Lesson for all IRC blabbers :)

Baduska

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Hmm, talk about doing an attempt started quite a bit later. At 7BST/8CEST the KN group was gathering in Svasud and trying to decide where to go for the evening. All 3 frontiers were reportingly rather empty so we went to Odin's Gate to repair the doors at Bledmeer. After that we patrolled the milegates once finding only two Hibs.
At that point we started thinking about a RR, contacted Maelstrom and Bad Omen and since they were up for it we grabbed some rams at Bledmeer. After a brief poll Dun Dagda was decided to be the target. I contacted the New Era alliance and the final turnout in Emain was bigger than expected.
Everything past that point is history. ;)

And yes, that relic raid happend because a fat dorf got bored. More enemies in Odin's and HW please!

:p i am a troll though not a dorf : O

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Brolundar said:
Just one question, what exactly does sthe last part of this log mean?
That part in brackets.
Its colour/format codes (bold underline etc). When you copy them properly or grab from a log thats how theyre displayed in a text editor. On irc you wouldnt see the blocks or numbers.

Circulous

Fledgling Freddie
This is just a game and it seems lots of pps forget this sometimes. Not more and not less than this - a game.

Blaming a single player for this is bullshit. About 100 Albs werent willing to defend and did ML in Arbor Glen, blame them. We had the chance to get the relic back but we werent able to do cause of low reaction.

It was a fast and well organised RR by mids at primetime without any fault.

Gratz for that.

Path

Fledgling Freddie
Brolundar said:
Just one question, what exactly does sthe last part of this log mean?
That part in brackets.

Signs that wouldn't translate very well, or just codes for the colours for the timestamp oO They wouldn't look like this in original form, obviously.

And since I couldn't be arsed to read the whole thing, BC beat me to it :twak:

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Hehehe the doors at bledmere was my doing :D i got bored and everyone was on raids and thing so i dragged along a font druid and a shade and went to play with the keep :D

hehehe sort of expected to get butchered really and the doors are tough when mushrooms arnt hititng them

btw i like irc its nice to chat with the other peeps and swear at them when they insist on jumping me with 30fgs ;) or tell them stuff when they ask about why the crap i just killed them and where did you stick that mushroom

IRC is just a way to natter with other people who wont complain your spamming the alliance channel

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
ilaya said:
does irc come with daoc? no

it is therefore a 3rd party program that can offer an advantage to peeps using it? yes

BAN IRC

irc makes u a cheat

EULA said:
6. Hacks, Modifications and/or Changes to the Game
You may not use any third party software to modify the Game to change Game play. You may not use intellectual property rights contained in the Game or the Software to create or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.

Make of that what you will, in my eyes, IRC does not modify the game or change the game play. As for sayign DAOC does not come with IRC and therefor if you use IRC you cheat, well this has to be even more lame and patheticaly stupid than some of the things even *I* have said in the past.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
EULA said:
6. Hacks, Modifications and/or Changes to the Game
You may not use any third party software to modify the Game to change Game play. You may not use intellectual property rights contained in the Game or the Software to create or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.

You could say that IRC is changing Game play when blabbing on IRC.
But tbh this blabbing thing should be more of a CoC among us DAOC players. Ppl shouldn´t scream out RR or any raid of that matter on IRC. Spoils the whole thing with suprice attack.
Just my opinion.

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
You could say that IRC is changing Game play when blabbing on IRC.
But tbh this blabbing thing should be more of a CoC among us DAOC players. Ppl shouldn´t scream out RR or any raid of that matter on IRC. Spoils the whole thing with suprice attack.
Just my opinion.

Worst is when third realm does it. If we're doing Hib raid and Hibies see us and say it in IRC, it doesn't have that much impact because they'll already have it posted in alliances and all. It may just bring some Albs to party and possibly some Hibs that were offline from game.
But when Albs do it, Hibs hear about it and if they didn't know yet, then it was the Alb who ruined our raid on Hibs.

I don't use IRC much even though I hang around in there. It's nice sometimes to talk to your "enemies" but I think any in-game matters that aren't past ones shouldn't be posted about..
It happens quite lot that someone makes comments about "zerg" or guildgroup that killed them and mentions the zone for example. They're still there, it shouldn't be said in IRC and it's same thing as RR blabbing, though not as big problem. It still allows third realm to learn about something they wouldn't know about otherwise and can then go and join the party or whatever.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
typical Sycho post ^^

Anything you can do i can do better! I can do anything better than you! No you can't! yes i can! No you can't! yes i can!

Gratz on getting your relic back
I think the first i heard about this was when the first relic guard died ^^
I ran there full speed ported inside to find mids were already inside knocking down the third door(after which i got pbaoed to death :p) ^^

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
typical Sycho post ^^

Anything you can do i can do better! I can do anything better than you! No you can't! yes i can! No you can't! yes i can!

I ran there full speed ported inside to find mids were already inside knocking down the third door(after which i got pbaoed to death :p) ^^

Come to a keep and i will prove it to you, mouthy little ****. xD

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
typical Sycho post ^^

hahah was it you who was the solo sorc came running to excal? was wondering what u were doing all alone :D Maybe you thought we didn´t have first 2 doors down or sumtin.
:wub:

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Good raid from Mids.

Was in Avalon City in group when I got PM. Disbanded immediately and headed for Frontier. Filled group as fast as possible but no speed at all so slogged out as best we could.

I knew there was no point in my group chasing the Mids with relic so camped Excal til Mids dead and had some fun, then went and helped with Beno retake. Thanks to Mids and Hibbies for RR2 on my gimp cabby. Back to Avalon City and on with xp.

Anyone who blabs on IRC should be shot, but sadly GOA will do nothing about it. I've been through this with them and it got me nowhere.
If the log shown is accurate then its a deliberate attempt to spoil someone else's raid by alerting a 3rd party (Hibs in this case) to it and the person should have his account wiped. The grey area wins in this case all the time and there will likely be no comeback.

This however shouldn't take away from the fact it was a very good raid from Mids indeed, and a deserved relic win.

Eroa

Banned
bashir said:
omgm8ur0xwtf!!1

get a life tbh

agree

not sarcastic or anything..

i just simply agree with it beeing lame digging up pitures of people and posting

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
ilaya said:
does irc come with daoc? no

it is therefore a 3rd party program that can offer an advantage to peeps using it? yes

BAN IRC

irc makes u a cheat

Hahaha, good laff meight.

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Circulous said:
This is just a game and it seems lots of pps forget this sometimes. Not more and not less than this - a game.

Blaming a single player for this is bullshit. About 100 Albs werent willing to defend and did ML in Arbor Glen, blame them. We had the chance to get the relic back but we werent able to do cause of low reaction.

It was a fast and well organised RR by mids at primetime without any fault.

Gratz for that.

So lets blame those doing something else?

Gromnir

Fledgling Freddie
Belorfyn said:
I thought it funny, here's a summary:
- Mids go raid power relics in the land of Hibies
- Invisibul** the Infiltrator sees Mids and decides to tell everyone in IRC for some weird reason of his.
- Mids cancel raid and port to Albion
- Invisibul the Infiltrator now hits for 10% less damage

** I can't be totally sure if it's really him, might be someone using his name in IRC too.

:clap:

Go mids :)

Happy you jumped boat to albion ... the toguht of having to leave a good nights pve to head to Dagda and kick your asses was not welcome :p

Anyway our alliance rang with "GO MIDS" when you stole the relic.

B0wnz

Fledgling Freddie
i had a msg while on the alb ml8 raid after the relic was taken that the guy who had the relic got lost/died to a mob? is that true? :p
only had 1 msg of that then 15 mins after that u capped the relic. was a strong delay on cap from when u took it. :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
B0wnz said:
i had a msg while on the alb ml8 raid after the relic was taken that the guy who had the relic got lost/died to a mob? is that true? :p
only had 1 msg of that then 15 mins after that u capped the relic. was a strong delay on cap from when u took it. :)

It was me who had the relic and no I did not get lost or died to a mob. we did meet steveh´s grp although and won and then we ran a different route to mpk waiting for mids to come to hmg. then we ported svasud and waited for the zerg to remove the hibs then we ran to keep and placed the relic where it belongs

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Well done. Just keep it nice and shiney we may want it back soon

Karmatika

One of Freddy's beloved
Eroa said:
agree

not sarcastic or anything..

i just simply agree with it beeing lame digging up pitures of people and posting

ur totally right, i am in shame..... u prolly didnt see alll my other posts about rr blabbing on irc good ppl stopped because of that. sweet ppl to realm etc can remember a good thread or 10.... screwing up the game for 140+ ppl is naijs... ah well its been going on as far as i can remember and still going... Name and shame! imo

PS BLAB MOREEEEEE

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Aldrick said:
And nice to see a PRIME time raid that succeeds, not like the lame raids where u pick up relics in the middle of the night when im sleeping :)

To be fair, I think the last 5 successful relic raids were all prime time.

Mids taking hib power relic
Hibs taking it back
Albs taking mid strength relic
Mids taking it back
Mids taking the other 2 strength relics.

Keep it up on all sides.

PS: I'll now be more active in relic defence. Glad we lost them really, didn't like the way we aquired them due to Hib charity. Now we get to earn them properly again.

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
Was a greta raid by mids and other than the

"errr i lost the relics" quote by sum1 when half the carriers went ld :p

was a lot of fun :D

An unlucky guard pop wiped a lot of the mids just as the albs arrived, which was a shame really as i was looking forward to a nice fight, but it gave enough time for the carriers to get away and off we all went to odins. Everything went quite smoothly from there and it was a job well done.

To the alb that blabbed, well quite funny he cost you the strength relics, if i was alb i would be pissed and would make a point about telling the guy in question. Was fun :D and defending renaris after despite the pet spam through doors, was more like fighting hibs :p I have to say the fights that involved the fewest pets are always the ones i enjoy the most.

It is a trade off about the doors. Yeah its easy to break them down but if it wasn't relic raiding wud be all but impossible, as even with a 100 mid zerg, would take barely 30 albs or even less hibs to defend a relic keep, so people would have to resort to not prime time. Was nice also to see all the rvr guilds involved, often they skip relic raids especially the strength ones.

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Inca said:
Was a greta raid by mids and other than the

"errr i lost the relics" quote by sum1 when half the carriers went ld :p

was a lot of fun :D

An unlucky guard pop wiped a lot of the mids just as the albs arrived, which was a shame really as i was looking forward to a nice fight, but it gave enough time for the carriers to get away and off we all went to odins. Everything went quite smoothly from there and it was a job well done.

To the alb that blabbed, well quite funny he cost you the strength relics, if i was alb i would be pissed and would make a point about telling the guy in question. Was fun :D and defending renaris after despite the pet spam through doors, was more like fighting hibs :p I have to say the fights that involved the fewest pets are always the ones i enjoy the most.

It is a trade off about the doors. Yeah its easy to break them down but if it wasn't relic raiding wud be all but impossible, as even with a 100 mid zerg, would take barely 30 albs or even less hibs to defend a relic keep, so people would have to resort to not prime time. Was nice also to see all the rvr guilds involved, often they skip relic raids especially the strength ones.

um m8 this thread was for like a month ago...has nothing to do with yesterdays relic raid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom