Leveling a shaman with all these bots around?

stormwind

Fledgling Freddie
I think I have a bit of perspective as I am a new player to the game and yesterday dinged my first 50, which actually is my main and a shaman!

Altough, I am not the average newbie player I suppose, I have 2 accounts and a warrior on the other one.. Up to level 35ish there was no problem getting groups with both chars, playing the warrior active and having shaman as buffer and backup healer..

But after 35 it was hell, solod all the way to 41 (more or less) then I got a type of help I will never forgett, a spot in moderna by a guildm8 and ingame friend of mine.. I got there with my shammy and worked as pethealer and rest-buffer and it worked ok, didnt take more then one session and I was lvl 46 or 47, not sure.

After that, It was hard getting a group, took about a week, in that time I had been in ToA mostly since we had just gotten it to europe, and in there I went to 48 doing ML 1-4.

Now at lvl 48 I got a new group (I had to be on the list for moderna for 3 days before actually getting an invitation) and then I stuck to it, I made my own list with online lvl 50 SMs and healers that wanted in with leech and I made sure that the group stayed together untill I dinged 50.... and here I am now.

So id say it is hell leveling a shaman to level 50 if your a new player and only have 1 account, if you have 2 accounts, make a warrior to go with him since thats what you need basically...
If your an old experienced player I suppose its a bit easier since you know ppl, have friends and resources ingame etc etc..

But atleast its not impossible :)

Noted should be that I have 2 months payed time between 2 jobs, which puts my average playtime per day to over 8 hours.

Kelan

Fledgling Freddie
39c 32a 18m Kios spec since she was 50,long time now

As for getting groups well if u havin probs finding groups u looking in wrong place or hanging about for wrong ppl.If u cant find a group just bloody solo hardly rocket science for a shamen to solo_Oh and with wa4 a single line dot "can" hit for over 300+ if u lucky, kinda nice i'd say.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
u could just go to df and leech off a higher level just say may i join u on auto s :)

Rulke, you gotta stop insisting people are gimping themselves, theyre not, they just dont play to YOUR rules...ffs while i had my cave/aug shammie he was the MOST fun ive had in a loooong time!! the point your missing by banding about numbers saying "rah rah ive played rahah i know best" is that HE PLAYS FOR FUN, he RVR's for ?? yep u guessed it FUN... how is he slowing others down? if you dont group with him he dont affect you so get of your high horse!! he can play how he likes... why the hell should he conform just so he fits in with what you think a shaman should be to be optimal.. hes already stated he dont care, he plays for fun!!!! :touch:

good on ya mate, at the end of the day whats the point in playing a spec you dont enjoy..kinda pointless if your overall goal isnt to WTF pwn in gank grpps, which lets face is is 90% full of pretentious wankers anyway.. i may break out my Cave shammy and start levelling him again just so i can spam MG's with Dot's and disease!! sorry if that interferes with your game rulke, after all the box did say Dark Age of Camelot not Dark ages of Rulke!

(this is not a personal attack Rulks so dont take it that way, but you gotta see that all kinds of people play this game, and they play how they like... i mean lol ffs my skald used 1h an sheild and i had loads of fun!! not everyone likes FOTM PRE-conceived setups!! we like to be unique as unique as you can be with your spec points) :m00:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I believe Rulke is trying to help actually, i dont think he is trying to put anyone down. And he is right that the spec he advocates is more likely to get a shammy a group, both in PvE and in RvR.

Anyway, with the new +25% buffing efficency ToA items a shammy with aug 38 will hit buffcap anyway :)

And about Thanes and rvr - it isnt TehHammer that is the problem, it is their lack of determination.

Fana said:
I believe Rulke is trying to help actually, i dont think he is trying to put anyone down. And he is right that the spec he advocates is more likely to get a shammy a group, both in PvE and in RvR.

Anyway, with the new +25% buffing efficency ToA items a shammy with aug 38 will hit buffcap anyway :)

And about Thanes and rvr - it isnt TehHammer that is the problem, it is their lack of determination.

i dont doubt he was TRYING to be helpful...but he seemed to be a bit aggressive with his stance..still takes all sorts i suppose..main point still stands make your char however you like aslong as you enjoy it!

agon

Fledgling Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
Rulke, you gotta stop insisting people are gimping themselves, theyre not, they just dont play to YOUR rules...ffs while i had my cave/aug shammie he was the MOST fun ive had in a loooong time!! the point your missing by banding about numbers saying "rah rah ive played rahah i know best" is that HE PLAYS FOR FUN, he RVR's for ?? yep u guessed it FUN... how is he slowing others down? if you dont group with him he dont affect you so get of your high horse!! he can play how he likes... why the hell should he conform just so he fits in with what you think a shaman should be to be optimal.. hes already stated he dont care, he plays for fun!!!! :touch:

good on ya mate, at the end of the day whats the point in playing a spec you dont enjoy..kinda pointless if your overall goal isnt to WTF pwn in gank grpps, which lets face is is 90% full of pretentious wankers anyway.. i may break out my Cave shammy and start levelling him again just so i can spam MG's with Dot's and disease!! sorry if that interferes with your game rulke, after all the box did say Dark Age of Camelot not Dark ages of Rulke!

(this is not a personal attack Rulks so dont take it that way, but you gotta see that all kinds of people play this game, and they play how they like... i mean lol ffs my skald used 1h an sheild and i had loads of fun!! not everyone likes FOTM PRE-conceived setups!! we like to be unique as unique as you can be with your spec points) :m00:

aqrghhfddggggggggh grahg grffffffft

and as a nice finish i found it funny how you say it was not a personal attack. but while i look it through all i see is "rulke"

agon said:
aqrghhfddggggggggh grahg grffffffft

and as a nice finish i found it funny how you say it was not a personal attack. but while i look it through all i see is "rulke"

thats because he was the main protagonist, should i address it to santa claus? and it wasnt a personal attack, it was a reply to his EVERYONE must play this spec or you suck post...which simply isnt true. :touch:

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Wtf, wasn't this thread a few months ago?

You played a skald using 1H and shield? Well you go girl, grats for your entirely original take on a class which has never been done before. I mean it must have required supreme sacrifice to do that, not just unequipping your 2H sword and equiping a 1H+shield or anything.

The point I was trying to make (in vain it seems) was that the damage difference between the 41cave DD and bolt and the lower one was miniscule. Having 39 cave you still get a bolt and a DD, so please tell me where this huge difference in play-style is?

And please, feel free to make all the "personal attacks" you want on me, I'd call it a discussion myself, and try to make a more logical case than simply "let me cut off my nose to spite my face if I want, it's my right!"
Of course you have the right to spec how you want, just like you have the right to stick your arm in a blender.

Himse

FH is my second home
LOL people on the first page,

Shammy acctually rox, most are now bb's but i am a playing shammy and i wtf pwn :) my spec is 39 cave 37 aug 4mend

i have almost taken 4 people solo :D in 1 go ofc :D :clap:

Glumur

Fledgling Freddie
right u are Himse shammy's rock :wub:

and mine is speced 39 cave 37 aug 4tehwin u get yellow buffs and
nice bolt,dd and ae root ehh :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom