Leveling a shaman with all these bots around?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
strangely enough exactly the spec I'm aiming for..

got the 32 aug and 14 mend just need to build up my cave :)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I much preferred the days when thanes were bunging mjollnirs about at milegates tbh, emain these days is boring as hell.

Roll on frontiers and I hope they nerf the crap out of CC so we can go back to proper RvR (and thats realm vs realm not fg vs fg, get off my kill, dont add, etc etc etc)

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
plastic said:
You don't need to have the buffbot grouped to gain endurance regeneration, and if the buffbot shaman by any chance has specced some cave for the pbae disease, he can use that too without stealing any exp afaik.

Oh... i was talking about RvR :)

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
Summoner said:
then dont cry that u cant get a spot in grp.
grp doesnt need a char which would gimp the grp itself.

e.g.im thinking of removing ae dot from my main qbar cos there is no use of it in usual fights.

Love you Bouh :x

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Summoner said:
by having ur own fun u r ruining a fun which others were supposed to get... together with that thane near u casting Mjollnir.

fun is when ur grp (8ppl) wins the fight cos daoc is a command game fyi.

Awwwwww, did I ruin your fun? Was nice to see the shout of "FO thane!" from you ;)

And when it comes down to it fun is whatever an individual sees as fun. Some people like running with uber FOTM assist 8 man groups buffed to the hilt steamrollering everyone in their way, some like large battles, some like teaming up with other stealthers. Some like fair fights (although I suspect most of the uber 8v8 QQ players don't like fair fights and just like making rps.....)

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
specc exactly how you want, but dont come crying when ppl dont wanna grp you, if ppl can choose can choose someone with better spec for what they doing ofc they will do that, would be stupid if they didnt

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Lol at some people. Their fear of being seen as FoTM would seem to be there primary concern, not how they spec their class.

You do realize shaman is the primary (and only) buffing class in mid? It's nothing to do with being a "buff-bot", stop throwing around cliches. The difference between 32 and 37 is the yellow buffs instead of the blue ones and better resists. The difference between 39 Cave and higher is an insignificant amount on the DoT and slightly higher damage DD and bolt, around 20-30 points effectively. And don't even get me started on the absolutely pathetic joke that is the mend line.

Bottom line is you can spec however you want, it's up to you if you want to disregard the advice of someone who's played a shaman for 70+ days. Just don't run around with pitchforks and torches screaming "burn the RvR fotms!!"

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Rulke said:
Lol at some people. Their fear of being seen as FoTM would seem to be there primary concern, not how they spec their class.

You do realize shaman is the primary (and only) buffing class in mid? It's nothing to do with being a "buff-bot", stop throwing around cliches. The difference between 32 and 37 is the yellow buffs instead of the blue ones and better resists. The difference between 39 Cave and higher is an insignificant amount on the DoT and slightly higher damage DD and bolt, around 20-30 points effectively. And don't even get me started on the absolutely pathetic joke that is the mend line.

Bottom line is you can spec however you want, it's up to you if you want to disregard the advice of someone who's played a shaman for 70+ days. Just don't run around with pitchforks and torches screaming "burn the RvR fotms!!"
Yeah I'll completely ignore how long you've played a shaman, how much were you AFK?

Shaman isn't the only buffing class in mid, there's just hardly any aug spec'd healers around

I'd rather have an insignificantly higher DOT/better bolt/DD than buffs, that's my choice though and I take whatever good or bad comes from it. Either way I get a character I want to play :cheers: personally having both an (now)Aug 38 and aug 32 shaman I can't see much of a difference other than one is piss boring to play and the other is a laugh. But I don't RvR seriously like some people so perhaps I'm just far more relaxed about losing 10 points here and there when I can get more fun out of a character. Aug 32/cave41/mend 14 suits me and it'll suit a lot of others. What pisses me right off is people insisting that shaman have aug 37+ spec. If they want one with that spec, go and make one and leave the rest of us alone to spec as we want. I doubt shaman are the only class to be "told" how to spec constantly in order to get groups. People really need to loosen up and remember how they played when the game was released - for fun, a few laughs and not the XP and RP hungry whores they are these days.

Personally I think buffs should only effect those in your group.. but then I'm against BBs sitting at telekeeps

augbots.jpg

That was tonight when albs were in our frontier, hold on are all those kobolds and trolls cave spec shammy? ;) There's a problem in midgard and it's peoples attitude to those that play shaman for fun and not to AFK as a bot

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
my /played time is 80+ days, and I got to say that 41 cave, 32 aug, 14 mend is the most enjoyable specc as a shammy. Its also a very good rvr solo specc :)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
What happened to that smilie banging his head against a brick wall?

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
one day i'll get bitter about this whole subject

that's the day i deny warriors into my groups that don't spec 50 shield, healers without 48pac, RMs without 6sec pbt, SM's that aren't full supp, BD's that aren't full supp... thanes hunters SBs i will dismiss outright

one day i'll get bitter about this...hope i stop playing before that day comes

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Ok I'll do a logical comparison, using small words and speaking slowly.

41 cave
  • Bolt = 148dd - around 450cap, does about 300 usually on casters. Ineffectual on tanks
  • DD = 232dd - Does around 250-300 on most targets, 20 second timer
39 Cave
  • Bolt = 128dd ~ 15% less (so around 255)
  • DD = 201dd ~ 16% less (so around 210)
So that's a grand total of 85 points of damage lost every 20 seconds
Now lets check the difference in aug specs..

32 Aug
  • Str/con = 45
  • Dex/qui = 48
  • Cold resist = 8%
  • Damage add = 2dps

37 Aug
  • Str/con = 57 ~30% increase
  • Dex/qui = 58 ~ 20% increase
  • Cold resist = 16% =100% increase
  • DA = 3dps = 50% increase

Ok, so the resists and the DA aren't that important, but the damage add alone on every tank in the group would make up some of the group's dps disparity resulting from lower cave spec. The buffs would increase the groups damage way beyond what you miss by losing 4 cave. So what advantage is there to your group by speccing 41 cave? The only conclusion I can draw is it's pure selfishness; a "must get death spam" mentality at the cost of your group's effectiveness.

The other thing perplexing me is your view of buffbots. Mainly that you don't seem to know what one is. Bots aren't played, they are run seperately and their sole function is to buff the group. Played shaman with high aug spec are players who have chosen to play their (support) class to the full advantage of their group. You do realize that if you spec 32 aug, your group will need a bot?. Doesn't make sense to me given your obvious distaste for bots.

Kami said:
how much were you AFK?
I'm not sure how to reply to this because I don't understand your point.

Edit: shaman with 14 mend (in my experience) are the ones who frigg you in combat then apologize for only having 10% rezz :puke:

Tiac

Loyal Freddie
Kami said:
Shaman isn't the only buffing class in mid, there's just hardly any aug spec'd healers around

omfg, hardly any aug specced healers around?
fyi we lack pacers in mid you know, couse most
healers are AUG/mend specced. Do you even know
what you are talking about? But true as say, you play
and spec your char YOUR way. BUT these ppl KNOW
what they are talking about, they arent trying to fuck you
around. But by all means spec your shaman 50 cave
and the rest mend if you like, noone really cares.
Just dont try to bs yourself with

"I know this better than all of you, who have played
shaman for 2+ years with every possible spec".

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
Ok I'll do a logical comparison, using small words and speaking slowly.

41 cave
  • Bolt = 148dd - around 450cap, does about 300 usually on casters. Ineffectual on tanks
  • DD = 232dd - Does around 250-300 on most targets, 20 second timer
39 Cave
  • Bolt = 128dd ~ 15% less (so around 255)
  • DD = 201dd ~ 16% less (so around 210)
So that's a grand total of 85 points of damage lost every 20 seconds
Now lets check the difference in aug specs..

32 Aug
  • Str/con = 45
  • Dex/qui = 48
  • Cold resist = 8%
  • Damage add = 2dps

37 Aug
  • Str/con = 57 ~30% increase
  • Dex/qui = 58 ~ 20% increase
  • Cold resist = 16% =100% increase
  • DA = 3dps = 50% increase

Ok, so the resists and the DA aren't that important, but the damage add alone on every tank in the group would make up some of the group's dps disparity resulting from lower cave spec. The buffs would increase the groups damage way beyond what you miss by losing 4 cave. So what advantage is there to your group by speccing 41 cave? The only conclusion I can draw is it's pure selfishness; a "must get death spam" mentality at the cost of your group's effectiveness.

The other thing perplexing me is your view of buffbots. Mainly that you don't seem to know what one is. Bots aren't played, they are run seperately and their sole function is to buff the group. Played shaman with high aug spec are players who have chosen to play their (support) class to the full advantage of their group. You do realize that if you spec 32 aug, your group will need a bot?. Doesn't make sense to me given your obvious distaste for bots.

I'm not sure how to reply to this because I don't understand your point.

Edit: shaman with 14 mend (in my experience) are the ones who frigg you in combat then apologize for only having 10% rezz :puke:
you still don't get it...

you can throw numbers in my face, saying this spec is better than that spec.. fact remains that the 'best' spec might not always be the spec that a certain player (like me) wants to play.

and yes i'm selfish. ofcourse i am, it's my money, i play how i want to. apart from some people, (like you apparantly) that have to be the best and can't see a way to do the job under less than optimal conditions, the people i group with have no reason to complain about me or my spec. In the end it's more about the player than the spec ...

also... if a group has a bot, no matter how high my augspec is...it will never match it. So apart from endreg and resists a shaman offers nothing to a group that has a bot. for a shamanplayer this is injury to insult

but we seem to playing 2 different games, so do how you like..just do expect people to conform and do the same

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
"Hi, can I buy a bike?"
"Sure, would you like this model?"
"That's nice, but I only want 1 wheel. I know its not as good but please respect my right to ride a bike how I want to, even if I do hold up all the traffic"

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Big Ugly said:
you can throw numbers in my face, saying this spec is better than that spec.. fact remains that the 'best' spec might not always be the spec that a certain player (like me) wants to play.
I guess you didn't read the numbers... So I'll sumarize.

Difference in damage between between 37 and 41 cave = minimal
Difference in heals between 4 and 14 Mend = non existant
Difference between 32 and 37 aug = really rather a lot.

Don't you see there is no "difference" in playstyle? Both get access to all the same spells with only a slight loss in damage. In return for this you become much more groupable.

You do group don't you?

[AB]Shirtan

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm id like to think that i bring more then just endreg and resists, ex. root is not bad on caster type enemies or stuff chasing your healers..

remove aedot from qb??? never!!! i pwn those milegates!! :twak:

/Shirtan

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Shhh shirtan, we all know you have 1-9 as AE dot on qbar. :p

and 0 as /release ofc ^^

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Tiac said:
omfg, hardly any aug specced healers around?
fyi we lack pacers in mid you know, couse most
healers are AUG/mend specced. Do you even know
what you are talking about? But true as say, you play
and spec your char YOUR way. BUT these ppl KNOW
what they are talking about, they arent trying to fuck you
around. But by all means spec your shaman 50 cave
and the rest mend if you like, noone really cares.
Just dont try to bs yourself with

"I know this better than all of you, who have played
shaman for 2+ years with every possible spec".
You'll notice that there's a fair number of people agreeing with my spec too or haven't you read all the posts? I'm not attacking Rulke, I use to be guilded with him in AB a loooong time ago with other chars and actually respect him a fair bit. I'm simply saying that there's an alternative to the normal 37 aug spec shammy and he's actually agreeing so I don't see your point at all. We have different views on shammy that's all so I've no idea what your getting angry about :twak:

Fact is Rulke likes 37+ aug shammy, fair enough I don't and think it's a waste. It's just a matter of how you play, Rulkes pretty seriously about his RvR and I'm not. I haven't done the "I know better.." thing that you're going on about. I've simply not agreed to everything that 37+ aug shammies say. Am I not allowed an opinion? ah sorry I'm not RR10 so I don't count :eek:

BTW Rulke, very minor points here but with 14 mend you also get the cures. it might not be handy to you but to me it is. I don't play FG v FG rvr so being able to help people running about in spasms of pain is fairly good. The gap between 32 and 37 aug isn't as huge as many seem to think and with TOA around it wouldn't surprise me if it meant even less. Like we've both said we play differently so we're going to spec differently too :p

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
You do group don't you?
yup

and those people group with me for the person i am...not the spec my characters have

i even get groups with my hunter! <shock>

oh and on the clever bike analogy..let me make my own

"Hi, I want to buy a one-wheeled bike"

"Why? A two-wheeled bike is much better"

"Nevertheless, I came to buy a one-wheeled bike, so don't try and sell me something I don't want"

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
Awwwwww, did I ruin your fun? Was nice to see the shout of "FO thane!" from you ;)

And when it comes down to it fun is whatever an individual sees as fun. Some people like running with uber FOTM assist 8 man groups buffed to the hilt steamrollering everyone in their way, some like large battles, some like teaming up with other stealthers. Some like fair fights (although I suspect most of the uber 8v8 QQ players don't like fair fights and just like making rps.....)

so, it was you who dropped hammers on mezzed people?
havent seen this in a year, thought thanes started to use their brain instead of their ass. but that day i was like :eek2:
i really really really hope thanes will be nerfed even more
down to the point when nobody will play em, _nobody_

you can rvr in 1fg, you can masturbate in a bathroom, you can rvr in 2fgs, you can sell marijuana, you can rvr in zerg, i dont give a flying fuck
but dont drop hammers/spears on mezzed people
thank you

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
old.anubis said:
so, it was you who dropped hammers on mezzed people?
havent seen this in a year, thought thanes started to use their brain instead of their ass. but that day i was like :eek2:
i really really really hope thanes will be nerfed even more
down to the point when nobody will play em, _nobody_

you can rvr in 1fg, you can masturbate in a bathroom, you can rvr in 2fgs, you can sell marijuana, you can rvr in zerg, i dont give a flying fuck
but dont drop hammers/spears on mezzed people
thank you
Actually I was just dropping the hammers on the doors which were being pbaoed by two sm's at the time to add to their damage. it wasn't open field rvr is was a specific milegate fight...... Usually I have my qb set up without hammers whilst rvring, but at the time I'd been farming cash before and forgotten to change my qb to the rvr one.

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
that "specific milegate fight" was 1fg of brehons pbaeing one mg door and two fgs of mids pbaeing/aeing the other mg door
:D

I_R_BIG_TROLL

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
by having ur own fun u r ruining a fun which others were supposed to get... together with that thane near u casting Mjollnir.

fun is when ur grp (8ppl) wins the fight cos daoc is a command game fyi.

mate, get off of the thane flaming eh - I havent seen mjol casted in any RvR situation in months. Thanes have a hard enough time as it is - without ppl like you dragging the name further in the mud

kkthxbye

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom