiot is a person with many ideas Check dictionary

i never told anyobdy how they should play anyhting, so fo with that crap alrdy.

i told what happens when somebody do specific things, and what can be done to prevent it. and thats even based on the complaints brought out by the writer himself (he complains bout getting zerged/added on, i say why it happens to the extend it does, and what can be done to prevent it (or part of it), if u have a better suggestion feel free to lay it out there).

theres 3 simply options avalible to an rvr grp with split ppl (some who want fg vs fg and some who dont care). those who do care can stop caring, they can leave the grp, or they can try to change the non caring ways of others.
u dont have any 4th option if u want ur wish for fg vs fg fulfilled (except hope that ppl will leave ur grp alone regardless, or keep complaining, but that hardly qualifies as options seeing how they dont change anything). seeing what was written was a complain bout being added / zerged, it is to be assumed that the person wants more fg vs fg (duh), and thus one of those 3 options should prolly take effect - and unless u want to stop caring, or quit the grp, theres only one viable option left... the one i wrote.

and quite seriously.. dictionary interpritation of commonly known words to get back at ppl... u can do better and less boringly i think...

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Kinetix said:
Idiot= Idiota in portuguese and since Oxford dictionary dosent work for portuguese yes im pretty sure. in fact the word idiotic comes from latin ?Idea? iirc

In fact idiota in Latin means incompetent, ignorant and so on and comes from the Ancient Greek Idiòtes (that, by chance, bares the same meaning).
So u are just plain wrong and that is ^^

Check pls http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot kthx

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:

allow me...

I posted the Etymology of the word idiot. Etymology in layman language means the 'process of word formation': So it traces back all words known (in english since its an english dict.) to their very origin.

Had you then actually read my findings, which I will in short quote again [a. F. idiot (13th c. in Hatz.-Darm.) = It., Sp., Pg. idiota, ad. L. idiota uneducated, ignorant person, ad, you can only conclude that idiot is in a fact a word with a French, and thus not Latin, origin dating back from the 13th century.

In all the various, but more or less similar, definitions it held over the years not one comes even close to describing an idiot as someone 'with many ideas'.

So again, you are wrong :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Sollers said:
allow me...

I posted the Etymology of the word idiot. Etymology in layman language means the 'process of word formation': So it traces back all words known (in english since its an english dict.) to their very origin.

Had you then actually read my findings, which I will in short quote again [a. F. idiot (13th c. in Hatz.-Darm.) = It., Sp., Pg. idiota, ad. L. idiota uneducated, ignorant person, ad, you can only conclude that idiot is in a fact a word with a French, and thus not Latin, origin dating back from the 13th century.

In all the various, but more or less similar, definitions it held over the years not one comes even close to describing an idiot as someone 'with many ideas'.

i have many ideas! :)

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
So.. now I am kinda confused, according to one person in your group we can't bring anyone that has a certain playing style because that will mean people will add on us because of that player in the group and the other one says we shouldn't kill a group just because one player is an adder because it's not fair towards the other people in the group..

Aw well I think everyone has a different opinion about those situations, for instance if you go out in the afternoon, solo or duo, and get zerged by a 4 people "GG" type group and log out then log back in that evening and get a FG out and you see that same "GG" but now they are a FG aswell would it be fair to ruin their fight because half their group did the same thing earlier or wouldn't that be fair to the other half, I mean where do people draw the line?

what vf says is how the grps he is in plays (and a couple others)
what im saying is how many grps/ppl play, thats how its been for ages in many guilds.
in addition to those theres ofc also all the grps that dont care regardless :p

example: imagine the difference in adds a relativly unknown grp would have running with a well known non adding sorc, or horner. one will help create a non adding reputation, making a number of guilds leave u alone. the other will give the grp a bad reputation and make everybody add.
(good and bad being in the sense of fg vs fg fighting that is)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Sollers said:
allow me...

Gahn and Solloers:

yes mates i can also do copy and paste and still your consult a english dictionary being latin or not, its still a english interpretation of the english word idiot to latin :) so im afraid your wrong :)
To bad i dont have a scanner here or i would post the page :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Kinetix said:
Gahn and Solloers:

yes mates i can also do copy and paste and still your consult a english dictionary being latin or not, its still a english interpretation of the english word idiot to latin :) so im afraid your wrong :)

Wtf mate am italian and i studied Latin, don't start me on that, u want a photocopy of a Latin Dictionary? lol some peeps -.-

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
gwal said:
what vf says is how the grps he is in plays (and a couple others)
what im saying is how many grps/ppl play, thats how its been for ages in many guilds.
in addition to those theres ofc also all the grps that dont care regardless :p

example: imagine the difference in adds a relativly unknown grp would have running with a well known non adding sorc, or horner. one will help create a non adding reputation, making a number of guilds leave u alone. the other will give the grp a bad reputation and make everybody add.
(good and bad being in the sense of fg vs fg fighting that is)

The way you said felt like you were dictating the way ppl have to play acording to the groups will. In fact even Andrilyn understood that way so im not the only one.
What you said in the example i have to disagree, most of the cases when i find a fg fighting another i dont click on them to see name if they add or not, Pbbly guild colors/emblems but would never add on a FG just cause one of them usually adds

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
Gahn and Solloers:

yes mates i can also do copy and paste and still your consult a english dictionary being latin or not, its still a english interpretation of the english word idiot to latin. so im afraid your wrong

The fact that I consult an English dictionary doesn't say f*ck all as it has nothing to do with it. This dictionary simply provides the objective history of words that our currently in the english language. :p

But ok.. have it your way :) I'll drop this :D

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
The way you said felt like you were dictating the way ppl have to play acording to the groups will. In fact even Andrilyn understood that way so im not the only one.
What you said in the example i have to disagree, most of the cases when i find a fg fighting another i dont click on them to see name if they add or not, Pbbly guild colors/emblems but would never add on a FG just cause one of them usually adds

i dare u to run with horner then :D

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
gwal said:
i dare u to run with horner then :D

I get zerged anyway either soloing, being with Horner or having Jesus Crist in group :)
i found really funny the chillax post and the unnecessary flame done on that guy that grouped with horner.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Kinetix said:
Im sure my Portugese English Teacher knows more english then you so were are you trying to reach with that observation?

PS: this discution is going pretty much out of context anyway

There are alot of ways i could argue that point but since it's not relevant to the topic of who added on who, i shall refraim from doing so. Still, it's nice being English and all since it keeps me up to date with all the new slang terms :p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
So.. now I am kinda confused, according to one person in your group we can't bring anyone that has a certain playing style because that will mean people will add on us because of that player in the group and the other one says we shouldn't kill a group just because one player is an adder because it's not fair towards the other people in the group..

Aw well I think everyone has a different opinion about those situations, for instance if you go out in the afternoon, solo or duo, and get zerged by a 4 people "GG" type group and log out then log back in that evening and get a FG out and you see that same "GG" but now they are a FG aswell would it be fair to ruin their fight because half their group did the same thing earlier or wouldn't that be fair to the other half, I mean where do people draw the line?

no, gwal is pretty much being hypothetical or whatever its called. he says taking players in group with a certain history attached to them might cause some people to want to return the favour on him personally, and involve both groups in the process. i can asure you gwal isn't a person for revenge though, he never plays without a fg and if he ends up to be in a group that adds he isnt a happy dane.

so much for his point, my point is that i don't really care of you add on us or not. feel free to do so (just like any other group), it's kinda fun to have a fg adds sometimes really. i just don't like the "but you were in the rr group", "this is why we started to add (include screenies of the very last runs), etc, because it's, well, bullshit :p

if you don't like the adding your group did, you can apologize as a person if you want to, and if you enjoyed playing like that.. then.. just say you had fun. maybe i oversimplified it, but in the end it kinda boils down to that i fink :)

that and a short disclaimer to follow my own advise in a way, i speak for myself and not the group i was in. rage is not my guild and most i hardly know, just played with them that evening (and yesterday)

dwystah

Fledgling Freddie
islef said:
Just hoping RR are soon done RP PL'ing korren so they will go back to just being a good group that kill me fair and square, instead of a good group that add and kill me just the same......

/isle.

mate you get it all wrong its me RP PL'ing the others

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom