light at end of tunnel?(last nights rvr)

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
I like to think of it as /assisting realm freinds:) but guess to cross-realmers helping realm mates out don't mean shit, cause if you cross-realm no one means shit to ya? that is not a dig at you tho :fluffle:

some call it cross realming, some consider it respecting other ppls fun (and thus in return getting ur own).

some see all as an equal part of the game (or most), some see their own realm only.
wonder who has the most ppl that means shit to him/her.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
self-promoted gods of daoc are sorta easy to find in this thread me thinks!

any autogramz m8s _? :p

anyhow, zeph4pReS!

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
it doesn't matter if people add, it's those who add and make up bullshit excuses that are frustrating.

same flames, same kind of replies in such threads dont you agree tho? i mean same milk in a different package maybe or so :drink:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
excuses excuses :p keep on adding, it spices up rvr. just cut the crap :D

Then don't believe it but only me and the other people in Vent that day can disaprove what I said.
We were the only alb group running in Emain that evening to my knowledge and when stuff like This and This happends everytime you want to get a clear fight that day then people start to just not care about any adding policy anymore.

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Then don't believe it but only me and the other people in Vent that day can disaprove what I said.
We were the only alb group running in Emain that evening to my knowledge and when stuff like This and This happends everytime you want to get a clear fight that day then people start to just not care about any adding policy anymore.

no offence but arctic circle arent excactely well known for their non adding members. think u might wanna sort that add policy out internally before looking at others (not saying u add as a gg, dno bout that, but ppl dont rly care when u have numerous adding/zerging ppl in the grp).

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:

you know that's very fucking funny because those screenshots are taken at the very end of the evening. :) that and no, you were not the only albgroup, asylum was out aswell but on the "fg side" of the river.

i remember both incidents, both of them started out with us engaging mids and you coming out of nowhere to add on the fight - we pulled back some, and engaged you directly after we had recovered.

i was barding the group and even though you deserved it more then anything i didn't add on your fights, but i sure as hell didn't give any order to disengage after you added once again on a fight originally ours.

shittalking over yet?

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:

Do you guys not use vent ? Focus shield on quickbar :( replace that with another nearsite :eek:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Well then I guess there's nothing else to do than just agree to disagree, Fact was we got fights like that most of the evening 2fg Hibs on stick and even more Mids near Crim (eventhough if you go close to Crim it was kinda your own fault at that time).
My early statement was no excuse as I have no excuses to make it was a mere apology as I though you based your statement of us adding on one situation which was a misunderstanding but I guess it's rooted deeper than that.
I will openly admit I will "add" on certain groups (Shivhae (GA mid) and RR) so no excuses there, whether or not people in my guild feel the same about that I don't know but in a group fight I will not follow my own vendictive feeling towards those groups but will only follow the calls of the person leading the group at that moment.

And to my knowledge Mustrum(File) and Waffu (I think) are the only ones playing really active atm where the rest is rarely playing outside GG times so no idea where that statement comes from where you say outside the GG everyone adds in AC is beyond me as people rarely play outside those times.

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
monday's (atm) is always the most active RVR day,Jamtland was full of groups,dunno about emain.And also there was someaction in agramon.

Also in the middle of this Jamtland confusion we had some very nice FG-FG fights.

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
And to my knowledge Mustrum(File) and Waffu (I think) are the only ones playing really active atm where the rest is rarely playing outside GG times so no idea where that statement comes from where you say outside the GG everyone adds in AC is beyond me as people rarely play outside those times.

didnt say everyone adds outside ur gg tho.

and mustrum is indeed one of the ppl i ment.

its quite simple for many ppl in daoc. one person adds/zergs them, they do it back.. what grp that person is with doesnt matter that much. so if part of a guild brings it a bad reputation outside GGs, chances are GGs wont be left alone by many.

hence why u might wanna control certain ppl in ur own guild if u want fg vs fg fights instead of getting zerged (and as vf said, u adding on fights as a gg dont rly help the alrdy bad reputation either, even if it is by mistake).

its not that i personally care what ppl do, just telling how the world works for many.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Alexandrinus said:
monday's (atm) is always the most active RVR day,Jamtland was full of groups,dunno about emain.And also there was someaction in agramon.

Also in the middle of this Jamtland confusion we had some very nice FG-FG fights.

What i found funny last night was when i was solo running at your fg, The only button you could find was grapple ;d

auroria

Banned
dwystah said:
funny since u was the one adding on us
we never added on you or your fights, we engaged same fights some times, but we both pulled off every time we did, and your not the one to nag at someone adding, u stuck our gg last week and added alot ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
if you add on one group you also add on the one they're fighting, who probably don't deserve to have a fight ruined because of your lust for vengeance or something.

there isn't anything to disagree about, if you want to do three adds as blatant as they can become then feel free to, just keep the crap to yourself. that's all. :p

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Andrilyn said:

A group with Calmin 'Grapple everything for life', Mustrum 'must nuke literally everything' is bound to get adds ;)

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
You know, it's kind of flattering that your grp uses so much effort in trying to spoil the game for me. Obviously I'm something really special to you guys.

Thanks for the consideration! :fluffle:

You smell like pork, that's what drive em all crazy. :p

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
gwal said:
didnt say everyone adds outside ur gg tho.

and mustrum is indeed one of the ppl i ment.

its quite simple for many ppl in daoc. one person adds/zergs them, they do it back.. what grp that person is with doesnt matter that much. so if part of a guild brings it a bad reputation outside GGs, chances are GGs wont be left alone by many.

hence why u might wanna control certain ppl in ur own guild if u want fg vs fg fights instead of getting zerged

You got to be fu**ing joking... control other players? are you nuts? i got news for you mate its a frecking game jezz. ppl play the way they want not the way you want. if you decide to add just add jezz sick tired of this add whine.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
A group with Calmin 'Grapple everything for life', Mustrum 'must nuke literally everything' is bound to get adds ;)

Yeah and duo of stealthers ganking soloers right? not much morale here :twak:

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
You got to be fu**ing joking... control other players? are you nuts? i got news for you mate its a frecking game jezz. ppl play the way they want not the way you want. if you decide to add just add jezz sick tired of this add whine.

now if u go bak and fckin read whats been written u might learn smth.

HE is the one whining bout getting zerged.
I am the one telling why it happens.
U are the idiot that doesnt have a clue cause u assume too much.

jeez sick and tired of ppl who cant read.

islef

Loyal Freddie
Just hoping RR are soon done RP PL'ing korren so they will go back to just being a good group that kill me fair and square, instead of a good group that add and kill me just the same......

/isle.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Kinetix said:
Yeah and duo of stealthers ganking soloers right? not much morale here :twak:

actually seems kinda fair with 2 stealthers on certain solo classes :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
gwal said:

Vodkafairy said:
if you add on one group you also add on the one they're fighting, who probably don't deserve to have a fight ruined because of your lust for vengeance or something.

So.. now I am kinda confused, according to one person in your group we can't bring anyone that has a certain playing style because that will mean people will add on us because of that player in the group and the other one says we shouldn't kill a group just because one player is an adder because it's not fair towards the other people in the group..

Aw well I think everyone has a different opinion about those situations, for instance if you go out in the afternoon, solo or duo, and get zerged by a 4 people "GG" type group and log out then log back in that evening and get a FG out and you see that same "GG" but now they are a FG aswell would it be fair to ruin their fight because half their group did the same thing earlier or wouldn't that be fair to the other half, I mean where do people draw the line?

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
gwal said:
now if u go bak and fckin read whats been written u might learn smth.

HE is the one whining bout getting zerged.
I am the one telling why it happens.
U are the idiot that doesnt have a clue cause u assume too much.

jeez sick and tired of ppl who cant read.

U are the idiot that assumes U know it all
U are the idiot that says how ppl should play
U are the idiot that assume that i assumed anything.

And you are the one that should learn how to read before calling ppl names.
Fyi a idiot is a person with many ideas Check dictionary

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
actually seems kinda fair with 2 stealthers on certain solo classes :)

Yes i agree :) BDs Warlocks and Moc Lifetapers... but hardly a poor mincer :p

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
And you are the one that should learn how to read before calling ppl names.
Fyi a idiot is a person with many ideas Check dictionary

You had me interested there so I had a quick peek in the Oxford English Dictionary and this is the full etymology:

[a. F. idiot (13th c. in Hatz.-Darm.) = It., Sp., Pg. idiota, ad. L. idiZta uneducated, ignorant person, ad. Gr. ®diÝsg| private person, common man, plebeian, one without professional knowledge, ‘layman’; and so, ignorant, ill-informed person, f. °dio| private, own, peculiar.
In the 16th c., instances of the word are found with initial n, transferred from an (a nidiot:—an idiot); nidiot was further popularly corrupted to nidget (q.v.). With the latter cf. the modern vulgar pronunciation, sometimes graphically represented as idget.]
†1. a. A person without learning; an ignorant, uneducated man; a simple man; a clown. Obs.
This use is app. partly due to passages in the Vulgate or Greek N.T., esp. Acts iv. 13, 1 Cor. xiv. 16.

†b. spec. A layman. Obs.

†c. One not professionally learned or skilled; also, a private (as opposed to a public) man. Obs.

2. a. A person so deficient in mental or intellectual faculty as to be incapable of ordinary acts of reasoning or rational conduct. Applied to one permanently so afflicted, as distinguished from one who is temporarily insane, or ‘out of his wits’, and who either has lucid intervals, or may be expected to recover his reason.
By the older legal authorities an idiot is defined as one congenitally deficient in reasoning powers, a ‘natural fool’ (cf. quot. 1590), and this is still the common implication of the term. In quot. 1440 = half-wit.

b. A term of reprobation for one who speaks or acts in what the speaker considers an irrational way, or with extreme stupidity or folly; a blockhead, an utter fool.

†c. A man of weak intellect maintained to afford amusement to others; a household or court fool; a professional fool or jester. idiot's hood, a fool's cap. Obs.

3. attrib. or quasi-adj. a. Appositive, as idiot boy, fool, man, mother. b. Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of an idiot or idiocy, idiotic; as idiot face, laugh, look, etc.

4. Comb., as idiot-born, -dull, -like adjs.; idiot-worshipper. idiot asylum, a term formerly used for a hospital for the mentally ill; idiot board colloq., a prompting board held before a television speaker but not projected on the film; idiot box colloq., a television set; also transf.; idiot card colloq., = idiot board; idiot fringe, (a) a fringe of hair in a style once worn (see quots.); (b) (occas.) = lunatic fringe; idiot light colloq., a warning light, usu. red, that goes on when a fault occurs in a mechanical or electrical device; idiot-proof a. colloq. = fool-proof a., esp. of equipment; idiot sheet colloq., = idiot board; idiot stick U.S. slang, a shovel; idiot stitch, tricot-stitch, the easiest stitch in crochet work.

To sum it up.. you're wrong :p

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Sollers said:
You had me interested there so I had a quick peek in the Oxford English Dictionary and this is the full etymology:

[a. F. idiot (13th c. in Hatz.-Darm.) = It., Sp., Pg. idiota, ad. L. idiZta uneducated, ignorant person, ad. Gr. ®diÝsg| private person, common man, plebeian, one without professional knowledge, ‘layman’; and so, ignorant, ill-informed person, f. °dio| private, own, peculiar.
In the 16th c., instances of the word are found with initial n, transferred from an (a nidiot:—an idiot); nidiot was further popularly corrupted to nidget (q.v.). With the latter cf. the modern vulgar pronunciation, sometimes graphically represented as idget.]
†1. a. A person without learning; an ignorant, uneducated man; a simple man; a clown. Obs.
This use is app. partly due to passages in the Vulgate or Greek N.T., esp. Acts iv. 13, 1 Cor. xiv. 16.

†b. spec. A layman. Obs.

†c. One not professionally learned or skilled; also, a private (as opposed to a public) man. Obs.

2. a. A person so deficient in mental or intellectual faculty as to be incapable of ordinary acts of reasoning or rational conduct. Applied to one permanently so afflicted, as distinguished from one who is temporarily insane, or ‘out of his wits’, and who either has lucid intervals, or may be expected to recover his reason.
By the older legal authorities an idiot is defined as one congenitally deficient in reasoning powers, a ‘natural fool’ (cf. quot. 1590), and this is still the common implication of the term. In quot. 1440 = half-wit.

b. A term of reprobation for one who speaks or acts in what the speaker considers an irrational way, or with extreme stupidity or folly; a blockhead, an utter fool.

†c. A man of weak intellect maintained to afford amusement to others; a household or court fool; a professional fool or jester. idiot's hood, a fool's cap. Obs.

3. attrib. or quasi-adj. a. Appositive, as idiot boy, fool, man, mother. b. Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of an idiot or idiocy, idiotic; as idiot face, laugh, look, etc.

4. Comb., as idiot-born, -dull, -like adjs.; idiot-worshipper. idiot asylum, a term formerly used for a hospital for the mentally ill; idiot board colloq., a prompting board held before a television speaker but not projected on the film; idiot box colloq., a television set; also transf.; idiot card colloq., = idiot board; idiot fringe, (a) a fringe of hair in a style once worn (see quots.); (b) (occas.) = lunatic fringe; idiot light colloq., a warning light, usu. red, that goes on when a fault occurs in a mechanical or electrical device; idiot-proof a. colloq. = fool-proof a., esp. of equipment; idiot sheet colloq., = idiot board; idiot stick U.S. slang, a shovel; idiot stitch, tricot-stitch, the easiest stitch in crochet work.

To sum it up.. you're wrong :p

Well im afraid your dictionary is incomplete :) i have one here in front of me that confirms it :) just cba to translate from portuguese to english all of it :)

swords

Can't get enough of FH
I'm sure the Portuguese know more about the English language than the English...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom