Levels 1-20

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Why?

Just ..why?

I aren't moaning, I don't mind, it just takes a while but it's easy.

But why? What was the reasoning behind it?

Helme

Resident Freddy
To give the possibly new players someone to group with?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
But we've done all this before or we wouldn't be able to /level

And group with new people? :D That's never gonna happen.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
RS|Phil said:
But we've done all this before or we wouldn't be able to /level

And group with new people? :D That's never gonna happen.

Ive seen several new players, none with bots - all running around asking where to kill/what there is to do in game.
The game isnt based on you.

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Level 1-20, no one to group with, almost no one else in the Catacombs zones, no fun to do level 1-20, only good point, my Warlock is a good soloer.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
Ive seen several new players, none with bots - all running around asking where to kill/what there is to do in game.

/agree.

/level should be taken out altogether imo. New players have no1 to group with cause people just /level to 20.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I have to agree /level should be taken out... it was nice but to be honest when you get to /level 20 you have crap armour and crap weapons... and no money, which is annoying especially if you dont have a way of transfering money over.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
For most people who are established in the game, its not rocket science to get a char leveled up from 1, without /level. For those who are new to the game, it can be very challenging. So might as well remove the damn thing yeh. I like it though, but I'm an alt-o-holic. :D

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Overdriven said:

I didn't say it was, and I just said I don't _mind_ the fact that I'm forced to do it overmuch.

But going back to your first point, that's always been the case and I've always had plenty of time for new people - even going as far as to get out my level 50 Seers and run round stunning and healing for them just to make the first 10 or so levels easier.

You seem to be missing my point here all of you. I aren't begruding new players their groups and I aren't say I want my /level - I'm just asking what's the point in making us do this? I don't gain anything from it any I can't think of a single person that's rolled one of the new toons that hasn't set /afk Killtasking Zzzzz

:) I'm simply asking what were the thoughts behind the idea? The reasons? Because they don't seem to be doing anythin cept boring us :)

And PS Why is /level bad? :?

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, I'd rather see /level 40 if they removed the possibility to do PL lv 1- 50 in a few hours...

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

and tbh no1 wants to grp with the new classes=/ ive asked on many occasions and always get told to sod off, they only ever solo or get P lvled

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Quite a few new ppl in the game at the mo, have been PM'd a lot in game for Mincer advice whilst I was on, only to happy to help - need more ppl here.

Also get PM'd alot on my Necro - but thats the "Will you PL me... I can pay" I said OK to one guy and then said I want rl money none of the virtual stuff, that did the trick when I asked him for his credit card number :)

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Well precisely - I'm frequently PM'd on my alts with advice from new players atm but not from anyone when I'm playing one of the new chars.

And I don't group with anyone either - Not much point really, the XP isn't good enough. If Mythic were to address the group XP that'd encourage people to group for once but till they do it ain't worth it :(

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Must admit, since I started levelling again I've only had one group in the old world and nothing instance wise...

I chck who's flagging LFG every now and then and no-one ever is :(

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I now check if there is anyone nearby my level that might want to group before i start a session with valkyrie, if there is none (and there hasnt so far) i solo. Shamed to admit to but i also activated my bot acc again since there werent as many others to grp with as i had hoped, but i dont log the bot on until ive checked if there is people to group with. Maybe it will get better when more people can buy cata after 1st april etc.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
I've always thought that /level was a bad idea, so levelling my heretic from a level 1 acolyte was no bother.

Had fun solo levelling my heretic from level 1 to 22 in the Aqueducts when I was trying out Catacombs on the US server Lancelot in January and had as much fun doing the same over the weekend :)

I expect that one reason for some of the new Catacombs areas being empty, at least on the English language servers is partly down to a heck of lot of people being unable to get their hands on the expansion pack. ;)

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
And the box set isn't out till the 15th either.

Koyochi

Fledgling Freddie
They should just replace the /level with a 20% xp bonus or something alike. New alts would still go faster then the first one, but it would give more opportunities to group with new players.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
What they should do is make the XP work like this :. If you solo a mob you get 2000xp, if you duo a mob you both get 2000xp, if you kill a mob in a fg you all get 2000xp.

The xp isn't divided you all get the same XP. Ok it would make XPing extremely fast cos you could just wipe out a camp of yellow mobs for lovely lovely xp but where's the bad thing in that? It would make me want to group with people again because I'd no longer be losing out - which is the way I feel atm if I group, sorry to say.

They say they want to make it easier to level and rightly so and I reckon that'd work nicely.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Reminds me of level 48-50 in DF taking dia mobs... Capped EXP for all xD

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
What they should do is make the XP work like this :. If you solo a mob you get 2000xp, if you duo a mob you both get 2000xp, if you kill a mob in a fg you all get 2000xp.
QUOTE]

Not necessarily that high, I'd say, but better than just dividing by the number of people. Say a 20% bonus for each person after the first, if within 20%, say, of the highest character. That way you get a better bonus than solo, without being too silly, and better in a similar level group.

Darzil

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I used to be a supporter of /level but frankly it has no place in DAoC anymore and with hindsight I am not sure it ever did.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
RS|Phil said:
QUOTE]

Not necessarily that high, I'd say, but better than just dividing by the number of people. Say a 20% bonus for each person after the first, if within 20%, say, of the highest character. That way you get a better bonus than solo, without being too silly, and better in a similar level group.

Darzil

Ehm doesnt it already work like this?

I thought it was +25% bonus for every character above the first - so 2 people would get 125% exp to share on 2, 3 people would get 150% to share on 3 etc.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
If only.

Unless it's changed, it's a straight divide by the number of people. It was last time I checked. It's easiest checking at low levels, when you know how much you get from a yellow or blue.

Certainly still that way for realm points, as shown on the latest grab bag on the Camelot Herald.

Darzil

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Nice idea Darzil I like it.

Fana, no the bonus isn't that high and then you only get the bonus if mobs add - which they don't do depending on vicinity and levels of of the chars and some other factors that make no sense.
I like the idea of the XP being guaranteed without the adds having to come along in their twos and threes and possibly slaughtering the whole group.

XPing shouldn't be a grind the way it is atm and one of the things I've often liked about the low levels is that you see your xp moving rapidly - I'd like to see that carry on up to level 50, esepcially if they were to give a 20% xp boost per member :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
hmm, its a quite tricky question tbh and there is no right answer.

On one side you have the vets that have leveled tons of chars already, that knows the PvE inside and out that simply are terribly bored with the grinding parts of it.

On the other side you have newbies that have problems getting groups..

I'd propose a system where the vets have a possibility to create a toon of same level as the newbie on his account to use for guidance and to teach him zones and what to level on and and try to teach him the capabilititys of the character he chose..

WHY would the vet even bother? For cash of course, the realm pays the vet a certain amount of pure, hardearned golds per hour he spends in the same group as the newbie. WHY would the realm pay? Of course they should pay realmmembers to help newbies to get going in a new realm.

Requirements to be classified as a newbie should be something along; no character over lvl40 on the account he uses.

Requirements to be classified as a vet should be 1-3 lvl50's on the account he uses. The char he creates is destroyed when the newbie dings 50 and all cash is transferred to the desired lvl50 on his account he specifies.

Could also actually increase the gained xp the "guidancegroup" gets since the newbie learns more, ie: 20% bonusxp for example.

Something like that..

the /level isnt a good solution for vets either, id rather see xpincreases based on how many lvl50s you already have. 10% free bonusxp per lvl50 on the account. That ALSO applies when leveling artifacts. I could live with a system like that and also be quite happy with it.

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
I didn't say it was, and I just said I don't _mind_ the fact that I'm forced to do it overmuch.

But going back to your first point, that's always been the case and I've always had plenty of time for new people - even going as far as to get out my level 50 Seers and run round stunning and healing for them just to make the first 10 or so levels easier.

You seem to be missing my point here all of you. I aren't begruding new players their groups and I aren't say I want my /level - I'm just asking what's the point in making us do this? I don't gain anything from it any I can't think of a single person that's rolled one of the new toons that hasn't set /afk Killtasking Zzzzz

:) I'm simply asking what were the thoughts behind the idea? The reasons? Because they don't seem to be doing anythin cept boring us :)

And PS Why is /level bad? :?

I'm loving the first 20 levs, though i'm playing a Vamp, so plenty to learn (ya cant just mash 1 button) as mythic stated, they want new classes played all way.. /level is for classes that been around ages and all work pretty much exactly same..

On other hand tbh, in catas so much new stuff to see, and at lev 17 it takes 1-2 task dungions to ding, so its not exactly a chor (unlike the old, get task, run miles, kill mob run back)

In fact having so much fun, havn't bothered to get out my animist to pl my vamp, though did farm 900 auralite to help get start equipment, even that only took 1 hr as a lev 50 unbuffed ranger :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom