Life and times of English Cluster 2001-2007

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Guys and girls I think most would agree that too much doom and gloom has decended on the once great English servers of DAOC.

I have taken the liberty and produced a crappy movie of lots of the peoples good, bad and ugly moments in the life of this server for the last 6 years.

I would like to think over the next few months people will add to the list and at least show those that just once we did have the best server around.

I have set the movie bar quite low because I have little talent in the area, but I'm hoping those that make movies and do a good job on them will produce better ones down the track.

Eble

I give you memories, I hope it brings a smile to your face as it did me making it. (14meg file 5mins long)

http://www.adam.com.au/southstar/memories.wmv

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
first!

nice one mate :wub:

edit: Fucking nice video mate! Very well done

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Good movie m8, just makes me sad, even though yet it is a game that, thats all gone now.

Sorin

Banned
I remember the night where albs wanted revenge on the mids for taking alb strength relic i think it was.

There was like 500+ albs hitting the gate and they kept on comming.
and there was atleast that many mids to defend.

I remember i just arrived, and then the server crashed.

That was just so funny.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Very good video...was thinking of doing this myself if only I could find a decent TGA converter which isn't going to take me three years to convert all of my pics. Still got over a thousand pics ranging from the very beginning of daoc upto just a week ago :)

Good times indeed, R.I.P. Dyvet...

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
The movie probably will only appeal to the people that have played this game for a long time.

a lot of the newbies less that 3 years :) will just see zergs, its just a real shame not everyone was able how great this server was.

Eble

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
The movie probably will only appeal to the people that have played this game for a long time.

a lot of the newbies less that 3 years :) will just see zergs, its just a real shame not everyone was able how great this server was.

Eble
Just watched it and it brought some nice memories back. And honestly nothing will ever create the sensation that playing in early daoc did. Its sad but true. Partly cause i wont be able to play any game as much as back then cause of rl. But also cause once being able to experience the feeling daoc brought with it earlytimes, i think its impossible to relive it again. Its not novely ever again. And nothing new will be same thing.
Sad but at least we do have those memories of a great experience and game.
/over and out..ebe.

Killrake

Fledgling Freddie
Damn was good :clap:

Saw myself severel times, REALLY miss the good all days... some really good players have passed on exc/pryd, It truly hurts to look at it, now that the server is almost dead.

Best game I ever played, will take a long time before any playmaker will make a game that effects ppl this much.

Dyvet rest in peace.....U gave me many many nice moments.

:(:(:(

Have for the first time since Beta stopped my payments this week.

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie
With that same old lastname :) Was it the one in FS? remember I was on LAN with Ypen and some more FoMers and we had one of the first keeptakes afaik,.. Raided Renaris or ?

Killrake

Fledgling Freddie
With that same old lastname :) Was it the one in FS? remember I was on LAN with Ypen and some more FoMers and we had one of the first keeptakes afaik,.. Raided Renaris or ?

Dont remember where it was but we was not the highest realmranks :)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Fan-feckin-tastic Eble :)

Was awesome imo and brings back some really REALLY good memories - top work m8 :)

Oh and yeah it'll be nice if others do something similar too - will try and put something together myself after talking about it tonight on vent :)

Killder

Can't get enough of FH
Simple but effective!

Perfect choice of music and that last screeny of server population said it all.

Blackdeath

Fledgling Freddie
very good movie m8 really brought back alot of memories over the last 6 years! old frontiers for the win!

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Wow... nice memories, I miss the game from time to time even if it was 2 years ago I played the last time :(

I wonder if we ever will see a Dark Age of Camelot 2 :)

Gozlin

Fledgling Freddie
Nice Vid Elbe - only prob with the Relic Raids then was the Crashing of the server. But still great fun :)

Account Closed
Alb/Excal
Old Member of Crack suicide squad
Munvan lvl 50 Merc
Lonidra lvl 50 Arms
Geladus lvl 50 Theurgy
Aluf lvl 50 Necro
Erax lvl 50 Min

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom