Liberator - First thoughts

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Larik-
That's a lot more VS kills, are we really that much easier to gun down than the terrans? ;)

I just aim towards the general direction of the VS zerg, close my eyes and pull the trigger - you are bound to hit some of them at least. :p

F

Faeldawn

Anyone on Cyssor tonight?

Liberators in full effect, the skys were filled with lib's, mossies and reavers very impressive to watch, but damned painful for us ground troops :(

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
I just aim towards the general direction of the VS zerg, close my eyes and pull the trigger - you are bound to hit some of them at least. :p

lol. they are indeed that bad.
like lemmings toward a cliff (and just as easily killed) :p

B

bone_idle

I shot down a Liberator in my mossie before i specced into a Liberator. The one i shot down only had a pilot and a bomber no rear gunner.

But the next one i tried it on with had a rear gunner and i went down pretty quick.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Belsameth

Looked actually quite impressive when zounds of VS grunts charged out of Accan last night...

I had to zoom in twice to see if it was real - then strafed from left to right, emptying all my rockets into their ranks, then went on topspeed as their AA went off all around me... had Saliva/Click, Click, BOOM playing in the background. Was a cool moment. :)

Feck, that was an awesome moment even. Don't think I killed a lot but it damn sure felt great seeing all them explosions amongst the purple ants. :)

(and I am sure our grunts were happy about reduced armor/health on the hivelings :))

T

Turamber

Originally posted by Sarum TheBlack
Code:
UncleSick
Kills   VS    NC     TR      Enemy Total
	596   N/A    276    872

Hah! I was just thinking how wonderful that was, then I checked my own kills...

NC 442

TR 383

Total of 825

So not bad, and if you include all the times I've run my own people over or driven off a cliff and killed my squads... :)

S

Sarum TheBlack

Originally posted by Belsameth

But of course, it's not just VS.. every empire is equally guilty of honeypot syndrome. A continent with pop lock will have the most people at the bases, so the caps will be worth the most.. so that's where everyone goes. I've faced a blue and yellow river spraying shotgun pellets at all in its way before.. and equally faced many red tides sweeping over base after base. Unlike DAoC most people identify such epic battles as "a good battle", rather than moaning about the zergs.

P

[PS]Nova

Back on topic a bit.

I've played with the liberator a bit, and (although I can't mention the tailgun as we only had pilot/bomber, which may well have contributed to the many exploding liberators!) certainly it's quite fun.

We killed I think about 3-4 people in about half an hour (with no practice beforehand) with me still getting the hang of the manoeuverability - it is fairly slow in the air I find, and not that easy to turn... However, one thing I will say. The pilot's front cannon isn't as bad as people make out, especially amongst infantry :p

And even more especially against snipers who've been trying to snipe your bombadier as he gets in at an air tower, and who run like rabbits when you find them :p

But it was fun, think it will be more fun when I can find a reliable tailgunner and get a bit more used to piloting the thing, and my bombadier (venom) gets a bit more used to bombing.

Also had a -great- anti-liberator moment in a gunturret in a gun tower. I was in the turret and there was one liberator who kept doing passes over the tower, so I kept shooting him - he was trying to hit me, but only managed to kill me once :) I don't think I ever got him down, but it was still fun, I've never really tried wall turrets in the thick of a battle before, it was a lot of fun!

I messaged the guy in the liberator that killed me asking how much damage I'd managed to do on his 4 or so passes, but he never replied :(

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Get the Advanced Targetting implant, Angel and you'll know.;)

Played Bombardier for Vorac for a bit last night and it was actually fun. Most Liberator bombardiers seem to just drop one or two loads on a pass - I drop the whole magazine (to full effect, I must say). :)

Liberator is fun with the right crew, I prefer the Reaver, though.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

By the way...I tried to get some stats on the Liberator's bombs but all Google gets me is this.

J

Jonaldo

By the way...I tried to get some stats on the Liberator's bombs but all Google gets me is this.

old :p

:m00:

:clap:

P

[PS]Venom

I R teh ubererrr:

Venom:

NC kills - 725
TR kills - 497
Total - 1222

Down with the NC scummage!

Heehee.

My thoughts on the liberator? Will be a pig to bomb with if you get into one with someone who flies it like a reaver o_O

J

Jonaldo

Stopped counting kills after I deleted my TR inf ;) gets boring after 2000 odd *rah!*

nah not really I still check regularly :D

P

[PS]Nova

Yes, I do have adv targetting now - not sure whether I did at the time, knowing me I probably just didn't turn it on UncleSick.

And I've spent quite a bit of time today in a liberator - first doing tail gunning then a bit more piloting.

Have to say, while the tail gun is reasonably powerful (takes down reavers quite nicely) the arc of fire is absolutely terrible.

You've got about a 30 degree arc of fire behind (if that, I'm hopeless at good estimations) and you can only fire from level with you and downwards (if that made sense)

Therefore if you are flying low or turning, you can't hit ANYTHING from a tail gunner position, and any reaver or mosquito attacking you only has to fly up or to the side and you can't target them.

Admittedly I did get some kills, but only those who didn't realise the previous fact, and stayed behind us.

And I still think it flies like a pig. :p

P

[PS]Mung

And it's a pain in the arse having to put up with comments like "FLY STRAIGHT GODDAMMIT! I CAN'T BOMB" when you're trying to line up on a juicy VS vehicle column.

Gah! EJECT EJECT!

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I really don't get why bombardiers only drop one load of bombs at a time instead of proper carpet bombing an area...

Personally I don't think that the Liberator unbalances the game as long as utter n00bs keep flying it. And I get two or three kills every time I shoot one of them down. ;)

T

the_smurflord

New patch....
All the n00b players respec to liberator.....
The sky's full of them around every base......
Smart players respec to AA Max.....

Friday / Saturday night, never racked up as many kills. :great:

W

Will

Originally posted by The Slug
THE lib is the Jh of viechles
People moan about it when it is easily countered with a wee bit of sense?

T

Tenko

Been unable to play since patch and I so wanted to take Angharad up in her Reaver and do my Battle of Britain impressions on the 1st night.

Well theres always today, Ill tell you just how they are to take out later :great:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Tenko
and do my Battle of Britain impressions on the 1st night.

I shall be zer evil German adversary, mein Herr! :p

J

Jupitus

Ausgezeichnet! Hier kommen der flutschenschloeffennoob!!! :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

LOL Jup :D

We'll have to work on your evil German overlord language skills, though.

meh <-
deere.gif
-> Tenko

btw :p

J

Jupitus

Eh?.... Ahhh.... it's meant to be das flutschenschloeffennoob!!! I got it now :D

T

Tenko

Tenko takes on NC Liberator and Reaver on Cyssor tonight (Bad fog due too piss poor draw distance)

CA99127.jpg

And the outcome....

Fight_for_the_Sky.jpg

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

*UncleSick on the way to zer front in his brand new secwet Reaver*
Me262_1_Luftsieg_tn.jpg

... and Jup... that's just some Hogan's Heroes gibberish. :p

Fight_for_the_Sky.jpg

Claiming a Jup landing(tm) as kill is lame by the way. ;)

J

Jonaldo

Fight_for_the_Sky.jpg

Claiming a Jup landing(tm) as kill is lame by the way. ;)

landing? that's a Jup lift off mate! :D

J

Jupitus

Ya gits!!!:D

Schnell, schnell!!! Hier kommt die dame mit der belingesdaguft!! :D

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Jupitus
Ya gits!!!:D

Schnell, schnell!!! Hier kommt die dame mit der belingesdaguft!! :D

LOL!:D

Perfect... but what is belingesdaguft, Colonel Klink, sir?

Users who are viewing this thread